• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers, together we must cleanse Basic Brawl

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Complacency and banality festers in the hearts of gamers everywhere. A faceless menace now takes shape. Their ranks grow with every defector; our numbers shrink with every deserter. Borne of hopelessness and inadequacy, the enemy now poises itself to envelop all that is good and true in the viscous bile of misguided aggression.

But all is not lost for those with the will to stand and fight. Knowing your enemy is the quickest path to victory.

Know this: where there is strength in numbers there is personal weakness. They know this; that is why their first objective is Hyrule Temple. They seek it with all desperation and they will use any and all means necessary to claim it. If they are successful, you must be prepared to use Sonic, R.O.B., Pit, Fox, or any number of fast/flying characters capable of temple pursuit depending on their proficiency in cowardice.

Fight with all fervor, but do not be so quick to reveal your main. Until there is dire need for it, keep your greatest weapon in concealment. If you find yourself losing with consistency, lick your wounds and switch characters.

If their numbers are too great and/or you simply cannot win, you must withdraw. You are no good to us KO'd.

Lastly, you must be prepared for anything. Try to verse yourself in as many characters and stages as possible in accordance with your skill level. Choosing Random is ever a noble call, but be aware that you may get Peach three times.

Fight! Use taunts wisely, hold no punches (especially Falcon Punches) and remain steadfast in your charge. Fight until they are utterly vanquished and quit Brawl forever. Spamming projectiles and other moves such as Ether is a good idea because they are likely to blame Brawl in lieu of blocking/punishing.

Rudra

Smash Ace
That's how Basic Brawl should be played imo, but that doesn't mean that some random won't go turning items on and having CPUs running all over the place.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
CPU's is a major :ouch: but I'm getting more full games than I used to.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
I would follow this man to Hell and back if it were to have some kind of actual effect on the failure that is basic brawl.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So you're telling us to try to beat all the n00bs on Basic Brawl? It would be a very...hard fight to win. I doubt we could cleanse the evil on Basic Brawl.

But, there is a chance. If you get this all organized, for example all of us going on at a certain time and destroying all n00bs across our path, with a special code for every character, like say all Sonic's are wearing whitewristbands, etc.

Good luck.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this just isn't worth it. Most of the noobs use Ike and take advantage of the lag, and if you do happen to show any skill you will be destroyed by the avalanche of failure dealt upon you by the undesirables. Unfortunately fighting the online fight is fighting a losing battle, that's why we organize tournaments, so that we can root out those who do not truly understand the majesty and art of this peculiar form of combat.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Ah, such as the warriors of Smash, calling on his brothers to noble action...

Face it, there's no way you can clean something like this up. Instead of relying on the ways of thy noble sword, rely on the ways of lady luck. Just get out and see if you get other people.

Or, there is another way. To thy fellow knights! Onwards to Team Battle!

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Ah, now team battle we doth stand the chance to bring retribution towards the inadequacies of our cursed opponents. A battle against two inexperienced heathens is more hopeful than that of a clash against three tempered losers.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Ah, now team battle we doth stand the chance to bring retribution towards the inadequacies of our cursed opponents. A battle against two inexperienced heathens is more hopeful than that of a clash against three tempered losers.
I don't know about you, but I usually get some good opponents for heated 2 on 2 battles!
Losers? ...Yes, true XD But there is a saying called "live and let die". Basic Brawl has an incurable cancer. So what do you do? Jump ship to the next victim such as Team Battle!

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Team Battle is ever a haven for us. For now, keep practicing and venture into enemy lands at your discretion. Perhaps we will fight side by side in the near future.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Or we could exchange friend codes and fight a little less randomly.

Actually I've notice the team brawl competition to be better than the normal brawl. I tend to stay with Team Brawl.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Basic Brawl is too broken to be fixed.
<_< ....
Like meta-*shot*

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
We should totally go Gundam00, make a group called the Smash Meisters, and perform armed interventions upon those who butcher this game. I'm up for it.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
Basic brawl is bad. really, really bad. I go there to taunt on the temple and since 10 year olds don't know how to avoid getting gimped: Sonics back throw + Sonic's back air + Edgehog = win. It's just too easy. You'll find a good player sometimes, but good players seem to be more common in team battle.

If you see a black Sonic going to the bottom of the temple to taunt immediately at the start of the match, it's me.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
We should actually take the battle to their turf. Purposely pick the Temple with the intent on showing them just how easy it is to pursue and smite them.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Sir, do you think our enemy have the mental aptitudes to realise that they are outskilled 1on1 against a good player? I have the feeling that after managing to avoid facing the ocasional skilled Brawler in a basic brawl and winning by KO'ing the weaker opponents, they place themselves above everyone in the group and completely forget about how badly you beat them up once you got them cornered.

1on1 combat abilities seem fairly useless when venturing in basic brawl, I can't seem to pull off anything very good when there is an ice climbers and Falco spamming B and side B while a Toon Link jump around with an occassional dair while waiting for a smashball or another game-breaking item.

(on the bright side, recently I was with 2 taunters and then a Link joined and started fighting... pretty poorly. The next game I picked Snake and knee-locked him for almost the whole match, killing him in the last 10 seconds, he quit afterward)

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥If Having Taunt Parties On Hyrule Temple Is Evil...

♥Then I'm the Evil Queen of Darkness! ;)

Moosetracks

Smash Cadet
I won't have to worry about this once the FF is back.... The replacement is waayy too much trouble to be worth the time....

The thing I mainly don't like about Basic Brawl.... is it's all about time matches..... why time? Almost everyone prefers stock over time so WHY, WHY TIME!?

Sonikku the Pikachu

Smash Rookie
"The thing I mainly don't like about Basic Brawl.... is it's all about time matches..... why time? Almost everyone prefers stock over time so WHY, WHY TIME!?[/QUOTE]"

this is Sakurai's way of saying"ha ha!No stock matches for you!take that stock only players!(I know this didn't make sence)

Denzi

Smash Master
wow this is the best idea ever. We all need to be one character...like Captain Falcon. And smite all of the n00bs away!
No... first we get them to show us their moves... and then, after taking all they have to throw at us, knee them in the face!

mc4

Smash Journeyman
yeah i agree, i don't really like basic. to this day i still don't know which player decides the stage and if items are on or not. and that 2 minute nonsense is ridiculous. you have to wait a good ten minutes to connect to the other three players and another minute to start the match. i guess that's why its free tho. i honestly wouldn't mind paying a little money for better online but until then (should it ever happen) for good matches we just have to really on friend codes which isn't all that bad, you just have to have alot of codes are call up your friends when you wanna play since finding people online can be tough...

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
I have been doing my part in cleansing Basic Brawl with Wolf and Lucario. Lucario more than Wolf seeing as he has had the pleasure of fighting on Hyrule Temple a few more times than Wolf, and has beaten a number of people on Basic Brawl there.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Ike Day - Saturday, November 14

In honor of Brawl's first "god tier" fighter (who isn't MK), I call upon the brave to lay waste to all who would challenge the might of Ragnell.

Ike players come in all denominations. Whether your message is one of peace or you seek to exact justice upon the wicked, or perhaps you fight only for kingdom and country. Or is it the pursuit of higher knowledge that drives you? Or maybe your humble origins are your weapons in battle?

Remember, the element of surprise is yours, for in actuality, every day is Ike Day on Basic Brawl. You will find much cover among the gaggle of f-smash/neutral-air spammers.

Top Bottom