• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on the Lake I!! Sunday Sept 28th, Mentor-on-the-lake, Ohio

nojoes

Smash Ace
I have good news and depending on who you are I may have bad news, the conditional bad news first:

The first Smash on the Lake Tournament will be held on Sunday the 28th of September , I apologize to anyone who cannot make the accommodations to attend and have to miss it but there's nothing i can do.

Now the good news:

We have secured the venue for Saturday the 18th of October and I plan on advertising that for a large turnout. Hopefully we'll be able to get some OoS smashers and i am going to go start a separate thread for that right now.

If you have any questions, want my contact information or have comments feel free to PM me. Thanks guys and hope to see you on the 28th!

P.S. I'm going to try to restart the attendance if you can just post saying "I plan on coming" or "I'm coming for sure" that'd be cool.

EDIT: Impp i have decided absolutely nothing about melee due to very little feedback and no contact from cbus guys or anyone of the sort, if people want it for the October tournament I'd be willing to run it, otherwise as of now there will be no melee at either of the tournaments.

nojoes

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193485

there's the thread I just started up for Smash on the Lake II, I coincidentally have a big AP Bio test on monday as well, so i find that humorous, study saturday and come sunday, we'll have plenty of set ups and it'll be ran well so it'll be over in no time =D (because my *** needs to study too)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
curse it all. I have a big AP Bio Test on Monday so i probably cant make it. *Sad face. However, I want to hear more about this thing in october.

That test is next week. It doesnt conflict dude...

even if it did, I'm not out yet... i might be able to go.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
curse it all. I have a big AP Bio Test on Monday so i probably cant make it. *Sad face. However, I want to hear more about this thing in october.

That test is next week. It doesnt conflict dude...

even if it did, I'm not out yet... i might be able to go.
o yeah. i probably wont be able to make it though just because of the nature of sunday

nojoes

Smash Ace
This one due to being on Sunday will not have melee in addition because I want to give people plenty of time to get home with time still in the day, we have so many set-ups that i really want to aim on getting the tournament done by 4:00 or 5:00. Voice your interest in melee on the October 18th thread and it'll be there for sure.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is going to be my last weekend in the Midwest before I move to Phoenix. Let me see if I can take the day to come out to this. I'll try to make it work. If so, I'll probably bring a car full of Indiana noobs with me.

nojoes

Smash Ace
This is going to be my last weekend in the Midwest before I move to Phoenix. Let me see if I can take the day to come out to this. I'll try to make it work. If so, I'll probably bring a car full of Indiana noobs with me.
Good ****, we'd love to have you over pat =D

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to make this tourney, and If i can i'll be bringing atleast 1 person.. this would be my first tournament also.

^^ rag on the tourney noob

nojoes

Smash Ace
Hah, well we got a few from all is brawl coming and i'm expecting a decent turnout so i'd encourage you to come, it's a great venue and we'd love to have you.

King~

Smash Champion
Bump for being a week away

since im bringin a Wii do you want me to be there before doubles? cause i didnt plan on being in doubles

and 1$ MM anyone v.s my:

Falco
Diddy
Kirby
Pika
Yoshi

nojoes

Smash Ace
Bump for being a week away

since im bringin a Wii do you want me to be there before doubles? cause i didnt plan on being in doubles

and 1$ MM anyone v.s my:

Falco
Diddy
Kirby
Pika
Yoshi
that would be much appreciated, there'll be wii's for friendlies so you dont have to just sit around, and i'll $1 mm all 5, does the match up matter? =D

King~

Smash Champion
that would be much appreciated, there'll be wii's for friendlies so you dont have to just sit around, and i'll $1 mm all 5, does the match up matter? =D
Alright ill try to get there as early as possible than, wat time do doors open

no it dosent matter who you use

nojoes

Smash Ace
Alright ill try to get there as early as possible than, wat time do doors open

no it dosent matter who you use
sounds good, and it says when doors open in the OP, I think it's at 10? I may change it to 10:30 though, depends if anyone wants to show up that early or not.

sui-jin

Smash Rookie
Ill probably be coming with beegs. This will be my first brawl tournament, and only my second tournament overall. pyon!

nojoes

Smash Ace
What is 'MM'? I might bet a $1 vs. your Yoshi, and maybe if a miracle happens I'll win? Like you self-destructing 3 times...
mm is a money match, usually common at tournaments. each player will bet a certain amount of money usually on a set of 3 matches, winner takes the money.

fire blazer want a 1$ mm?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend. My in-laws are coming up to visit with us before we move to Phoenix.

Trust me, I'd rather be in Ohio smashing with ya'll but my wife would divorce me if I skipped out on her last birthday in Indiana to play Smash.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Blah blah blah. marriage > smash obviously. what johns. sorry you couldn't make it pat, have fun with the in laws ;]

[/sarcasm except when i said i was sorry you couldnt make it]

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I can make it and I'm also bringing another person with me probably gonna do both doubles and singles.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't know if I'm going to this or not. I don't know if Cinci is at all!

Sunday is a bad day...

nojoes

Smash Ace
I know but it was out of my hands this time =[ I'd love for you guys to come up OS, future tournaments will be on saturdays to better accomdate those that have to travel and I can offer housing for those going long distances.

EDIT: Anyone that can bring people or anyone teetering on coming or not, I urge to attend, Cleveland hasn't had a tourny scene for a while and without a good attendance it will be much harder to get future tournaments in this amazing venue. SO PLEASE COME!

soap

Smash Hero
K CEdar point saturday mentor sunday, weathers lookin good too this weekend

if im not broke ill do singles

its my first week so i shouldnt be too busy

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
hahah good **** joel =P it's a sunday?!?!? noone works sundays!
yeah im not even really sure if i have to work but prolly do, plus i dont really have the funds at this moment to go PLUS i dont have a teamate anyways so whatever i think there a tourney close by me actually... but that doesnt change anything i said :)

Top Bottom