• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on the Lake I!! Sunday Sept 28th, Mentor-on-the-lake, Ohio

nojoes

Smash Ace
Just play both. It's not as hard as people say
agreed. I mean there are players that play melee and brawl matches almost back and forth, i'm sure you can manage one switch after brawls over O_O

and melee is a for sure.

and 4% cool. and is actually 4$

P.S. he doesn't have drugs.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Just play both. It's not as hard as people say
I know it's not. I just would like to stay at the top of my game for one or the other when it matters. Switching back and forth causes me to slip up more than I would like. That's my personal experience with switching so far. XD

Alright, Melee for the next one, sweet. I'll start warming up, but I can only do so much on my own. These suckers need to start showing up to commons already. I'm only able to play Omni, Impp, and Steve. I need some more variety. 4%, may I ask for some more friendlies with you or something, you seem to draw out my best whenever we play. I need to be forced into a really tough match/situation to play exceedingly well, it's too bad it usually happens during after-tourney friendlies. XP

Byaa! - We need to play more. PM me man.

4% - Good **** in teams. Keep it up!

Lauren - Good stuff with getting us LOST X<. Nah, but anyways thanks for doing brackets!

Tony - Nice job for the first tournament.

Sui Jin - Another good job for you guys too.

Btw...Why don't we post all of the results? Show where everyone stands. I know people would enjoy that so please do that.

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
This was an over-all fun experience. I'm not gonna complain about how things were run because to be honest I think Joe did a fairly nice job of getting things done and over with. Singles went very very fast, but Doubles did take awhile longer than i was expecting. The people there were a little better than i was expecting ^_^ And now... time for shout-outs:

Joe - thanks for taking the time to get everything organized, i was surprised by how much i enjoyed playing you in doubles even though you pretty much owned me. I was looking forward to playing you in singles but Jon stopped me just short

Jon - i had never met you before this, you've got an annoying *** falco, hard to get ahold of, Good job taking my *** out. btw don't speed when people are trying to follow you

1der - good doubles matches, i didn't like the grab release infinite you did on my partner but i guess if it's not banned then have your way with it, i was surprised to see how ****ing good you are, especially since your like 14yrs old, keep practicing that mario, good work in singles

God - i really hate rob, you play him exactly how he's supposed to be played though i guess, regardless of how angry i was after our matches i really did enjoy playing you and i how to play you again on the 25th

Forte - we played alot of friendlies, i used alot of different characters, you have a nice Lucario

LC - i played you in doubles and i thought you were ok, but in singles you gave me a run for my non-existant money, your mk is pretty **** good

team suck0 - friendlies against you guys were fun, didn't play you in the tournament though

4% - good work with that d3, you've improved ALOT since the tourney at Kyle's, i was really expecting you to suck but you proved me wrong and took home some $, good work 4CASH

Beegs - grats on 1st in teams and 5th in singles, i know you weren't feeling the best, thanks for the ride up, hopefully next time we won't get lost coming home

BYAA! - your a fun guy to be around, i can tell from the little time i spent with you, never got a chance to play you though, good work in singles, we'll have to get something together sometime where we can play, check out http://stepuptournament.freeforums.org/ for info on tourneys around our my area

Lauren - good work with the brackets, maybe next time you can play?

Thanks to everyone for making this fun, sorry if i forgot to shout-out to anybody

**** it beegs you beat me to shout-outs

4% APR

Smash Champion
Next time, me and everyone else are going to that wing place next door. It's gonna be awesome.

Yea, I'll do that 4%. Lets not get lost this time ok. LOL!

SFG- Have you uploaded matchs yet? I've been wanting to see the other matchs I got to miss when I was playing. Let me know when they finally get uploaded on youtube. Thanks

Joe S / John S - Thanks guys for an amazing tournament. WE need more trash talking when we go against eachother in teams. Also John S...Your a **** too since you called me an ***. ^_^

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Are there any plans to continue this? I live fairly close to Gibby, right down 306, and it would be a godsend if there was a tournament less than an hour away lol.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That's cool, I posted in the thread. Provided we don't make the playoffs I'll be there. It's like a dream come true lol.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I uploaded some videos from the tournament to YouTube. The quality is okay, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SciFiGuy108

There were only 7 matches saved onto my SD Card. Unfortunately, none of the Singles Grand Finals were able to be saved. So someone should bring a camera or something so more matches could be recorded and stuff.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Some kinda late shoutouts i guess.

Beegs and crew-thanks for the ride. The ride up was hilarious. Sorry we screwed you over on the way back :(

Joe and jon-you guys are too cool. If you keep having these I'll keep coming. Jon, you should burn me a copy of that cool cd for the next touney :)

SFG-good dittos and good **** winning. You're too good at this game.

Akron guys-good stuff. I was really impressed by you fellas. I hope to see you more events in the future.

I loved the venue. Cold fusion is too good

Edit-sfg, the unknowns in that video are the Byaa! and I'm not sure what his partners name was.

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
maybe we should run the wii through a vcr and tape with a vhs or we could use dvd player and record straight to dvd's, if nobody can convert stuff to put it online i will do it

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I uploaded some videos from the tournament to YouTube. The quality is okay, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SciFiGuy108

There were only 7 matches saved onto my SD Card. Unfortunately, none of the Singles Grand Finals were able to be saved. So someone should bring a camera or something so more matches could be recorded and stuff.
repost the one of me and beegs it says unavailable, im bboy

Fire Blazer

Smash Cadet
^^didnt mean to insult it, it was pretty good overall, i think my expectations were just 2 high xD, I would bring a Wii but it is too much of a hassle >.> good job everybody who played, I was hoping there would be somebody worse than me and I'd get lucky xD

o and SFG u r pretty amazing, i gotta friendly u sometime so I can see how bad i am and how good u are... lol

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
made my own profile finally...... anyway tourney was great had alot of fun and met some great people in the process

to 4% and Beegs --- great doubles matches next time tourney i should have my usual partner but i was satisfied with how well GOD and I did for the amount of time we had to practice .... u guys are too good !!!!

to Jons and Joes ---- seem like cool guys good match hope to play again soon

to Scifiguy ----- grats on the first place win ( he must be Jesus since only Jesus can footstool metaknights tornado lol)

Top Bottom