• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Rat's 4/12/11

Rat

Smash Lord
The next one will be:
Tuesday 4/12/11
Starts @ 1
Goes till 9
I will blast you with a giant blue ball.

Vro

Smash Lord
i think i have shined every single shot you ever shot at me
or powershielded it.
/exaggeration

Rat

Smash Lord
Well I've never played Hugs so...I don't know how there styles and tricks would compare. But, I would like to see what he does against zelda. The match-up seems pretty hard for samus. I think it's a winnable. Samus is 'faster' than her. Has projectiles. The problem is zelda ***** samus. Zelda only needs like 3-4 first hits. Samus needs like 15. Also you can only touch her shield with Jab (Some risk) and Utilt (little risk). Grab does nothing. Also Zelda has combo kills. Dtilt->Utilt is like guaranteed death. Samus has no way to combo kill Zelda. You basically have to guess right when she recovers.

I'm going to vote for Cosmo.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Rat ever since you suggested that 3 stage strike i have been in love with the ruleset. I don't know why i never thought of it before, i've been against both FoD and FD being on the strike but for some reason never put the pieces together.

I think im gonna use it at the may SG

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yes and the CP stages are FD, FoD and PS. I am not sure how i feel about player bans. Rat originally suggested no bans.

john!

Smash Hero
Rat ever since you suggested that 3 stage strike i have been in love with the ruleset. I don't know why i never thought of it before, i've been against both FoD and FD being on the strike but for some reason never put the pieces together.

I think im gonna use it at the may SG
no more fod AND no more fd? what did i ever do to you?? :(

Rat

Smash Lord
Yeah I think banning is a remnant of the old rules. It was sort of a catch-all against stupid stages.

Going from 6->4 pickable stages seems bad. Especially with the DSR. I don't have particularly strong feelings about the rule either way. I just don't think that any of those 6 stages ruin match-ups. Like I can't think of any really really stupid match-ups on those stages. I guess marth vs FF on fd. It still seems winnable.

I do like that if I get my best stage you get yours.

ORLY

Smash Master
i think we should remove FoD from the stagelist

who likes that stage anyway

Rat

Smash Lord
Well I put up the first post in my blog. You can check it out at nickkooy.blogspot.com

It's just the introduction for now. The first part of Making Mystery should be up by tomorrow. Any feed back would be appreciated.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Well I've never played Hugs so...I don't know how there styles and tricks would compare. But, I would like to see what he does against zelda. The match-up seems pretty hard for samus. I think it's a winnable. Samus is 'faster' than her. Has projectiles. The problem is zelda ***** samus. Zelda only needs like 3-4 first hits. Samus needs like 15. Also you can only touch her shield with Jab (Some risk) and Utilt (little risk). Grab does nothing. Also Zelda has combo kills. Dtilt->Utilt is like guaranteed death. Samus has no way to combo kill Zelda. You basically have to guess right when she recovers.

I'm going to vote for Cosmo.
cosmo would get my vote as well, especially since he prob has little to no zelda experience. ****ing cosmo and that ****ing ***** zelda... too good :)

doesnt cosmo live in chicago... why doesnt he ever play with us?

Rat

Smash Lord
<3 FFA Items.

It's awesome that smash can be super competitive and pure wackiness.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I caught a glimpse of Sakurai's dream today and I must say, I quite enjoyed it.

"I want there to be utter mahem with wacky *** characters flying around the screen. I want fans, bumpers, land mines, baseball bats, and Snorlax all in one big cocktail. Almost brings a tear to my eye imagining a bunch of kids having the time of their lives playing my life's work of wackiness."

ORLY

Smash Master
Is this battle even due to happen soon? Or is this all theorycraft

Because cosmo would totally win that

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I am a weird person who likes to see the more prestigious/well-known person win, but I really see no way of cosmo losing, tbh.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
I caught a glimpse of Sakurai's dream today and I must say, I quite enjoyed it.

"I want there to be utter mahem with wacky *** characters flying around the screen. I want fans, bumpers, land mines, baseball bats, and Snorlax all in one big cocktail. Almost brings a tear to my eye imagining a bunch of kids having the time of their lives playing my life's work of wackiness."
It totally was the bomb. I say next SG, we have a side tourney... FFA, Items, Super Sudden Death.

Rat

Smash Lord
There won't be one this week. So sorry if wanted to be Missiled in the face.

Also the next post in my blog is up.

ORLY

Smash Master
i just couldn't let this thread slip away to the second page.

when will there be another? i missuh da smashuh

HugS™

Smash Lord
LOL name search just started working again, so I'm just barely seeing this.

And no disrespect to Cosmo, but why is this matchup being talked about? Like, what's the reason? Does Cosmo **** Samuses in his area or something?

ORLY

Smash Master
Lol nobody knows why it started; probably just idle curiousity

Hugs play me when I go to genesis

:phone:

Top Bottom