• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash O'Clock hosted by PSFM - Geneva, IL

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sup fellas. anyone available saturday night? wouldn't mind getting some quick games in. also I'll be free during the day over next week so let me know what people are up to.

ORLY

Smash Master
SNPR crashed in it last year, you ****

smash o clock tomorrow at my house

sanchaz, matt r, frootloop, lightsoutace, john9blue, (maybe) dungles and more

starting in the afternoon, text me for deets

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
just got back fellas! helluva flight and i'm back. time zones are a little off though.

chris, you were talking about saturday tho right? i'm so off schedule right now. let me know what time and i'm good.

ORLY

Smash Master
the chun is approaching. come play if you dare

@tec0: i was talking about the MI tournament in march, a week after SMYM is scheduled

ORLY

Smash Master
I have a question for all of youse guys and it's not restricted to Melee only, but what is it about fighting games that sometimes brings out the worst in people? Like, getting unnecessarily angry with random outbursts of rage?

Is it the pride of believing you're better than your opponent, therefore you should never fall for their juvenile tricks? Orrr something like a full-on integration of yourself into the game during the match and it's hard to transition back to the chill, normal world.

I'd like to hear what you guys think / personally experience when this happens to you, because we all know we've done it at least once.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Put enough energy into something and then fail... its hard to deal with. Eventually it wears on you. Need to take breaks

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Too many factors to really take into account. Pride can be a big one, but I think the anger shows that you care at least. If you get angry, then it's obviously because you take it seriously enough to get angry.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i never get mad anymore, but i haven't attended tournies recently so it's hard to say. friendlies are friendlies, i get ***** here and there but ya gotta remain cool or people will notice. i enjoy playing the game more than i hate losing.

friday might be tough for me chris, some plans came up and it looks hard to fit it in. other than meeting up with certain peepz i hope to meet, i can play during the day. hopefully i get some practice or i won't make it out of pools :-(

Meneks

Smash Lord
I used to get more annoyed and frustrated playing CoD lol.

I always thought it was weird/funny how people would get SO pissed to a point where they threw their controllers, I could understand if the person was a top player placing top 3 in every tournament they went to and all of a sudden lost to a random. But if you aren't a top player, and you aren't really going to win the tourney anyway there is really no specific reason to be super pissed because you didn't make it out of pools, you weren't going to win anyway, so don't waste the energy being pissed because you lost a set to some ice climbers.

Then again people are putting money on the line....

But then again most of these tournies are like 5-10 entry, not enough to get pissed imo...

I never really got pissed and/or frustrated from playing melee because in the long run losing will inevitably lead to me being better.

Quaz

Smash Master
I feel the times I get mad the most are when I'll do good at one tourney, get an ego boost and expect to **** at the next. Biggest example was me losing to Ankoku. This was 2 weeks or so after an SMYM. Vanz had just told me my peach was amazing in the ditto or something like that. SO yeah, Igot an ego boost from that. So suddenly losing to some peach player was like.. super frustrating for me.

Its a vicious cycle, I tel lyou. I have to remember to tell myself Im not THAT good at this game.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
the chun is approaching. come play if you dare

@tec0: i was talking about the MI tournament in march, a week after SMYM is scheduled
How did you know I was goin to MI lmao

Also I think people get mad cuz of an ego thing. I shouldn't have lost to this guy or w/e. that or if you choke kinda hard it's easy to get upset.

Iunno I just play and tell myself it's for fun. That way I play a lot calmer. It's probably a bad mentality for improving though but w/e

:phone:

Quaz

Smash Master
I personally can't help it. I've tried the whole play for fun thing and I still get mad anyways. So its like w/e. I might as well try and at least give my foe a run for their money. I wasn't upset after losing to Chris at all last weekend. Sure, I had that last game, but he kept his calm and won it fair and square. I could tell he was trying too, because he eventually kept his mouth shut after I started kicking his *** LOL. Im glad he won though, because he pulled his way through losers to take 2nd place. It was either that or 7th.

EDIT: oh and stfu John LOL. It was my highlight of the day to make you rage against me. :troll:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How did you know I was goin to MI lmao

Also I think people get mad cuz of an ego thing. I shouldn't have lost to this guy or w/e. that or if you choke kinda hard it's easy to get upset.

Iunno I just play and tell myself it's for fun. That way I play a lot calmer. It's probably a bad mentality for improving though but w/e

:phone:
MI leaked it in the SWEET thread

Top Bottom