• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So yeah, Raeef says that we won't host Smash Friday this week because alot of us would not be there. However the place will still be open and Mafia has his TV there. you guys are welcome to head over there to play as long as ppl there don't mind.

And kenfireball if you want your GC back talk to Raeef about it, his # is on the OP, and he's the only one out of us who can get your GC from the lockers.

So yeah, Smash Friday will take a 2 week hiatus, I'll see everyone in 2 weeks!

Albert.

Smash Master
BERKLEE IS HOSTING An emergency BAWRL friday at 150 Mass Ave, in Back Bay Boston, MA, United States of *******s

Call me at 754 581 2756 if interested in coming

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I do, but I mainly play Brawl+. Was wondering if I bring a TV and Wii if I could possibly set it up somewhere, and people can give ti a try as they please. This does not mean I won't play Brawl as well =D
Yes extra setups are always appreciated. And Brawl+ huh, its not quite popular here (I set it up once and I only got like 1 other person into it), but I myself have played in, I even had it once until it got too complicated to switch the hacks back and forth between Brawl and Brawl+.

I'm def up for B+, but not sure about the others.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice

Yes extra setups are always appreciated. And Brawl+ huh, its not quite popular here (I set it up once and I only got like 1 other person into it), but I myself have played in, I even had it once until it got too complicated to switch the hacks back and forth between Brawl and Brawl+.

I'm def up for B+, but not sure about the others.
That's fair, we'll have to play a match or two. If it doesn't seem that popular I'll just setup Brawl on my end (not exactly that hard =P). Also I feel you on switching back and forth, I just broke down and got 2 SD cards XP

Brawl+ isn't that much better lol xD
While that's a perfectly fine opinion, Brawl+ and Brawl have some HUGE differences. While I'm too lazy to type them all out, I played B+ exclusively for 4 months then played a Brawl match. OH BOY is it an interesting experience. It was the first time I ever DIDN'T enjoy playing a Smash game. Though I am getting back into Brawl (slowly but surely), Brawl+ has left such an impression of itself on my Brawl game. However while adjusting to slower speeds and way fewer combos (sorry, had to =P), I had noticed that playing Brawl+ has made me understand the fundamentals of better Brawl.

So love it, hate it, don't care about it, anything works for me, but I fully enjoy playing it =D

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I agree with SFC that Brawl+ is a more intense and high paced game, therefore it can be considered to be more "fun". Plus the "gay" aspects of Brawl are taken out in order to make the game more "fun".

The only thing stopping me from playing Brawl+ is the lack of opponents around.

Just watch this and you'll agree that Brawl+ is a legit game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLj3Xid58wE

Albert.

Smash Master
I agree with SFC that Brawl+ is a more intense and high paced game, therefore it can be considered to be more "fun". Plus the "gay" aspects of Brawl are taken out in order to make the game more "fun".

The only thing stopping me from playing Brawl+ is the lack of opponents around.

Just watch this and you'll agree that Brawl+ is a legit game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLj3Xid58wE
What are you talking about? N.E. has a bunch of B+ players.

Brawl + has a bunch of "gay" things. You can't have a fighting game without some people doing "gay" and exploitative things. There's NO decay, so certain moves are freakishly spamable.

People forget that Melee's pretty gay too. Jiggly's Bair? Sheik Chaingrabs on more than half the cast?

Melee and Brawl + are about speed and combos

Brawl is about covering opponents options and getting reads. traps, ETC.

I will not tolerate people underestimating the skill necessary to be good in Brawl

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The developers of Brawl+ make an effort to get rid of all the gay things in B+, thats why it has being updated many times. Even if they do not change the build they still change the .pacs so that the chars lost cgs and infinites and stuff.

And when I say ppl here dont play B+ I meant in BU not NE.

Also I do agree that both Brawl and B+ needs different skill sets, but from an entertainer's perspective B+ would be considered more fun.

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
FOr those interested theres a brawl tournament at gamestop this friday. THe one located at the red and green line stop park street. So it should be easy to get there for you BU players. THe prize will not be annouced untiil teh day of but its probably a gift card of something. There is no entry fee. HOWEVER

whoever is hosting he tournament either doesn't know much about them or has a limited amount of time. Seeing as the tourney will be from 3-5 I'm asusming there mus tnot be a lot of time for it. The rules are also pretty lame. From what I gathered from asking around there today the rules I know are
-Best of one match. Yep ONE fricken match. This means no counterpicks.
- One character only! ALso pretty lame yoou have to choose one person and stick with it.
-Double elimination so at least this isn't 100 percent lame. THere are second chances.
-No items
-I was told the stages playable will be determined by the host. But they will most likely be the neutrals we're oh so familiar with. I'm assuming the stage pick will be randomed

I might be there might not. Odds are I'm most likely not going to win and its not best of 3 which is really iffy.. I'd hope that winers finals is at least best of 3 or 5. I believe there are limited spots though. So you might wanna get there and sign up now.

And to those of you who plan on going good luck and bring your A game. Or your metaknight...

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm actually the reigning champ at GS, I went to the last one they hosted, and yeah it's pretty lame. Plus they only have 1 set up on a laggy TV, and one of the controllers u have to use is ****. I'm perfectly fine w/someone else taking my crown.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
an interesting possibility. I wanted to go to the last one to get myself a cool drawing of ddd. have you gotten yours yet yume? I may have plans in that area around that time, so maybe I'll stop by to see what's going down.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
an interesting possibility. I wanted to go to the last one to get myself a cool drawing of ddd. have you gotten yours yet yume? I may have plans in that area around that time, so maybe I'll stop by to see what's going down.
lol DAWALL, I never got my drawing, but mebbe you will be luckier then me, DAWALL.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yes ALBERT, even though we are such good friends he still won't call me by my name, ALBERT

also a very friendly reminder to everyone that Smash Friday is starting up again next week!

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
i don't like to call people by their actual names online, it feels weird. just like calling a person by their sn in real life. if you want me to call you calvin online, then fiiiiine CALVIN.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I call people by their sn all the time, and I'm more used to people calling me Viers than my real name, actually XD

I'll try and remember y'all names though.

Albert.

Smash Master
I ****in **** y'all ***** *****s cause my name and screen name are identical ****errssss

Bass-Clef-Albert IS t1psyyyy

GET AT MEEEEE ******* WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU GOT LAID CALVINOYUME CHAN?!?!?!?! LMFAOOOO

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
that's how you get when you're tipsy? aren't you like that all the time?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'll be there, I think.

@ kenfireball--you get any word about whether I could get into bls' tourney thing?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@ .zeb: you coming tomorrow?

Also, again, I'll be bringing Magic, if people who play are interested in playing me XD

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
lol it was up at a small comic con called Granitecon and we run 3 a year in different cities. This past one was a very small venue and was mostly for casuals. However our main event in Manchester is coming up and I hope to get some real good people to come and play. I do intent on running Brawl (unless the people running it get GS to run it, I WILL TRY TO PREVENT THIS AT ALL COSTS!), Brawl+ and Melee if there's a demand for it. All the info on the venue can be found here: http://www.dmcomics.com/site2/granitecon.html
Hope to see you there =D

e. I don't know how much if anything tourny entry will cost, I need to talk the numbers over with them. I do know you will have to pay to get into Granitecon itself, and again I don't know how much that will be (I think it's $10).

Top Bottom