• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Rage?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
So I play this guy (not naming) on a consistent basis pretty much, and he always has something to complain about.....For example, he'll say "dude the only reason you can beat my sheik is because you use that broken falcon driver of captain falcon's" and "I'll say your sheik your supposed to **** me". Well he just explodes lol and he also does not like to lose and he johns on every SINGLE life of EVERY SINGLE SET. So is there a smash rage? does smash bring out the worst in people? Oh btw yesterday he told me to get out of his house because i said that his captain falcon wasn't as good as someone elses whose is clearly better. This other person with captain falcon i talked to and he said that this rage smasher never beat him in falcon dittos like he claimed lol.... So what is this? Smash Rage-uncontrollable rage that comes from losing over and over or is it to make himself feel better.

Also many people agree that the top tier is broken (stop, I am not here to argue this) and so does the other guy i play with on a consistent basis (so far we have me, other guy and rage guy). Well... rage guy said that all the top tier is broken except for shiek and that marth is harder to play than sheik if they are both on a high level.... and the other guy i play with mains sheik. The other guy (mains sheik) says shiek is really easy to play out of the top tiers and all you ahve to do is (ftilt, dthrow and fair) lol. Now rage guys says shiek is the only non broken char out of the top tier "because she doesn't have any high damaging or killing moves"

So is there a smash rage?

Discuss

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I think there is. I get pissed when I get read like a book for like 2w343243 matches.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
If they whin about losing let them win pick fox and run off the stage and sd as fast as you can. Tell him how his mindgames are ssoooooo broken and he needs to stop useing those mindgames. I think that will have an affect

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well he is dishonorable by raging and letting you win. Are you WWWAAAAAYYYYYYY better? If you go freakin pichu and **** him lol everyone always rages when fighting pichu but it's because they can't come up with a good reason i've heard pichu has better range than mario and puff, all yu have to do is upair fox, you f** you are chain throwing my diless falcon and etc. But if you are a fair amount better straight up go pichu you have NEVER head a john till you've heard a pichu john you can't help but laugh your *** off

xbombr

Smash Ace
Play other people if there's other people to play against. :\
Rage guy sounds significantly worse than you are anyway.

lol@someone complaining about the Sheik Falcon matchup from Sheik's side. Ftilting ***** all of his aerials and he's too easy to tech chase.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I get really disappointed in myself when I lose in tournament if I feel like I wasn't playing as well as I am capable of. I never flip out, though.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Play other people if there's other people to play against. :\
Rage guy sounds significantly worse than you are anyway.

lol@someone complaining about the Sheik Falcon matchup from Sheik's side. Ftilting ***** all of his aerials and he's too easy to tech chase.
lol exactly...

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Oh and there is no point in arguing with him at all...since he doesn't listen and when i say he is biased and that he wrong about his thoughts on sheik....at the end of his argument hes like "your not bringing up any points"... .I guess smash rage blinds you...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Dude go pichu if your much better you won't be able to stop laughing really It's the best reason to even play as pichu. Other that I can't think of anything than you could tell him that raging in smash is autolose most of the time

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
lol

i can't lie. this was pretty funny. though you should hope he doesn't see it, because he'll probably 'ask you to leave' next time you're there. lol

but yeah he's totally biased saying sheik isn't broken. i used to main fox then i mained sheik and i'm like, "wow this is so much easier", yet you can still do everything just as efficiently. i'm not saying she takes no skill. she does. just not as much as marth and not near as much as spacies/cf. because being able to auto combo from so many of your moves into your best killing move (fair) on nearly every character (especially the ones that matter) is pretty broken. you can do pretty much whatever you want and then just fair them.

conclusion on sheik - she doesn't take as much skill as the other top tier characters, but in order to play her at a high level you still have to have a lot of skill. see? i'm the most reasonable man in america.

also i love how he thinks marth is so easy to play. every time he's marth, all i have to do is just run towards him and wave dash back when i'm just in the range of his fsmash and then i just go grab him. and he just thinks marth is so easy to be it's absurd

PS:
well.... he is worse than me at the game, but its not that bad to where i could go pichu and beat him lol (no offense icg)
lol watch icg just go off on you lmao

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
inb4 tech skill debates, also don't play this guy he sounds like a ******.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
i can't lie. this was pretty funny. though you should hope he doesn't see it, because he'll probably 'ask you to leave' next time you're there. lol

but yeah he's totally biased saying sheik isn't broken. i used to main fox then i mained sheik and i'm like, "wow this is so much easier", yet you can still do everything just as efficiently. i'm not saying she takes no skill. she does. just not as much as marth and not near as much as spacies/cf. because being able to auto combo from so many of your moves into your best killing move (fair) on nearly every character (especially the ones that matter) is pretty broken. you can do pretty much whatever you want and then just fair them.

conclusion on sheik - she doesn't take as much skill as the other top tier characters, but in order to play her at a high level you still have to have a lot of skill. see? i'm the most reasonable man in america.

also i love how he thinks marth is so easy to play. every time he's marth, all i have to do is just run towards him and wave dash back when i'm just in the range of his fsmash and then i just go grab him. and he just thinks marth is so easy to be it's absurd

PS:

lol watch icg just go off on you lmao
This is the other guy i was talking about folks and this guy is actually reasonable and everything he just said is true..

