• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Rat's 4/12/11

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
kels is only good when there's money on the line. :bee::bee:

IMO, smash is a complicated game, but sometimes wins/losses come down to only a few key moments you can't prepare for. maybe it comes down to luck after all

Tink

Smash Hero
kelly is without a doubt the most lucky smasher in the MW....ive neverrr seen anyone else come up with so much luck, when he should lose a match.

edit: if anyone has a triwing screwdriver, pleasseeeee bring it here!

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i think you can have periods of perfect focus that last like 2-5 seconds in which time what appears to be luck would be caused by total concentration

Rat

Smash Lord
i think you can have periods of perfect focus that last like 2-5 seconds in which time what appears to be luck would be caused by total concentration
this. 10this.

seriously though, when these moments happen it's awesome. It's like everything is super slow motion. It's almost as if you could instantly react to anything.

here are two semi-related articles:

Sirlin
Wobbles blog

edit: Yeah sorry george. I had to change the time because my boss made a work meeting yesterday @ 2pm today.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
you do that every match against everyone

you play safely all match then go nuts on the last stock and kill everything because no one expects that

Vro

Smash Lord
you do that every match against everyone

you play safely all match then go nuts on the last stock and kill everything because no one expects that
if only kels could just start killing everything from the beginning...

Rat

Smash Lord
yeah it can either be:
1/10/11 -Tomorrow (highly unlikely)
1/12/11 - Wednesday
1/14/11 - Friday

When would you like to do it?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Usually people come to my place the night before a tournament, so friday wouldn't be that good for me. I would be willing to come wednesday, but I have to check my work schedule to make sure i dont work then.

ORLY

Smash Master
Vro you know that's not true. If I had the means, I'd play with you every day. Vro is the Guru to my Namek saga Gohan.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no one is willing to play with me =(
I really wanted to play with you. My mom freaked out at me when i told her i was going to chicago for the 3rd time this week. I got a 20 minute lecture about never being home which turned into priorities and school and work and money... Aka same old **** we argue about.

It turns out I work friday and am free wednesday.

Rat

Smash Lord
ok so this is happening wednesday. I hope it's not too soon for you'all.

I've been hit with a bout of insomnia (lol i'm losing sleep thinking about Kelly's shiek) but thankfully that means I've thought of the next lesson.

I'm not sure how well the first one went over. My goal i guess is to articulate some of what's going on with Melee. Advice/tips from players is generally really vague and ****ty.
is to give you tools to think about the game with.

Quick questions:
How was the format? Like it was super casual, but I can do it more professionally. (even though that takes more work, bleh.)

Anyways the next lesson will be talking about fear.

Sadly this means I have to write up the last lesson before the next one and post it online. ggs me.

Vro

Smash Lord
stuff about falco ******.

this is fox's nair spacing.

free move in this zone.

Big_R

Smash Champion
bro don't be a student of the game that mostly never works. keep all ur trix for urself and unleash them on the world then make new ones. thats how u do it

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i liked the format, im not sure if giving me a controller was more or less beneficial to the lesson. It at least kept me happy.

most of the stuff i knew, but i can tell i hadnt thought about spacing with the same amount of experience as you. when you were doing the dash dance + shield dash spacing until you knew the exact spacing for wd ftilt... that surprised me. not that it conceptually surprised me, but practically it surprised me.

all in all, i am looking forward to the next lesson just to hear you lecture on the game. I think i know the things i need to work on, but i'm not sure if those things would actually make a good lesson topic so i'll not put any feedback in that spot.

ORLY

Smash Master
Aw Kels don't pout. Keep trying! You'll get the hang of it.

grumbleyoursheikisntbadgrumble

Oro?!

Smash Hero
maybe but i have to think alot more when i'm sheik.
I'm sorry no one is good enough to make you think when you are a spacie. Maybe Sheik will be good for you then.
sheik is awesome until you start losing. so much fun watching ppl get demoralized by her grabs.

if only sheik had good priority........
What are you talking about Chun? lol

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Sveet, are you going to this on Weds? Cause I need a ride, and my place is on the way from your place to Rats.

... Or if anyone else can pick me up?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'm sorry no one is good enough to make you think when you are a spacie.
Actually there is. I wont just make him think I'll beat him. That goes for the rest of the Chicago kids as well. I'll be seeing you guys at SMYM'S. Good luck you'll need it.

Rat

Smash Lord
alcohol is not included included in the No drugs in or around my house rule.

ie you can bring some beers.

Top Bottom