• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Portugal National Tournament #2

Muro

Smash Lord
natP, de novo nao sabendo de experiencia propria, mas ja vi varias vezes isso discutido, e ao que parece a shiek (so para dar um exemplo) destroi completamente metade das personagens mais ou menos da mesma maneira que o d3, apesar de k as chaingrabs dela inda levam pratica lol, e a diferença entre low e high tiers e maior, eu n vou voltar a postar sobre este assunto isto nnc vai levar a lado nenhum e n tem nada a ver com o torneio. Brawl FTW :p

NatP

Smash Ace
Lol ok, mas isso é NTSC. Na nossa versão, a shiek não tem nem uma chaingrab. ;)

E brawl FTW indeed.

NatP

Smash Ace
I think we should decide the characters everyone does. If you, me and lemon are doing all of this then let's spilt the brawl cast in three parts. Considering there are 39 characters with textures, everyone should do 13 character textures, so it's balanced. And I pick: Mario, G&W, DK, Ganon, Ike, Bowser, all three of the pokemon trainer's pokemon, Ness, Snake, Jigglypuff and Olimar. What do you guys think?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I think we should decide the characters everyone does. If you, me and lemon are doing all of this then let's spilt the brawl cast in three parts. Considering there are 39 characters with textures, everyone should do 13 character textures, so it's balanced. And I pick: Mario, G&W, DK, Ganon, Ike, Bowser, all three of the pokemon trainer's pokemon, Ness, Snake, Jigglypuff and Olimar. What do you guys think?
NatP picks:
  • Mario
  • G&W
  • DK
  • Ganon
  • Ike
  • Bowser
  • Pokemon (3)
  • Ness
  • Snake
  • Jigglypuff
  • Olimar

I'll pick:
  • Falco
  • Fox
  • Wolf
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Wario
  • Kirby
  • Diddy Kong
  • Luigi
  • Zelda/Sheik (2)
  • Captain Falcon
  • Sonic

Which means that leaves Mr. Burned with:
  • Samus/ZSS (2)
  • Peach
  • Marth
  • Pikachu
  • Ice Climbers
  • R.O.B
  • Lucario
  • Toon Link
  • Pit
  • Lucas
  • Yoshi
  • Link

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Code:
Captain Falcon
00-Original
01-Blood Hawk
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pink

Dedede
00-Original
02-Green
03-White
04-Grayscale
05-Purple
06-Pink

Diddy Kong
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink
05-Yellow
06-Purple

Donkey Kong
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Falco
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Yellow

Fox
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Ganondorf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Grandpa Ganon
05-Brown

Ike
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Another Kind Of Green
05-Yellow

Kirby
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-White

Bowser
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pimp Gold
06-Brown

Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-White/Light Blue
06-Yellow

Lucario
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Light Blue
05-White

Lucas
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Claus
05-Pink/Purple

Luigi
00-Original
01-Red
02-UNUSED-Blue
03-Blue
04-Fire Luigi
05-Orange
06-Waluigi

Mario
00-Original
02-Green
03-Jumpman
04-Wario
05-Black
06-Fire Mario

Marth
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Meta-Knight
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Pink

Ness
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Bumble-Bee
05-Fuel
06-Mr.Saturn

Peach
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Daisy/Yellow

Pikachu
00-Original
01-Cap
02-Bandana
03-Googles

Olimar
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Dirty Helmet (Yellow and Black)

Pit
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Gold
05-Black

Pokemon Trainer
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Light

Ice Climbers
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-Light

Jigglypuff
00-Normal
01-Flower
02-Sleep Hat
03-Japan Hat
04-Trainer Cap

ROB
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink/Purple
05-Yellow
06-NES

Samus
00-Original
01-Pink
02-Green
03-Fusion/Blue
04-Gravity Suit/Purple
05-Dark Suit/Black

Zelda
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Ocarina of Time colors

Snake
00-Original
01-Red/Black
02-Green
03-Blue
04-"IDK WTF this is" camo
05-Wild Feline camo

Sonic
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Gold
05-Black

Toon Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Purple
05-NES Link
06-Dark

Wario
00-Original (WarioWare)
01-Red (WarioWare)
02-Green (WarioWare)
03-Blue (WarioWare)
04-Black & Red (WarioWare)
05-Orange & Blue (WarioWare)
06-Original (Overall)
07-Red (Overall)
08-Green (Overall)
09-Blue (Overall)
10-WarioLand 2 color (Overall)
11-WarioLand 3 color (Overall)

Wolf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Red & White

Yoshi
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-Pink
06-Light Blue
Here's the list without the names on the right.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Falta votar BigLord, Ansatsusha, o meu irmão e companhia, que vão todos votar Lisboa com certeza.

