• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Confessions

Olikus

Smash Champion
-i hate when ppl waits for me to chose a character so he can counter it.... also i hate when they complain about the stage so thats why i never chose a stage i always let them
choose it

this is so annoying. good people feel the same way =)

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Well, here I go
-Recently, I've been playing Smash 64 A LOT MORE, AND ITS REALLY FUN!
-My main character for every smash game is Luigi, but I've been using falcon lately.
-While trying to pwn computers in 1P Game Mode, I sometimes die trying too hard!

151rby

Smash Cadet
But it's an uncommon opportunity which makes it feel more frustrating to miss it. And it would be so embarrassing in doubles (when my teammate tries to heal me)..

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
-I have a lot of trouble against Kirby and Samus players
-I try to approach more often than I should, resulting in me getting punished hard

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
- I sometimes blow myself up (by throwing my boomerang, then throwing a bomb when it comes back)
- I can't play Fox. At all.
- I secretly beat the :starman::starman::starman::starman: out of my main with Captain Falcon, yelling "WHY MUST YOU SUCK SO MUCH?"
- It took me a week to unlock Luigi
- I like to play on Yoshi's Island
- I forget that there is no hookshot in this game, so I use Nair a lot.
- I just barely learned how to L/Z Cancel

Shears

Smash Master
Shears, how did your games with my friend at vtech go?
those were some of the rare games i was sober for. they were good though, we played for like 2 hours, he had a tricky jigglypuff i couldnt really figure out. i told him about a gamers group there that he should take advantage of and hustle kids for smash bros money. ill be back down there in a couple weeks so ill be playing him again.

viCe1

Smash Rookie
Blacksburg VA school year, northen VA summer
Hey Shears it's Lee, let me know next time you're back in the tech area. Balogh's been busy with work but I'm on Galaxy most days. I should be up in Maryland for Nintendude's tourney in a couple weeks. Hope to see you there.

Weedwack I'm down to play your friend if he's interested in some friendlies, pm me on galaxy or here.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Hey Shears it's Lee, let me know next time you're back in the tech area. Balogh's been busy with work but I'm on Galaxy most days. I should be up in Maryland for Nintendude's tourney in a couple weeks. Hope to see you there.

Weedwack I'm down to play your friend if he's interested in some friendlies, pm me on galaxy or here.
Dude, if you had just said your name was Lee I would've remembered you right away lol

Shears

Smash Master

im not gonna be in maryland for the tourney, ill actually be at tech meeting up with some buddies to go on a cruise. next time im down we should have smash threesome.

TANK64

Smash Lord
- (Like Ballin') I enjoy watching videos of myself way too much lol. I especially like watching videos of me and Sheer playing. I think they're very entertaining and like noticing the little cool stuff.

even though I'm like, "what the hell am I doing" most of the time while watching my matches.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I can't stand the few videos of myself on Youtube. They're all pretty terrible. I legitimately think I wasn't playing well in any of them lol.

Although I have some .krec recordings lying around where I liked how I played. People should record with that, because when they do it directly people tend to microlag which makes my play subpar.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Half the reasons I quit so much is because I cant stand community drama and trolls ruining the game, other half is my isp being a **** lol.

seriously though, I'll never understand why people want to use smash 64 as a troll game, it's like **** off and stop being a little ***** teenager. I still win but it's like, damn grow up kids.

Atlasatlast

Smash Rookie
As a newbie to the online community, I really want to get better and play online a lot but I'm worried that I'll be spending so much of my time joining a dying game. (as much of the community states) I've loved SSB 64 since childhood, but committing to seriously getting better feels like committing to a long-term relationship. :/

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
As a newbie to the online community, I really want to get better and play online a lot but I'm worried that I'll be spending so much of my time joining a dying game. (as much of the community states) I've loved SSB 64 since childhood, but committing to seriously getting better feels like committing to a long-term relationship. :/
I understand where you're coming from. This game is already 14 years old, and our community is pretty small compared to Melee and Brawl. However, we just had a 95 man tourney at Apex where 3 people from Japan, 2 from Brazil, and a handful from Canada attended. As much as someone says this game is dying, there's another person who will play this game until their last breath (Battlecow). There is still a small, but dedicated group of players that fit into the latter category and most of them will help you along to becoming a better player if that's what you want (shoutouts to Sheer for being awesome at this).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Also, the time you spend getting better and learning new stuff will be fun. So even if the game dies out it won't be a waste of time, it'll be entertainment.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Just play the game and don't worry about it, 64 is a fun game to take serious and a fun game to take casually and **** with people, that's what its about. There's been many a time I thought I was done with this game because of certain things but I come back because this game is so ****ing fun win or lose. Don't worry about the time you commit compared to the time you spend having fun. Hell, I've been playing 64 competitively off and on since 2004 or 05 now, i dont regret a bit of it.

Atlasatlast

Smash Rookie
Thanks all. I definitely don't intend to game for money from tournaments or anything, just playing with people of that caliber is fun. Besides I'm not going to college to become a professional smasher though that's what it feels like sometimes ;) I know it is a waste of time but its the most fun waste of time I've ever had. I'll definitely stick to 64 though, in my experience its a vastly superior game than either SSBM or SSBB xD Y'all are right its just a dang fun game.

That's another thing, the community in general does seem pretty cool 'cept for the guys who online are like "get out unnamed noob, you=noob, *kick*, automatically. I guess i understand that though, I wouldn't wanna just rail on guys worse than me all day, everyone loves a challenge and most people new to online prolly do suck comparatively. The few times I've played have been real fun though. My friend and I had a definite moment when we saw Boom online for the first time.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't think I would say the game is dying, because the community isn't really getting smaller IMO. Or at least, not since I started in 2009. I heard it got smaller after Brawl was released, but since then it kind of stayed the same or maybe even increased a little (I can't imagine a 96 man console tournament happening in '09).

Olikus

Smash Champion
Half the reasons I quit so much is because I cant stand community drama and trolls ruining the game, other half is my isp being a **** lol.

seriously though, I'll never understand why people want to use smash 64 as a troll game, it's like **** off and stop being a little ***** teenager. I still win but it's like, damn grow up kids.
Im curios on how people troll in game? If you thinking about players goofing around, its probably because their noobs not trolls. Or maybe you think sandbagging is trolling..

Top Bottom