• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on the Rocks - Date under Plans (Rocky Mount, NC)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Actually it's up to the TO, so it's fair game for discussion on the whole.

Not even a bad discussion.

If I ran a tourney I'd ban it, but totally ethically I'd leave it be.

LOL @ the arguments involving me. XDDDD Funny people

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, if you want to discuss it, I don't care, but Adam wants it to remain banned, so it will be that way.

Cope.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wow pp way to make ocean feel terrible...god I would just kill myself if I ever said anything mean to ocean at 4 in the morning

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
loooooool, Alex. I love you.

*elevated AND hydrated*

either way, the only two ICs in NC that anyone has to worry about are me and GofG. Wobbling is whatev to me and I'm sure 90% of you in NC smash don't know how to DI out of IC's Grab shenanigans sooooo it's not like the wobbling is really that big of a deal. Most of you would die from an IC grab either way.

Let wobbling be whatever is currently is. It's not like we can convince the TO to change the ruleset from whatever his heart's desire was when he originally decided on what it should be.

*shrugs*

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm glad gofg told me how to the first time we played.

it was the first time i felt like i had learned something quickly and applied it effectively.

ah, smash di + buffer roll.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
i'm glad gofg told me how to the first time we played.

it was the first time i felt like i had learned something quickly and applied it effectively.

ah, smash di + buffer roll.
Okay, maybe I was wrong. lol

And Moo. the only day that I am off is tomorrow. I may or may not be hanging with my friend that jsut got back from GErmany. I'll let you know if I wanna play tomorrow. I may text you, unless you've changed your number.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Nah I have the same number but it is a new phone so I don't have you saved anymore. Just lemme know it's you I'm free tomorrow!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Wobbling shoudln't be banned imo... most ICs don't even do it.

Not to mention Wobbles didn't invent Wobbling, it got it's name when he mainstreamed it in the middle of '06

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
lmao I don't even care about wobbling, I'm suppose to have a bomb out at all times near ICs so it can get me out and away from them and I know how to SDI out of the grabs.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I wish Kevin didn't post so often so that I could quote him but it was something like this:

"'Don't get grabbed' is a ridiculous statement/strategy. Obviously, you try not to get grabbed always but grabbing at high level is an EASY mix up."

And not getting grabbed by the IC's? The only character with two shields and therefore the only character that can light and hard shield at the same time? And angle their shields?

One wavedash back before an aerial? Grab. One touch from a desynched Blizzard? Grab. One dash attack vs Spacies? Grab.

And to quote Cactuar, Wobbling is the only technique in the game which robs your opponent of ANY control or options. No amount of buffering, DI or struggling will get you out if they do it correctly. That is ********.

EDIT: And by the way, before you say I just don't know the match up, I played like 5 games with Wobbles with Fox and he 1 stocked me all 5 games. Afterwards, I asked him how he thought I was at the match up and he complimented me in saying that "I obviously knew it well and did the right things, and that a lot of good Fox's don't know it." Yes, he could have been trying harder, but nonetheless, he acknowledged that I knew the match up. Also, that guy is so kind and an all around good person. <3 Wobbles

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like dat post.

Wobbles hates fighting Fox and I think I would do about as well vs him with Fox as Falco because of it and the matchup being sooo much easier for Fox.

Freaking Fox is so good.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
BUT IT DOESN'T BREAK THE GAME.

SO ALL YOU'RE DOING IS WHINING.

THIS GAME IS GAY.

IF U WANT TO WIN, YOU HAVE TO BE GAY.

MY HEART ACHES AT WOBBLING, BUT MY BRAIN SAYS THERE'S NO REASON FOR IT TO BE BANNED.

MY BRAIN IS A GOOD GUY WITH DECENT CREDENTIALS AND A SON. SURE JEANANNE WALKED OUT ON US BECAUSE I POP MY TOES INCESSANTLY WHEN WE'RE IN BED, BUT I CAN'T ****ING HELP IT. WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU DO SOMETHING THAT YOU'RE MORE THAN ABLE TO DO AT ZERO PERSONAL COST AND ∞ SATISFACTION.

IC's for TOP tier.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Totally ethically speaking I'd leave it unbanned but if you asked what I thought for a given tournament, including one I'd run, then I'd ban it.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Totally ethically speaking I'd leave it unbanned but if you asked what I thought for a given tournament, including one I'd run, then I'd ban it.
My phone for some reason as no bars so I can't text you. That's why I was replying so late. Oh and wobbling

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I don't think that anyone could say that Josh doesn't know the matchup seeing as you probably have more IC practice than anyone in the state against me. Then again I don't really chaingrab or wobble so *shrugs*.

Either way, getting grabbed by IC, yeah that'll happen. Getting grabbed by IC that has the opportunity to wobble is gonna happen less often, given how often Nana's positioning is often not conducive to it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dthrow tech chases with ICs amazing WD or even regrabbing and pummeling due to the fact that the opponent hasn't registered the fact he's grabbed yet means ICs can make it work from a single grab.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I know, I know. **** happens. Whatever.

IC is a bad character anyway. lol

I once heard you describe IC's as "A low tier character with a high tier gimmick." I think this is actually really accurate.

Also, if you haven't read, Wobbles' blog about Smash/Life I HIGHLY recommend it. I've been reading it at work all day and I'm pretty sure he has the same mental processes that cause extreme frustration/anger that I do.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I ****ING SAID THANK YOU SO MUCH DOCTOR

@madsyde: probably

lol dude for some reason ur avatar is ****in ****

****'s like a dragon rapidash

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol @ melee players..."ban it its gay"

thank god y'all dont run the brawl scene...no ic grabs, no mk, no "gay stages" (frigate flips? wtf thats gay as ****, ban it).

ahhh livin the sweet life over here. some of u guys should try it sometime, you'd love it.

lord karn

Smash Master
BUT IT DOESN'T BREAK THE GAME.

SO ALL YOU'RE DOING IS WHINING.

THIS GAME IS GAY.

IF U WANT TO WIN, YOU HAVE TO BE GAY.

MY HEART ACHES AT WOBBLING, BUT MY BRAIN SAYS THERE'S NO REASON FOR IT TO BE BANNED.

MY BRAIN IS A GOOD GUY WITH DECENT CREDENTIALS AND A SON. SURE JEANANNE WALKED OUT ON US BECAUSE I POP MY TOES INCESSANTLY WHEN WE'RE IN BED, BUT I CAN'T ****ING HELP IT. WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU DO SOMETHING THAT YOU'RE MORE THAN ABLE TO DO AT ZERO PERSONAL COST AND ∞ SATISFACTION.

IC's for TOP tier.

hahahahahhahahahaahaha

btw, there is this guy in my playwriting class that has like the exact same sense of humor as you. it's uncanny as hell

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Yeahhhh, that post made me laugh as well.

Cam definitely makes me laugh harder than anybody else lately. So much so that I have a face I make dedicated specifically to his humor. D; is about as close an emoticon as I can think of to describe it.

Top Bottom