Além disso só tivemos um voluntário para procurar sítio no Porto, e ele disse que provavelmente não teria tempo para ajudar a organizar.

Step it up Norte =/

Agora o lugar mesmo depende do que consigo combinar com umas certas pessoas...

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
se fosse um lugar que desse para ligar as wii à internet seria altamente. (eu sei que voces não gostam/ que pode não haver tempo mas...) Isso iria dar a possibilidade de uma lan party de mariokartwii ou conduit ou call of dutywaw *please*.

Mas o mesmo sitio que da outra vez é excelente (comida acessivel, espaço, possibilidade de fazer barulho, ar condicionado, datashow...) e agora já sei como lá chegar.

Não tenho a certeza se poderei levar tv desta vez pois poderei não ir de carro. A wii é garantido que leve mais os jogos que tinha antes (e outras novas aquisições).

@natp, temos que combinar a ida para lá, quando te apanhar no msn falamos.

Kaze - the Dark Mare

Smash Rookie
about the mega drive tournament if it was in the same date, how many people would miss this tournament because of it? and im not talking about "maybes", only people that would confirm their attendence in case the date was changed. And im cool with saturday
hey, we're not talking about "maybes" here either ;) we will go, but the megadrive tournament is a culmination of years of work and last year was the first time we did an european tournament in england. and portugal won! this year we have been organizing everything to do it right here in portugal. so the 2nd european megadrive tournament will, in fact, be held right here in our country thanks to our efforts. with players traveling from other countries of europe. so it's not that we are deciding what is more important, it is just that to us is impossible to redefine the date =) which is the 4th=p

I thought the same thing... Are the people attending the Megadrive tourney worth keeping? How many are they anyway? The 4th of October is such a good time to host the tournament, I don't think it really matters if we lose 3 or 4 players (who probably aren't so good at the game) just because of this. I think we'll lose more players if we do it the 11th.
mate... i think you just became a little offensive with that remark, you know =s ? there is no need for that. that's not the way to gather ppl.

I don't really know how good i am. i've been to 3 ssbb tournaments. 1st one had only played the game once and got beat up pretty badly pretty quick. lol

however after some training i won both next tournaments. i don't have nor the game nor a wii, just played at a friend's house. and i'm sure i haven't played anyone from here too (with the exception of Ansatsusha (which was a great game btw)). so there, maybe you won't lose much in not having us.

but, and now i speak only for myself, I would love to go and play at this tournament! and I have done the best efforts possible to bring ppl from ptfighters into the brawl scene. so if still you think we are not "worth keeping", it's ok i guess. your call brother.

@Flayl: you have been awesome dude. despite any real results with ppl from ptfighters, you still haven't given up on us and you still go there and advertise about tourneys (the last one beeing a online only. if had a wii i would take part of it brother). And still are trying to conciliate everyone, and their schedules. excellent work;)

if in fact, you are losing more ppl by changing it to 11th or 10th, then never mind. we will try and attend to a next one you organize. but if you are not, and ppl can still go on a date that is compatible with my one, it would be great. in spite of the date, location is of no consequence to me. i would go be it oporto or lisbon.

cheers! =)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
hey, we're not talking about "maybes" here either ;) we will go, but the megadrive tournament is a culmination of years of work and last year was the first time we did an european tournament in england. and portugal won! this year we have been organizing everything to do it right here in portugal. so the 2nd european megadrive tournament will, in fact, be held right here in our country thanks to our efforts. with players traveling from other countries of europe. so it's not that we are deciding what is more important, it is just that to us is impossible to redefine the date =) which is the 4th=p

mate... i think you just became a little offensive with that remark, you know =s ? there is no need for that. that's not the way to gather ppl.

I don't really know how good i am. i've been to 3 ssbb tournaments. 1st one had only played the game once and got beat up pretty badly pretty quick. lol

however after some training i won both next tournaments. i don't have nor the game nor a wii, just played at a friend's house. and i'm sure i haven't played anyone from here too (with the exception of Ansatsusha (which was a great game btw)). so there, maybe you won't lose much in not having us.

but, and now i speak only for myself, I would love to go and play at this tournament! and I have done the best efforts possible to bring ppl from ptfighters into the brawl scene. so if still you think we are not "worth keeping", it's ok i guess. your call brother.

