• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Portugal National Tournament #2

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm sorry Funk, but yoshi's island is a great stage and it deserves to be neutral.

Also, I'm not underestimating wario, I know he's a really good character, but DK has probably the best range in the game, whereas wario has terrible range. It just comes down to who's the best player really. And I use g&w vs wario anyways. :p
When I said 5, I included Yoshi's Island.

But if we only want 3 stages, out of FD, BF, SV and YI, YI is the least neutral.

NatP

Smash Ace
Wario does have the advantage in the DK matchup, no doubt. But a good DK ain't no joke (not saying I'm a good DK or anything), it's an even matchup. If DK gets a grab at like 70%, and has a charged punch, at the edge of any stage, Wario will die. DK is like the only character that can kill him that early. And btw, I prefer to use DK vs Wario than g&w vs snake ANY DAY.

And, YI the least neutral of those stages? Let me guess, because of the cloud? That's a pretty dumb reason, IMO.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Wario does have the advantage in the DK matchup, no doubt. But a good DK ain't no joke (not saying I'm a good DK or anything), it's an even matchup. If DK gets a grab at like 70%, and has a charged punch, at the edge of any stage, Wario will die. DK is like the only character that can kill him that early. And btw, I prefer to use DK vs Wario than g&w vs snake ANY DAY.

And, YI the least neutral of those stages? Let me guess, because of the cloud? That's a pretty dumb reason, IMO.
The cloud, the flying objects (which can block things such as projectiles) and the bending platform, but still neutral in my opinion. But less so because of those aspects. If I have to choose 3 neutral stages I would exclude Yoshi's.

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
I don't really think it's relevant that one player bans 2 stages and other just one. If you do think it's relevant I kinda agree with Funk. I think that Yoshi's Island is closer to being non-neutral than Lylat (or any other stage) is to being neutral :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I don't really think it's relevant that one player bans 2 stages and other just one. If you do think it's relevant I kinda agree with Funk. I think that Yoshi's Island is closer to being non-neutral than Lylat (or any other stage) is to being neutral :p
Ranking of neutrality:
1. Final Destination (nothing ; flat)
2. Battlefield (3 platforms ; flat)
3. Smashville (moving platform ; flat)
4. Yoshi's Island (clouds ; flying objects ; bending platform ; side walls)
5. Lylat Cruise (battlefield style but bending stage ; bad ledges ; background)

Blue_Lightning

Smash Cadet
I agree to LC being made a neutral stage. Only 3 neutral stages limits the options too much, and if YI is a neutral, I don't see why LC shouldn't be. I may be a bit biased since LC is my favorite stage, but this is my opinion on the matter.

Muro

Smash Lord
Ranking of neutrality:
1. Final Destination (nothing ; flat)
2. Battlefield (3 platforms ; flat)
3. Smashville (moving platform ; flat)
4. Yoshi's Island (clouds ; flying objects ; bending platform ; side walls)
5. Lylat Cruise (battlefield style but bending stage ; bad ledges ; background)
FD has weird ledges. the only worse being lylat on that(talking about neutrals here). yeah i think 3 stages is too little. also on #5, background? what about it?

@ spikebolt: ahah if u could FD would be the only legal xD

NatP

Smash Ace
Background is a terrible, TERRIBLE reason for a stage to be banned or made into counterpick. Some people have said that one the phases of the BF background (evening time I think) said it was " almost impossible to brawl during it". And the only background I can, somewhat, accept is jungle japes with g&w, but it's a cp stage anyway, so who cares.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Background is a terrible, TERRIBLE reason for a stage to be banned or made into counterpick. Some people have said that one the phases of the BF background (evening time I think) said it was " almost impossible to brawl during it". And the only background I can, somewhat, accept is jungle japes with g&w, but it's a cp stage anyway, so who cares.
I have no problem with five stages. And background was a joke. ^^

Kaze - the Dark Mare

Smash Rookie
(13) Votes for Porto/North: Flayl, MaverickZ, NatP, Brandao_21, NGFC, xerife_das_internets, Bruno, Tabibito-san, AEther, Neo-Tokyo, Kaze, Cmind18, Pwner

Pros:
- Lots of smashers from the north couldn't come to the first tournament, now the second would be nearer

---------------------------

(9) Votes for Lisbon/Central: King Funk, LuigiPT, Mr. Burned, Muro, Spikebolt, some1, Blue Lightning, alvarinho, Evle

Pros:
- We already know of a good place to host the tournament
- Lisbon is closer to the South than Porto, easier for southern smashers to come play.

---------------------------

List of possible side tournaments:

Melee 1v1
Tatsunoko VS Capcom
Brawl+

We chose this date because it's on a sunday right before a holiday, so people can go to Porto and back with ease.
hey. so, have you already set the date and place? not much is being said lately about it...
and we would like to meet some more ppl who play brawl for once ;)

(as long it is not on the 4th)

btw, there are no active players of ssbb from the ptfighters living in the north =p sorry about that. In Porto only Neo Tokyo plays it, but i think he doesn't even have the game!

