• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Portugal National Tournament #2

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I think most people prefer the 4th anyway, except for the megadrive players (who are seriously not enough to be taken seriously imho).

I mean... 4th is PERFECT cause it's before a holiday so people can calmly come back home at night or the next day.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Every1 agrees to the date, except those megadriver players, right? So, they attend their tournament, we attend ours.
Dontchu think this way?

NatP

Smash Ace
If someone thinks a megadrive tourney is better than a national BRAWL tourney, they can just join it IMO.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Uh, the guys who want to go to the megadrive tournament make up half of the votes for Porto.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
But, if the torney is gonna b at the same day as the mega drive tournament, and half the votes for porto r the megadrive players who cant come, then it should b in Lisbon, right?
Cuz if it is... God does exist. Y? cuz he answered my prayers! XD

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
It can be saturday and i tell you if i can go the day before. I think i'm the only one who probably can't go on a saturday. I wont bring any tv so you wont need to be waiting for my confirmation.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
You know what?

As Flayl said everywhere, the fact that we will have less than 25 players in this tournament is unavoidable. However, remember we planned other occasions throughout the whole year, and that the next one will be in winter (which will be a LOT easier for most people, considering the large holidays at that period). We might not have 25 this fall, but I'm sure we'll have our 32 places filled for winter.

That's why I believe we should do it as we originally planned it, on the 4th of October. I'm sure the Megadrive guys will understand the difficulty of doing it the next week, and I think they'll be more than happy to join us in winter.

I prefer a lesser, more laid-back tournament, than a bigger, more stressful tournament (timing).

If you agree with me, now we have to consider all scenarios, which means for example knowing where we'll be if it's in Porto.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
So, u mean that, even if those megadrivers (to b shorter) dont come, the torney will still b in Porto?

NaZe

Smash Rookie
If you make the tournament the most "south" possible in Portugal, some spanish players (Evle, Joseph and me, NaZe), could go easier to there. Please, be quick with the dates and fees for the tournies.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
So, u mean that, even if those megadrivers (to b shorter) dont come, the torney will still b in Porto?
No... I meant that we already know of a place to host the tournament if it's in Lisbon. However, it could happen to be in Porto, so we must think in advance of a possible place to have the tournament.

EDIT: two spanish players voted for Lisbon, and would like it if it was the 3rd

Phanzar

Smash Rookie
Anyone want make team with me to the doubles tournament? i want to enter but i don't have partner...

ps. Sou o some1 que está na lista de inscritos

Flayl

Smash Hero
Os votos estão empatados, honestamente quando os votos começaram estava à espera de muitos mais participantes do Porto. Conheço 2 jogadores que irão votar Lisboa mas ainda não voltaram das férias. Ao que parece o segundo torneio será em Lisboa, mas ainda pode haver uma viravolta antes do dia 9.

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
o biglord também deve estar interessado em ir e aposto que votará por lisboa... basicamente o porto está mesmo fora de questão :(
vou então tentar convencer o maverickz a fazer todos os possíveis para ir.

estes dois são duas boas opções para fazer equipa com o some1...

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Nice to see you guys starting up a scene in Portugal. Maybe you can start coming to big European tourneys soon (whenever the next one is)?

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Hey, wat bout doin a crew battle agaisnt the spanish?
King funk himself suggested it. Watchu guys think?

NatP

Smash Ace
I don't know if a crew battle vs the spanish would be such a good idea just yet. I mean, our smash scene just started!

And about the doll war.... I really would love to go there. But it's just too far away. @.@

Flayl

Smash Hero
A crew battle needs at least 5 people lol. I doubt 5 portuguese smashers are going to the tournament.

Honestly I'd prefer my debut in an internationl tournament to be in Spain, France or maybe even England.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
A crew battle needs at least 5 people lol. I doubt 5 portuguese smashers are going to the tournament.

Honestly I'd prefer my debut in an internationl tournament to be in Spain, France or maybe even England.
Hm, then lets just stick with the north vs south. If there's enough players
LOL Golden Ike, you were talking about this tournament but he thought you were referring to Dolls War. xDDD

I'm sure if there are at least 5 spanish players in our tournament we can have a crew battle against them. ^^

NatP

Smash Ace
I still think we should go north vs south... I know that me, muro and ngfc are certain candidates for north. if we can get two or three more, we have enough for a crew war. A crew battle vs the spanish wouldn't be such a good idea just yet.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I still think we should go north vs south... I know that me, muro and ngfc are certain candidates for north. if we can get two or three more, we have enough for a crew war. A crew battle vs the spanish wouldn't be such a good idea just yet.
NGFC for North? I'm not that sure. The problem is the guy lives everywhere, so it's hard to determine that. But let's leave him the choice: on which side do you want to be in, NGFC, North or South?

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
center ahah
we could have crew battle between center, north and south

...now seriously i'll be the team that ends with less people (this case being the north). If the teams fill without me then better cause i don't like to have people depending on me.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
center ahah

...now seriously i'll be the team that ends with less people (this case being the north). If the teams fill without me then better cause i don't like to have people depending on me.
Center IS South... Almost all members of the "south" crew are from lisbon.

But yeah, your solution seems alright.

Muro

Smash Lord
center ahah

but where are u from really? cuz seia could also be considered center, but its center/north so im going north.

22 pessoas indecisas...
yah sucka :/ (lol eu tb sou indeciso mas e quase como se fosse confirmado)

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
but where are u from really? cuz seia could also be considered center, but its center/north so im going north.
Naturalidade: Leiria (centro)
Localidade de Residência (pelo menos dos últimos 5 anos): Aveiro (centro/norte)

Eu sinceramente não tenho nenhuma "ligação especial" pelo norte nem pelo sul por isso preferia pertencer a uma "crew" do centro... mas whatever, faço o que já disse.

Top Bottom