@Flayl: you have been awesome dude. despite any real results with ppl from ptfighters, you still haven't given up on us and you still go there and advertise about tourneys (the last one beeing a online only. if had a wii i would take part of it brother). And still are trying to conciliate everyone, and their schedules. excellent work;)

if in fact, you are losing more ppl by changing it to 11th or 10th, then never mind. we will try and attend to a next one you organize. but if you are not, and ppl can still go on a date that is compatible with my one, it would be great. in spite of the date, location is of no consequence to me. i would go be it oporto or lisbon.

cheers! =)
I'm sorry for the remark about "worth keeping". I'll admit it was a bit exaggerated.

The thing is, the 3rd/4th of October is such a good time to have a tournament at, may it be the megadrive tourney or the Brawl tourney. What I mean is that we COULD do it the 11th, but many people wouldn't be able to come, and I'm not talking about the local guys. I'm talking about the people who are willing to travel from one side of Portugal to the other just to participate in the event. Most of these people either still attend school, or have to work the next day. That's why I thought it was better to still do it the 3rd/4th, because at least people won't be stressed with going/coming back. A hard schedule can ruin our tourney, and we don't really want that.

What I recommend to you guys who are going to the megadrive tourney is to come to our next tourney. It will be in winter (during holidays), and we'll probably have way more time to organize one and have people from all over the country.

But... wait and see, Kaze. Don't give up your hopes about this one, because actually something cool might come up. ;)

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
Ok, não querendo dizer que o brawl é pior ou algo do género mas o melee também tem estratégias (mais estratégias do que o brawl) e matchups são igualmente importantes no melee. Única diferença é que o melee tem menos personagens.
Eu agora tenho andado a jogar Melee com o pessoal de cá mas levo grandes coças, não me consigo orientar. Numa coisa eu concordo: os matches de Melee são muito mais interessantes. São mais rápidos, mais vivos e um erro custa muito mais. As recuperações são mais difíceis porque os chars caem, não flutuam. Mas o Melee, na minha opinião, perde muitos pontos na jogabilidade. O Brawl é muito mais fluído. Algo tão simples como estar a correr e fazer um smash não é possivel no Melee. O tempo de espera entre um skill que acabaste fazer até puderes fazer outro é elevado, não consigo encadear skills do Pika como faço no Brawl, é suicídio.

O meu ego fica ferido quando jogo Melee, chego a levar 5-0 de um capitain falcon... :(

Kaze - the Dark Mare

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry for the remark about "worth keeping". I'll admit it was a bit exaggerated.
don't think about it anymore brother. i won't =)

The thing is, the 3rd/4th of October is such a good time to have a tournament at, may it be the megadrive tourney or the Brawl tourney. What I mean is that we COULD do it the 11th, but many people wouldn't be able to come, and I'm not talking about the local guys. I'm talking about the people who are willing to travel from one side of Portugal to the other just to participate in the event. Most of these people either still attend school, or have to work the next day. That's why I thought it was better to still do it the 3rd/4th, because at least people won't be stressed with going/coming back. A hard schedule can ruin our tourney, and we don't really want that.
we agree on that one. i've been to tournaments in several places where i had to travel quite a lot. like oporto, coimbra, (even lisbon is kind of far for me=p - i am currently living in ericeira)(not to mention going to Nottingham for last year megadrive european) so i know those stresses very well. so i keep what i said: do whatever is better for he majority;)

What I recommend to you guys who are going to the megadrive tourney is to come to our next tourney. It will be in winter (during holidays), and we'll probably have way more time to organize one and have people from all over the country.
so there is already a new tournament planned for the winter? great news! i will most certainly attend to that one in spite of going to this one or not. for there are no plans what so ever for me during the winter. (well, except going to Edinburgh, but i'm sure it won't be a problem =p )

But... wait and see, Kaze. Don't give up your hopes about this one, because actually something cool might come up. ;)
hoho? now i'm curious! lol i'll be watching the final decision closely then =)

Muro

Smash Lord
super late answer xD. yeah sucks they are culminating hope some kind of arrangement can be done about it. you guys should participate more here so we can get to ear arguments from both sides and make better decisions, flayl pretty much has been the only to voice ur interests.

NatP

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think pretty much anyone that wants to participate in the portuguese smash scene HAS to be active here.

