• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

Genos

Smash Apprentice
lol it was up at a small comic con called Granitecon and we run 3 a year in different cities. This past one was a very small venue and was mostly for casuals. However our main event in Manchester is coming up and I hope to get some real good people to come and play. I do intent on running Brawl (unless the people running it get GS to run it, I WILL TRY TO PREVENT THIS AT ALL COSTS!), Brawl+ and Melee if there's a demand for it. All the info on the venue can be found here: http://www.dmcomics.com/site2/granitecon.html
Hope to see you there =D

e. I don't know how much if anything tourny entry will cost, I need to talk the numbers over with them. I do know you will have to pay to get into Granitecon itself, and again I don't know how much that will be (I think it's $10).
Hurray New Hampshire tourneys! Make sure you advertise this before the date so I don't forget. I live in Merrimack during the summer so this will be pretty convenient for me.

Is anyone looking into downloading Brawl-? I think it comes out this weekend or sometime soon, but I don't have a wii so I can't check it out. I'm e-friends with the guy that headed quality-assurance on the project so I want to try it out and give him some feedback. If maybe possibly somebody wouldn't mind bringing it in sometime that would be the bee's knees.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Hurray New Hampshire tourneys! Make sure you advertise this before the date so I don't forget. I live in Merrimack during the summer so this will be pretty convenient for me.

Is anyone looking into downloading Brawl-? I think it comes out this weekend or sometime soon, but I don't have a wii so I can't check it out. I'm e-friends with the guy that headed quality-assurance on the project so I want to try it out and give him some feedback. If maybe possibly somebody wouldn't mind bringing it in sometime that would be the bee's knees.
Yeah NH Smash need all the help it can get. Also I was going to get Brawl- to try it, I can bring it on my Wii whenever it's out =D

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Thanks to everyone who came!

Too bad we had alot less people then we used to this week, but I'm sure we'll be back in full power soon!

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
ay yo guys im not dead i know u guys have been worrying like crazy =p. I missed last week cause of a tourny at my skool which has no prize nd is suppose to continue this friday, but ill probably go to here instead. k fire isnt coming tho he is gettin seduced by some chicks on friday.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, was wondering if PAX is going to put a damper on attendance this week, and the same for AB next week. I'm skipping PAX but I'll be at AB so I'll be missing next week.
Also info on the NH tourny will be up Saturday =D

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
i know some folks aren't gonna be here cuz of anime boston, but i dunno about pax.

So Fatal

Smash Master
i got 2 free passes(for being pro in brawl lol!!), for me and star, so well be there, everyone should enter brawl doubles and singles to give me and darc money. :]

etecoon

Smash Hero
I might come tomorrow, kind of horrendous at navigation, is this the easiest way there from I-93? this is what lolmapquest gave me

3. Take the RT-28/RT-3 N/STORROW DR exit, EXIT 26, toward N. STATION. 1.5 mi Map | Avoid
4. Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.3 mi Map | Avoid
5. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto MA-28 S/STORROW DR/MA-3 N/JAMES J STORROW MEMORIAL DR. Continue to follow MA-28 S. 0.8 mi Map | Avoid
6. Turn RIGHT onto BEACON ST/MA-28 S. Continue to follow BEACON ST. 1.3 mi Map | Avoid
7. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-20 W/MA-30 W/COMMONWEALTH AVE. 0.6 mi Map | Avoid

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
Well that's not too, too bad. I'll still be there though. Maybe not until around 4 or so but I'll be there. Someone give me their number in case I get lost, I'm not really a city person so I might go up the wrong alleyway and get mugged O_o

*Reads first page. Oh.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
lol fail, but unless we get kicked out early because BU needs the room for events and stuff, we can usually stay there till at least 8, poss longer. The only thing is that VGS will have to take their setups back around 7. But some ppl still stay after and play.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Today was soooooo fun! I prob wont be there next week cuz of Anime Boston, but hope everyone shows up again!

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Today was soooooo fun! I prob wont be there next week cuz of Anime Boston, but hope everyone shows up again!
^This. Hope to see some of you at AB to come whoop me =P
I'll bring a TV next time I come though, if the crowd gets even bigger than yesterday we'll def. need it.
Oh and Albert I want 1v1s in 2 weeks, we never got to play anything but teams =P
(and yes, I do hit my teammate a lot, I don't play teams much XD)

Albert.

Smash Master
I'll bring a TV next time I come though, if the crowd gets even bigger than yesterday we'll def. need it.
Oh and Albert I want 1v1s in 2 weeks, we never got to play anything but teams =P
(and yes, I do hit my teammate a lot, I don't play teams much XD)
It was so big, partially because I brought extra Berklee kids with me.

And yeah I'm up for 1v1s

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Please come, I won't be there this week because of Anime Boston but there will be plenty of other people to play with. :)

Top Bottom