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Boa, já temos outro! Mas n gostei da ideia d ser no porto. Duvido k consiga ir ao porto, memo k seja para o torneio.
Por isso eu inscrevo-me com certeza se for em lisboa, mas se for no porto, sou n cofirmado.

So, my vote goes to Lisbon, cuz I cant go to porto.
Im in if it is in Lisbon and Im uncomfirmed if it is in Porto.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I just noticed that the first post says that there might be a doubles tourney, and last time, I couldn't team with anybody because no one could team with me D:. So this time, I'm asking before the tourney. Who wants to be my partner for this? I have no preference over anyone or any character.
Já tens parceiro? Se n, eu posso ser.

Muro

Smash Lord
Pode ser. O problema é se não vens ao torneio se for no porto :/
se o torneio for no porto o spikebolt nao vai e nesse caso posso fazer eu equipa, isto e se o golden ike nao for mesmo ao porto se ele for faço equipa com outro :)

NatP

Smash Ace
Então... Vamos mudar alguma regra da rule list geral? Como estamos no nosso próprio, podemos mudar o que quisermos. :p

Flayl

Smash Hero
Então... Vamos mudar alguma regra da rule list geral? Como estamos no nosso próprio, podemos mudar o que quisermos. :p
Ao que parece Lylat Cruise vai ser adicionado à lista de níveis iniciais.

NatP

Smash Ace
Ah, muito bem. Devíamos adicionar apenas para este para experimentarmos. Se depois do torneio toda a gente concordar, devemos ficar com o lc como neutral.

Muro

Smash Lord
axo que ate e mais facil de explicar, no outro ng sabia como era, xegavamos a 1ª partida: "humm pois agora n sei bem como e k e, smashville?", "ok" era mais ou menos assim k se passava xD

NatP

Smash Ace
Lol, em todos os combates eu dizia: Qual é o stage que queres banir? Eles diziam quase sempre yoshi's island ou battlefield. Eu bania sempre FD e dizia: Queres ir para smashville? E eles diziam ok. Foi assim para quase todos os sets. :p

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
era a única técnica que já sabia usar com o yoshi :-( pronto tá bem, eu consigo fazer 4 ou 5 vezes e depois engano-me e morro, but still... (mais vale é nem usar o yoshi, já ando a perder demasiado tempo com ele e com poucos resultados)

fazer isso menos de 5 vezes é considerado planking? ou só é considerado quando temos vantagem de dano/vidas?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Estás a falar de ficar na ledge e atirar ovos? Isso é diferente, o Yoshi não ganha invincibility frames com os ovos.

De qualquer maneira a regra que "usamos" agora é: Se o tempo acabar, se alguém tiver 50 ou mais ledge grabs nas estatísticas é desqualificado.

Phanzar

Smash Rookie
É desqualificado ou perde o combate? Porque ser desqualificado supostamente implica não poder fazer mais combates se fosse esse o caso.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
O.K. guys... Now we have to make an important decision.

We have to put a deadline on the Porto/Lisbon poll, so that we can finally determine where it will be, and think further on other things, such as material, location, scheduling, etc.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Well, the dead line should b when there is more votes for lisbon ^^
Ah, just kidding, but I rly am screwed if it is in porto T_T

Muro

Smash Lord
has everyone atending the last tournament voted? lol theres more people in north than center and south combined? bah i just hope everyone that voted atleast attends. well just put a deadline already :p. and then theres the date which is undecided too :S

Flayl

Smash Hero
Deadline is 9th of September, there's also the possible problem that only 1 smasher from Porto stepped up to help us find a place. If he can't we're going to have it in Lisbon anyway.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I have another question to ask to you guys. It's about a possible scenario:

We decide on the 11th, because of the megadrive tourney. Which means we don't have a holiday after sunday. Don't you think it would make more sense doing it saturday (the 10th) instead of sunday?

For some people, it's really hard to play the tournament at the other side of the country and come back on the same sunday, especially if they have work/school the next day.

If we played it saturday, people wouldn't have trouble with time and would come back either at night or the next day in the morning.

Muro

Smash Lord
I have another question to ask to you guys. It's about a possible scenario:

We decide on the 11th, because of the megadrive tourney. Which means we don't have a holiday after sunday. Don't you think it would make more sense doing it saturday (the 10th) instead of sunday?

For some people, it's really hard to play the tournament at the other side of the country and come back on the same sunday, especially if they have work/school the next day.

If we played it saturday, people wouldn't have trouble with time and would come back either at night or the next day in the morning.
about the mega drive tournament if it was in the same date, how many people would miss this tournament because of it? and im not talking about "maybes", only people that would confirm their attendence in case the date was changed. And im cool with saturday

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
about the mega drive tournament if it was in the same date, how many people would miss this tournament because of it? and im not talking about "maybes", only people that would confirm their attendence in case the date was changed. And im cool with saturday
I thought the same thing... Are the people attending the Megadrive tourney worth keeping? How many are they anyway? The 4th of October is such a good time to host the tournament, I don't think it really matters if we lose 3 or 4 players (who probably aren't so good at the game) just because of this. I think we'll lose more players if we do it the 11th.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Well, to me, it would b better if it was saturday. Maybe we could vote for the date too, just like the place.

Top Bottom