Kaze - the Dark Mare

Smash Rookie
I partly agree with that. it's just that i tried to configure things here so that i would receive a mail every time a post was made in this topic. unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work=p

i just say partly because i would like to see this game recognized by the majority of the ppl back in ptfighter's forum, and that being so, discussions could be made there since it is also a place for the portuguese community for all fighting games.

but i suppose one should come here for specifics. much like it happens with the shoryuken, 8wayrun or tekkenzaibatsu forums. most of us are part of the specific forum that helds our particular interest (my case being tekkenzaibatsu and now here) and in the ptfighters because it provides contact with more gamers from portugal. hehe one can have both things=p

Flayl

Smash Hero
Devido ao maior nº de votos para Lisboa e a falta de voluntários para ajudar a organizar o torneio no Norte, o torneio será em Lisboa. O lugar e a data ainda estão por determinar, mas preciso de saber quem é que não pode ir a Lisboa em qualquer dos casos e que jogos é que gostariam de lá ver.

Muro

Smash Lord
I partly agree with that. it's just that i tried to configure things here so that i would receive a mail every time a post was made in this topic. unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work=p

i just say partly because i would like to see this game recognized by the majority of the ppl back in ptfighter's forum, and that being so, discussions could be made there since it is also a place for the portuguese community for all fighting games.

but i suppose one should come here for specifics. much like it happens with the shoryuken, 8wayrun or tekkenzaibatsu forums. most of us are part of the specific forum that helds our particular interest (my case being tekkenzaibatsu and now here) and in the ptfighters because it provides contact with more gamers from portugal. hehe one can have both things=p
yes i agree there should be a place to gather portuguese people, actually i had said something like that in our social group and even mentioned ptfighters.

@ flayl: eu quero ver la o smash 64, e se fosse possivel o metroid trilogy, o 2º metroid tem multiplayer split screen ne? com os controlos do corruption deve tar 1 sarda

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
O tempo de espera entre um skill que acabaste fazer até puderes fazer outro é elevado, não consigo encadear skills do Pika como faço no Brawl, é suicídio.

O meu ego fica ferido quando jogo Melee, chego a levar 5-0 de um capitain falcon...
L-Cancel :p

Faptain Calfon é o jogador mais macho do smash, n leves a mal. :D

NatP

Smash Ace
Eu vou sem dúvida ao torneio e de jogos, eu fico contente só com jogos smash. Brawl, melee e smash 64 também seria bom.

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
L-Cancel :p

Faptain Calfon é o jogador mais macho do smash, n leves a mal. :D
Não grande expert de melee mas o L-cancel não funciona só com aerials e assim? Pensava que com skills (B Button) não funcionava...

Quanto a jogos para o torneio contento-me com Super Smash (Brawl, Brawl+, Melee, whatever), é para isso que lá vou..

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Não grande expert de melee mas o L-cancel não funciona só com aerials e assim? Pensava que com skills (B Button) não funcionava...
Pois, é isso. N sabia q te tavas a referir ao B dcp, qd disseste skills pnsava q te referias a qqr ataque e n aos ataques especiais em particular

Em relaçao aos jogos, os unicos q me interessam no torneio sao o brawl e o melee (foi so msm pa isso q comprei a wii :p)

NatP

Smash Ace
Fogo pá, eu quero mesmo o metroid prime trilogy... Alguém sabe quando isso sai aqui?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
We have some amazing news for you guys!

Myke Greywolf said:
Hi!

Even though Anipop officials told me Flayl would get in touch with me a few days ago, I didn't actually get any message from him until yesterday evening, a few minutes before I started this thread, and I only read that one message today. I would be glad to set SSBB apart from my tournament plans and leave the organization and details for that particular game to your crew, with total cooperation from me regarding Anipop-assigned resources such as equipment and volunteers. I will answer Flayl's email today.

SSBB's inclusion was in the cards from the beginning, even before I knew about your iniciative, since SSB has always been a staple of Anipop-organized tournaments.
Our tourney will be held at the gaming event called Anipop which means we'll have:
  • a LOT more players participating (including the megadrive goers ; bigger pot, pools)
  • a greater quantity of equipment (our TV's + their TV's and maybe a giant screen for the finals)
  • lots of other games/side-events (more fun)

Location, equipment, etc. to be posted!

NatP

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's awesome. A giant screen for the grand finals.... Now that seems amazing to watch. Especially considering how tense the other grand finals were. Watching them in a huge screen will just make them even more entertaining. Very good work, funk and flayl.

Top Bottom