• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers tournament Aug 20th!! Columbus Ohio! Cash Payout!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Who's bringing CRT's? It would be silly not to have the 4.

And yeah, I'm super hyped.

Is m2k actually coming? If so, what games is he entering?
pleasenot64pleasenot64

Mystic83

Smash Rookie
So has the TV thing been worked out / has anyone called this Matt guy about it?

I'm still determining which tournament I'm going to show up to. The other one is closer, but I'm playing melee so it isn't the best choice given the posting here. But if it's going to be on laggy LCDs I don't want to even bother, and if the tournament manager, or whoever that is, wants to have this attitude about I don't really want to attend.

I'm not going to win money, but I would like to improve and play real games with people. That's not going to happen on laggy screens, and so there would be no reason to show up.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
*sigh*

Since Vanz is going, I now know that I won't be the only Peach main there. I also know now that there's no way of me standing out as a Peach main.

*sigh*

In any case, there's probably an 80% chance of me going.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ok, right now my question is this:

you guys say "most popular rules for each game"
does this mean you don't know the rules/won't be enforcing them?

I'd prefer if there were responsible captions who made sure people follow the rules.

Also are you aware of the fact that we generally have pools and that tournaments are double elimination?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
One more question to address, is the $100 winning fee going to be cash or store credit?

And I only ask because in the past, gamestop (maybe not this one) in dublin has hosted smash tournaments and paid out with store credit.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ok, so I just got off the phone with Matt. And here's how this is gonna go:
There will be some CRTs there, these will mostly be used for melee. They have had smashers come in and use the TVs in the past (the LCDs) and they said it has no real problems for 64 and of course no problems for brawl, and they aren't that bad for melee either, but they are still LCD, so its not as good as CRT, which is why the CRT are going to be used for melee (primarily)

They do have experience hosting smash tourneys in the past (with about 50 people), so its a bit more organized than this topic makes it out to be, however there are no pools, they will just create a random bracket when we go there and sign up and stuff.

so yea, its not as bad as we've been lead to believe, so I'm gonna be going for sure now.

Still bring your own CRTs, he says they will have some, but its great to have more. Sorry it took me so long to call him, i was busy :\

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol now me going is 50% because some personal stuff came up... I'll try to be there but its a maybe :(
hope you guys have funz if i can't make it.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
****ing jiggs

bout to make me go to the other one just because of how much i hate jiggs.

Xx1derxX

Smash Cadet
Much thanks Mr. Germon, it's pretty unlikely I'll miss this now.
Perhaps us players could establish/clarify the "most popular rules" before hand? Im just lookin for stage list.
And yeah, MI should fosheezy comeeeee. this will be jolly good times

Battlecow

Play to Win
There will be some CRTs there, these will mostly be used for melee. They have had smashers come in and use the TVs in the past (the LCDs) and they said it has no real problems for 64
The ****? Some local scrubs told him it has no problems for 64 and now you guys get all the CRT's?

PLEASE tell me that we at least get quarterfinals and on on CRT for 64 (if melee gets the same, that is). 2 frames and under is bearable (barely), but I wouldn't even think of playing serious matches in more than 3.

Also Gio is gonna have to grow a pair before he impregnates anyone.

Reside

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there, to anyone who knows me - doubles? I don't think I'll have a partner

:phone:

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
Hey can someone bring their copy of SUPER SMASH BROTHERS FOR 64? We will give you $5 off your first entry. Please make sure it works tho :) Thanks!!!! Cya guys tomorrow!

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
We actually need 2 copies of the game for 64. So if someone can bring those that would be most helpful!!

OH "BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have the standard controllers!! SO BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS!!!!!

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
Also the Payout structure was wrong and that was my fault it is as follows:

Melee $300 cash payout

Brawl $100 cash payout

Smash $100 cash payout

SO YEA $500 CASH PAYOUT!!!! WOOT!!! CYA TOMORROW!!

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS!

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
WOW..You guys are awesome!!! What a great turnout!! Thank you so much to EVERYONE that came out to represent the Smash Brothers community. We had about 32 guys total and it seemed everyone had some fun!! We were honored to meet you, some new guys and see some of our regulars back. Rest assure NOS will be very happy about this and you can look forward to some bigger and better turnouts in the near future!!!

Good stuff guys!! Cya soon!

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
i think melee results were:

1.TOPE :sheik:
2. TAKI :fox:
3. RESIDE :popo:
4. SWAG :sheik:
5. VUDUJIN :luigi:
5. CARROLL :marth:

might be proven wrong. although i "think" im right.
wish i knew the rest.
and i hope a results thread will be up

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fun tourney, nice to finish before 5 PM

Thanks for the money NOZ :D

(drinks were pretty tasty too)

Reside

Smash Apprentice
silentSWAG:
Ya my tag is reside (IC's)

But ya was fun all around, fun friendlies!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo, Gio obviously got scared, and I don't blame him for that, but he shouldn't talk **** in the first place if he's not gonna show up for fear of losing a Benjamin.

Owell, $100 is enough.

Also, Ahmad probably isn't on smashboards, but if you are- Shoutout to that Pikachu. You were the only thing that stood between Champaign and sweeping the podium.

Top Bottom