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
inb4 tech skill debates, also don't play this guy he sounds like a ******.
Honestly he's not a bad guy . . . he's a great friend of ours. He just becomes a bit unreasonable when he's not faring well at Smash. I play him a lot and find myself sandbagging on principle so I don't rout him, incurring said Smash-Rage.

I play the top tier, Peach and CF pretty well, and I'd say that sheik is 2nd easiest to be competent with after Falco. Though they all feel like they're about equally difficult to master. I haven't per say "mastered" anyone, but from my vantage point I'd state that Fox is prolly the toughest to master, followed by Peach and CF. But as far as mastery, they're all relatively close.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
So what do others think about this Smash Rage? Is it just one person being this unreasonable or is it common to lose your mind and blow up and tell your friends to get out of the house when they don't agree with you?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i mean...your friend is straight up wrong.

I've seen rage when someone plays bad or loses a set that they shouldn't have lost, which is reasonable to an extent. But I mean your friend seems a bit unreasonable in that he wont accept defeat in argument and in play. If he really cared eh should figure out why shiek is broken against CF, which if i think i know who your friend is, he should know anyway.

MaxTheSlayer

Smash Cadet
''Now rage guys says shiek is the only non broken char out of the top tier "because she doesn't have any high damaging or killing moves"

Wait, what ?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Simply tell your friend that playing to learn, rather than playing to win eases alot of pressure, because you're focusing primary on exploiting your opponents mistakes while limiting yours. So instead of getting pissed off that you got knee'd or whatever. Take time to evaluate the reason why you got hit and then try to avoid it or bait it to a grab, something that makes your opponent regret doing it. Sometimes mistakes happen with techs. We're only human, so it's only natural that we come with flaws; especially with a fast paced game such as Melee. Don't sweat it; it happens to the best of us. If the emotional state on losing a stock seems overbearing then take the time when your character is coming on his invincible platform to take a small breather or two and then readjust your hands and go in with another plan. lol I've gone ape **** on so dumb crap so it's definitely something I can relate to, just try to work it out as best as you can and remember it's just a game and you're GOING to lose matches.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
some people are kindof rude here. But let's you could tell him that raging will cost you like 90% of all matchs getting mad only makes everything harder, also you could tell him think of what he is having problems with is it him getting grabbed to chain thrown a little? then you could get him some advice on how to avoid the grabs.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I never rage over smash. At times I am disappointed with my performance when I know I could've done much better, but I try not to show it.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Your friend is a noob. Realize you're better, he's terrible and has anger issues. He needs to learn to control himself. Have you shown him the boards so he can realize he's an absolute tool? E-mail him some youtube links to sheik **** matches. If you show him sheik's lameness tendencies (not a shot, she's my secondary ;p) perhaps he can face it. But I doubt it. Just go yeah, sure to everything he says. UMAD!

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Yeah you guys are right, but i've never met anyone as unreasonable as him...oh and when you tell him to chill out and just forget about the argument and tell him to agree to disagree...his attitude is pretty much just say i'm right and your wrong...lol

Zodiac

Smash Master
Often, the smashers that rage are the smashers that dont improve, tell him that and see what happens

Rappster

Smash Ace
cliche time:
be the bigger man.

if it makes you feel better, there's an inverse relationship between how much a someone talks when they smash and how often they win (in general).

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
he was wrong for throwing you out of his house cause hes bad at smash.

Dude trick him into letting you show him the matchup chart and point out that sheik-falcon is 100-0, thatll piss him off real good.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I laughed at "sheik doesn't any killing moves."
She doesn't kill that early if they have good DI. The angle her moves send you at make for great edgeguarding through.

And in the guy's defense, it is only that bad if the Sheik is good enough to shut a character like Falcon down. Sheer speed and unpredictable movement means it isn't that easy to do. However, once you have the character figures, she has to moves to make it fairly easy.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
For some reason. Whenever I do my hair up and spike it, I don't get angry/discouraged when I normally would in WiFi play.
But if I don't do my hair that day and keep it down, I get real angry at certain intervals of WiFi play.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
I rage the hardest when I lose in general!!! nah rage quiting is for ppl who can't deal with not winning even if they suck at how they win, u know?

keychain323

Smash Rookie
If they whin about losing let them win pick fox and run off the stage and sd as fast as you can. Tell him how his mindgames are ssoooooo broken and he needs to stop useing those mindgames. I think that will have an affect

this is too funny and it'll probaly get them more pissed

Top Bottom