• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Confessions

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I don't even feel bad about maining kirby

caneut

Smash Ace
After a long period of losing, I love alting and pwning people I use to lose to a lot without saying a word. It drives people insane.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
this one's obvious, but: i actually do have a huge crush on funk ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I like to watch old smash matches on YouTube and reminisce.

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I live in the past because I watch old matches? I watch new matches too. FAIL troll attempt, try harder.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I alt a lot on servers and when I do I use a different alt every day. I did it because nobody would play me when I went on with my actual name, but it turns out nobody wants to play with randoms either. What an interesting dilemma

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I'm really scared that the Peru tournament matches will turn into a campfest that is unbearable to watch.

But I'm also kind of looking forward to that so it will silence the Hyrule apologists and galvanize Peru into finally coming to their senses and banning Hyrule.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I hate it for competitive play in a metagame increasingly geared toward defensiveness and not approaching. For friendlies I am all for it.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I'm really scared that the Peru tournament matches will turn into a campfest that is unbearable to watch.

But I'm also kind of looking forward to that so it will silence the Hyrule apologists and galvanize Peru into finally coming to their senses and banning Hyrule.
There is a reason why there has not been a tournament in peru for over a year.

stages dont camp
they just provide the tent

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Confessions:

- I use the right c-button to jump
- I'm a falcon main and I can't repeatedly taunt cancel on the Hyrule platforms
- I play training mode and lazily practice tech skill when I'm on the phone with my girlfriend
- I pull cheap jiggs combos against my friends
- I consider myself a good player but I know I'm far from great
- I always get sucked into Kirby's neutral b for some reason.. it's a mental block
- I want to play online but I secretly don't feel welcomed even though I know the community is nice

sman865

Smash Apprentice
- I want to play online but I secretly don't feel welcomed even though I know the community is nice
I feel like this is reversed lol.
64 community wants to grow and welcome people in but is actually somewhat rude to each other and noobs figuring things out.

But you should definitely play online dude. The east coast server is the most populated one. There's a helpful guide in the smash index thread.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
it was the offline community that gave me a good enough impression to get into the online community, i probably would have been intimidated too if i didnt know a couple people from my local scene already

Sangoku

Smash Master
New people shouldn't feel intimidated by the online community :)

I think we do what we can to welcome new members: we link to the smash index, we answer their question, we ban cobr.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I have an anti-sociable personality but yeah, I'll get my project64 going and my internet sorted out. I'll be on the kailerra servers soon. I just don't know anyone else who plays competitively so I still feel hesitant but I'll just get over it.

Confession:
- I haven't worked pivoting into my regular play
- I like kamikaze kills of of the stage even if it isn't the last stock
- I prefer pseudo combos over regular combos 50% of the time (I'm not sure if that is a confession)

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Confessions:

- I use the right c-button to jump
- I'm a falcon main and I can't repeatedly taunt cancel on the Hyrule platforms
- I play training mode and lazily practice tech skill when I'm on the phone with my girlfriend
- I pull cheap jiggs combos against my friends
- I consider myself a good player but I know I'm far from great
- I always get sucked into Kirby's neutral b for some reason.. it's a mental block
dude, play online xD

There are always trolls or just bad people, but you will find those everywhere you go. If anyone ever gives you **** on server, then just leave and play someone else. No worries

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
- I won't watch your videos/combo videos if it's not samus/dk/link/falcon. I instantly stop giving a ****. sorry.
- If i go to apex it will be for teams/friendlies
- I do not understand fox in the slightest
- I suck at grabbing (which is probably why i hate bthrows so much)
- I wish more people were open to team play
- My avatar is a turnip…turning…up…
- I wish Nintendo went bankrupt after the N64 so that everyone would be playing smash the way it was meant to be played
- I've never felt a difference between console and online, no matter the frames

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I know when I won't reach my opponent with a DJC attack with Yoshi, and I know he will grab me as soon as I land, but I still try it and it pisses me off when I get grabbed.

I taunt dumbly on the middle of the stage when I feel my opponent is not approaching to the point I get annoyed.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I know when I won't reach my opponent with a DJC attack with Yoshi, and I know he will grab me as soon as I land, but I still try it and it pisses me off when I get grabbed.

I taunt dumbly on the middle of the stage when I feel my opponent is not approaching to the point I get annoyed.
what if you condition yourself to evade an incoming dash grab
by either landing a little bit farther way, then interrupting his dashgrab with your jabs
or by going hardcore mode and relying on parry + jump oos (~5 green/blue frames)

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
what if you condition yourself to evade an incoming dash grab
by either landing a little bit farther way, then interrupting his dashgrab with your jabs
or by going hardcore mode and relying on parry + jump oos (~5 green/blue frames)
Generally I go as far as possible in those situations, so I can't hit further. And I always try to parry jump, but I'm so bad at frame traps (same would go with jabs) that I get grabbed anyway.

caneut

Smash Ace
i think people should keep posting confessions and keep bumping since this board isn't active enough to matter

Annex

Smash Ace
when I embarrass people who think they're good at 64 with super standard falcon **** I feel like I have a fat ****

Top Bottom