• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Confessions

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i like melee more than 64, but play 64 more than melee

smash 4 doesnt look completely terrible

the default button mapping for the usa demo switches grab and sheild (Q! style[n64 Z <--> R]) while rotating n64's layout of A-B-Cleft-Cdown counterclockwise. its not functionally enjoyable to play for me, but the hitstun seems fun for now

Sangoku

Smash Master
oh, I meant farther away from the opponent, as if baiting his dash grab
Oh I misunderstood, sorry. Well if I do that, they simply don't go in to grab me I guess. But maybe I'm going too far from them. Gotta find the right distance.

My biggest difficulty with Yoshi is z-cancel though. I can never time that right with all the DJC's and the hitlag vs no hitlag factor.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Aren't there a lot of chars you never play? I don't think I've ever seen your Fox or Ness for example.
I only play half the cast regullary. And the rest is once in a while. But link is like absent.

Sangoku

Smash Master
He never gets to use Link because he wins them all.

Jk, 12 char battles aren't so popular here I believe. We should start doing them more. Next time I'm playing I'll suggest one.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
After recent, recurring experiences, I never want to play random people on kaillera again, only people I know.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i think it should be noted that merely because i make fun of people i will always play them, no matter who it is

see: studstill, for instance, or those wc guys who are going to get their asses beat at apex in wc ec crew battle, or...who else do i **** with again?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
i have no respect for people who are bad at smash and are obsessed with it

i hate people who are faster than me

i hate loosing consecutively

i hate alot of smashboarders

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
i have no respect for people who are bad at smash and are obsessed with it

i hate people who are faster than me

i hate loosing consecutively

i hate alot of smashboarders
Wait. What? You have no respect for people who are bad at smash and are obsessed with it? By "obsessed", do you mean watch a bunch of videos, read lengthy forum posts, and play constantly? I think it's great when people who aren't very good at a game strive to get better at it. I encourage people to become "obsessed" with a particular game even if they are bad at it. It's good to be passionate about something that you love. I realize that this is a confession page but being openly disrespectful about people who are passionate about Smash Bros is just uncalled for. Also, the Smash 64 community is great... just give them a chance.

Smash confession:
Today, I lost in a 99-stock 2v1 against my friends (they play casually but they're still good)
I suppose I should have made them turn team attack on. I was a bit salty to say the least.

Sedda

Smash Champion
ok some confessions:

-Generally, I enjoy watching Melee more, but I like playing 64 way more.
There's a much more diverse pool of gameplay for high level Melee, and the players are overall more ok with being aggressive more often than in 64 because of the way their DI works.

-Not sure if this is a confession, but falcon/kirby is my favorite matchup to watch in 64 at the high level (kinda like the set between that one japanese falcon and Moyashi that Karajan linked once). Super tense, and I think it defines how 64 works in many ways. The matchup can look very defensive but only because of how amazing the offensive punishes are.

-mixa is my evil twin

-I've been playing smash with the first controller I ever owned for a 64 this whole time (1999). I have a controller with a new stick but I haven't been to any tournaments yet, so I don't wanna waste it. Gotta grease it, too.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
i forgot

no respect for people in any smash game who use the c-stick to jump or smash

be a man goddamnit, and side a

mixa

Banned via Warnings
K guys this thread is pretty open ended BUT just so you know:

A confession in the sense it's used here is like something bad or something you're ashamed of or something. "I'm way better than all of you," "I'm really good at X," or "I hate gay playstyles and I'm proud of it" are not confessions, they're just things you think about yourself. We all, myself included, love to stroke our ****s in front of the rest of the 64 section and ferociously defend ourselves, but don't put it in the form of a confession.

Near I confess that you're a delusional ****wad and that no one has ever loved you. Doesn't quite work, does it?

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Ledgehogs are lame, and apparently Sakurai/Smash 4 agrees with me. It's one of the things I'm most excited for; 64 with the Smash 4 ledge mechanics would be interesting (not the snap, just the characters popping off when another grabs it).

mixa

Banned via Warnings
this thread has already been derailed by everyone
yes, but the more posts are not confessions, the more disinhibited the crowd gets

now the thread is just being a depository for quick rants or messages about what you think of a smash-related thing that you haven't had the opportunity to properly share

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Confession: Sometimes, when I attempt a dash grab, I'll miss and continue to hold R so that I shield to avoid an aerial coming my way. Being the idiot that I am, I'll press A while still holding R to perform a shield grab after I've blocked the aerial only to find out that I can't grab like that.

HewhosmasheS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
balmerZZZ91
3DS FC
2036-7682-0346
I never been to a turnement but feel I play at that level

mixa

Banned via Warnings
this is a safe place z

when peeling fruits my mind wanders and then i'm sure i could beat isai on a good day

jk, just boom

Dustiletto

Smash Cadet
NNID
greasyitalian
3DS FC
3411-1534-9274
Playing 64 as a kid, I used to think Samus was Peach for some reason?
Yeah, odd.

sman865

Smash Apprentice
I never hated Aerodrome

and actually respect him now.

edit: a little bit

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
more confessions:

-I used to second Yoshi and Ness but stopped because DJCing is too hard
-TOing isn't as fun as it used to be and every tournament I feel like quitting
-I secretly enjoy reading forum drama and I pray to our lord and saviour mic_128 every night before I go to sleep
-I don't feel bad about maining kirby, but I do feel bad when I complain about any matchups and feel like I have no right to
-I have a huge crush on YBOMBB and have for a long time (not sure this one even qualifies as a confession)
-I also have a huge crush on Funk (not sure this one qualifies as a confession either)
-I like playing on stream because I'm a cam-*****
-I haven't talked about Jigglypuff a lot lately because I was not allowed to under agreement with Nintendo
-Brawl is my favourite smash game
-( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
There was a time when TOing was fun for you? Who would have thought it gets old constantly tracking down disappearing smashers / yelling at crowds of indifferent players to start their matches / getting yelled at by 5 different players trying to get their score entered all at once.

caneut

Smash Ace
melee fox is not 64 fox

64 fox is fox

brawl has no fox

brawl 2 has no fox

Top Bottom