• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yes, this friday we will have Smash Fridays from 3-7, there will also be a brawl tournament for a fundraser!

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
show him some love guys, <3<3<3<3<3, u will be well payed :)
is there gonna be melee around? we only play melee

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
show him some love guys, <3<3<3<3<3, u will be well payed :)
is there gonna be melee around? we only play melee
There have being days where we get alot of ppl interested in Melee, but recently it kind of died off. But we still have people here who would like to play Melee, so we need to start with someone to bring Melee back right?

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I could play some melee but I'm not very good, but I'd still play with someone nonetheless

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Fatal's not going? Hell yes! xD

Club meeting today at 9:15 at the same building, room 444. I think we should have the set ups covered. At least 3 dedicated to Smash Bros.

And if enough people come we can do a free tourney, or a dollar entry fee.

Umm directions:
If going by train, stop at the Northeastern Stop. Go towards the stop light closest to the tunnel. Then go towards where you see a bunch of buildings and a couple wolves. Go in the building directly ahead. Go left once inside and continue down the art corridor. Once you get to an open space with lots of chairs and tables, take the elevator to the fourth floor. Take a left out of the elevator, and find the 444 number.

Gianondorf

Smash Rookie
Awesome then! So 775 Commonwealth Ave is the place? I'm off class at 4 and I live near my college (Berklee), so It's not too far.

I hope the snow doesn't kill me, last night I walked from a party to my place at 4:30 am, and boston seemed silent hill, everything was white and it was snowing so slightly that it seemed ashes aha..

Anyway, see you there guys, I hope someone is up for some melee.

I don't have a copy of the game with me right now, so If someone does please bring it there! Thanks :p

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yay Melee! Ok btw since theres a brawl tourney tommorow, more setups would be needed, if any1 can bring a tv that would be great.

Gianondorf

Smash Rookie
Fatal's not going? Hell yes! xD

Club meeting today at 9:15 at the same building, room 444. I think we should have the set ups covered. At least 3 dedicated to Smash Bros.

And if enough people come we can do a free tourney, or a dollar entry fee.

Umm directions:
If going by train, stop at the Northeastern Stop. Go towards the stop light closest to the tunnel. Then go towards where you see a bunch of buildings and a couple wolves. Go in the building directly ahead. Go left once inside and continue down the art corridor. Once you get to an open space with lots of chairs and tables, take the elevator to the fourth floor. Take a left out of the elevator, and find the 444 number.
This place is pretty cool to play, it was fun playing with you guys. Let's try to find more Melee players!

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Partial results of that tournament (21 entrants I believe)

1: Fatal ($3x) (Wentworth)
2: Yume (Nothing for not paying entry fee ) (Boston University)
3: Dank (Northeastern University)
4: Irish Mafia
5: DK player
5: Seekheart
7: Blaize
7: ???
9: AKC12

The rest I don't know.

Should have gotten to losers finals. Still had a great time

Edit:
Just a set from the event

Dank vs Blaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl9i0hzxiS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8gEIx47c4

Edit: HOLY CRAP I have bad memory

BlaizeRaz0r

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Actually my name is spelled Blaize, it has that fancy little "i" in it. But yea that's cool you got those videos

and obviously my tag name is BlaizeRaz0r, but I also use BFC25

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
Partial results of that tournament

1: Fatal ($3x) (Wentworth)
2: Yume (Nothing for not paying entry fee ) (Boston University)
3: Dank (Northeastern University)
4: Irish Mafia
5: DK player
5: Some Asian I think (Sorry haha)
7: Blaize
7: ???
9: AKC12

The rest I don't know.

Should have gotten to losers finals. Still had a great time

Edit:
Just a set from the event

Dank vs Blaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl9i0hzxiS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8gEIx47c4

Edit: HOLY CRAP I have bad memory
I thought I was 5th? also it was me akc... not some random asian lawlz

Composeur

Smash Ace
Oh, and does anyone know if there's a good place in Boston to buy a GC controller on the cheap? I had to leave everything of my setup at home when I moved out here. >_<

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I can sell you a controller if you want, but generally gamestops aren't too bad.
Next tourney? might be next month not sure bout that.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Bam update! Yeah, they'll always be each Friday unless I'm told otherwise. Hope the tourney was fun, if there's one next semester I'll come by and do some work. Did the club make as much money as they hoped to make?

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I think so, like there was supposed to be like another smash tourney this month by VSA

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Oh, and does anyone know if there's a good place in Boston to buy a GC controller on the cheap? I had to leave everything of my setup at home when I moved out here. >_<
Buy a Nintendo controller online, any 3rd party (ie. gamestop) controllers are complete crap.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I can sell you a controller if you want, but generally gamestops aren't too bad.
Next tourney? might be next month not sure bout that.
I'll definitely buy it off you if it's a good controller. Thanks :)

Do people here ever have casual gatherings on weeknights or whenever?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
People from Boston,

Hi, I'm (kind of) a smasher from NJ. I'm going to be in Boston this Friday for an interview, and I was wonderinf if anyone can help me out as to telling me about Boston itself? I'd really appreciate it.

AIM = yes2good9487

Thanks in advance.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
well stop by smash fridays this week composeur and I can show you what I'm sellin :)

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
@yes, if you want to learn about boston, you can aim me at thewall617. I'll be on at random times, cuz I'm abroad right now, I'm 6 hours ahead, so things are a bit funky. I'm sure some of these other people will help too if you need it.

Top Bottom