• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I sincerely wish that Pac's supporters won't take this as me saying that Pac won't have any moveset potential (because I'm sure he does - in anycase Sakurai and his team will make it even more apparent in this game)

Anyway:

#TeamPacLloydTagTeam

As in PacMan and Lloyd sharing a moveset and a 3rd Party Namco-spot. Mostly because lulz on both sides of the fanbases.

It's been a long time I talked about Lloyd Irving by the way

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Hmm palutena now that i think about it she doesn't show a clear power like viridi over nature and well hades over souls and underworld stuff
She kinda like the goddess of random powers to be honest

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hmm palutena now that i think about it she doesn't show a clear power like viridi over nature and well hades over souls and underworld stuff
She kinda like the goddess of random powers to be honest
She's the Goddess of light, her actual abilities should be light based.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'd find it to be quite amusing if Bowser Jr. showed up, and started vandalizing everything with his brush. It'll be sweet revenge for not being accepted into Brawl.

Better do it quickly then, so he can plan his revenge for not getting into 4 either.
That isn't necessarily relevant precedent; I already stated why, it can be found above.
Nah, I think that we'll get all seven Koopalings revealed as the remaining newcomers in this next direct.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
#TeamMomentumAndCombos

I'm not even kidding, you could have the most amazing roster in the world but it wouldn't mean much if the game ended up being another Brawl. I just want gameplay that's good enough to reunite our community.
Add me to this if its a real thing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I personally think there's going to be one megaton character reveal just because of the circumstances surrounding this Direct with it, at the time of release, being 46 days since the last character (6 days longer than the old record), it being focused exclusively on Smash, the fact that they gave everyone half a week's notice, and the fact that they stressing that this is meant to be an international Direct. I said Mewtwo or Ridley earlier and I'm pretty much sticking with that because, as far as hype goes, no body comes close to matching them (except maybe K. Rool) especially since Little Mac has already been revealed. 20 minutes is a lot of time to focus on one game and, if we go back on past trailer length averages, two new character trailers would only take up about a 1/5th of the overall Direct and even an unlikely third trailer would still be less than 1/3rd.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I got super excited today because I lost track of time and thought it was Sunday already. Asked my roommate what day it was and then got all sad again when I realized it was still Saturday. :(

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally think there's going to be one megaton character reveal just because of the circumstances surrounding this Direct with it, at the time of release, being 46 days since the last character (6 days longer than the old record), it being focused exclusively on Smash, the fact that they gave everyone half a week's notice, and the fact that they stressing that this is meant to be an international Direct. I said Mewtwo or Ridley earlier and I'm pretty much sticking with that because, as far as hype goes, no body comes close to matching them (except maybe K. Rool) especially since Little Mac has already been revealed. 20 minutes is a lot of time to focus on one game and, if we go back on past trailer length averages, two new character trailers would only take up about a 1/5th of the overall Direct and even an unlikely third trailer would still be less than 1/3rd.
Indeed. Which brings me to the following question of ow do 3DS & Wii U-versions truly differ from each other. And hopefully lots and lots of insight on the game itself.

Also for the users out there, haven't ever been in a game-specific Direct before, what has usually been done in those? Can we also expect those in this one?

Last edited:

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
I'm not usually the type of person to say "if they just announce blank, I'm fine", but oh my god, if they release a downloadable demo after the Direct.

oh
MY
GOD
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Also for the users out there, haven't ever been in a game-specific Direct before, what has usually been done in those? Can we also expect those in this one?
I only watched the Pikmin 3 one and it was boring as hell but well, it was Pikmin 3. Miyamoto was in a nice room though, it wasn't that same old blank wall Iwata usually uses.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I'm not usually the type of person to say "if they just announce blank, I'm fine", but oh my god, if they release a downloadable demo after the Direct.

oh
MY
GOD
Nope.

It is not gonna happen, kill that line of thought now

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Pokémon X & Y one in September revealed Pokébank, that you can get the Kanto starters in the game, and it also revealed their respective Mega Evolutions (except for Mega Charizard X.) It wasted a lot of time talking about the history of the franchise though, which I hope won't be the case with this one.

It's pretty hard to compare though, I'm sure each developer does things differently in terms of presentation.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

oh
MY
GOD
If only that were true, but considering that Mario Kart 8 doesn't have a downloadable demo, I wouldn't bet on it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think Mewtwo is perhaps the best E3 reveal. The reveal would cause so much hype that Microsoft, Sony et al would start packing up and heading home because they won't be able to top that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Big reminder to all BTW.

No Subspace Emissary or other kinds of "leeches" this time in this game - and the game's been under development since 2012 (Summer, I think)

This means that even if it might be somewhat straigtforward, we'll definitely see more quality than before in the modes that many of us found mediocre before. (Stage Builder, Brawl's Target Tests, Coin Launcher, etc.)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Trailers vary in length anyway, Wii Fit Trainer's one was just of one minute.
The reason for that is probably because they had to get three trailers ready, one of them being the main trailer at that. Both Rosalina and Little Mac's have been over 2 minutes, so it'll probably be around that time too.

Add me to this if its a real thing.
Same here.

Thread is getting dull though, may have to make a game out of it. Every post I make imma do 5-10 push-ups. Starting now.

I just can't wait to see the game in action. I also can't wait for the wavering suicidal pessimism from spoiled 14 year olds who have had their exceedingly high expectations crushed. =D

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
Nope.

It is not gonna happen, kill that line of thought now
I know, but just the thought of Iwata or Sakurai saying that is making my hands shake with hype. Oh well, time to take this Old Yeller of a thought into the woods and put it down. :c

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Moreso this:

Not often are me and chu in agreement.

Is it really gonna matter who is on what team? As long as we get a generally popular newcomer revealed, many people are going to jump to having secretly supported the "winning" team all along anyway. :rolleyes:
I know right?
Thats why eveyone should jump on
#Team RealTalk

Its the only Real team tbh.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I would agree with this sentiment if E3 wasn't literally just 2 months away. Haha.

Big reminder to all BTW.

No Subspace Emissary or other kinds of "leeches" this time in this game - and the game's been under development since 2012 (Summer, I think)

This means that even if it might be somewhat straigtforward, we'll definitely see more quality than before in the modes that many of us found mediocre before. (Stage Builder, Brawl's Target Tests, Coin Launcher, etc.)
Actually it's been in development since January of 2012. Started after he finished uprising.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've noticed that it's not really NINTENDO who'd release Demos. The closest to do that are their subsidiaries. (So far Intelligent Systems with Awakening, GameFreak with Harmoknight and Platinum Games with Wonderful 101.)

Demos are more of a 3rd Party-thing, as I've seen...

So yeah, don't really count on SSB-getting a demo, unless Nintendo decides to break the mold first time.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I can't believe this, this direct actually makes me want the weekends to go away faster. Forget Saturday, Sunday, and Monday's pic of the day. Why can't it be Tuesday? Why must you announce this 4 DAYS in advance instead of the usual 1 day notification?

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think Mewtwo is perhaps the best E3 reveal. The reveal would cause so much hype that Microsoft, Sony et al would start packing up and heading home because they won't be able to top that.
Top that with Zelda Wii U, which we know for a fact we are going to see, a new Metroid game(possibly), whatever Game Freak has been working at for Wii U(Pokken Fighters? or maybe a main series Pokemon game), seeing more of X, Sonic Boom, and Miyamoto's new I.P., Sony and Microsoft will be crying so hard it would seem like they are playing Mother 3 :)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wow, Ive never been this disappointed in a weekend.
I can't believe this, this direct actually makes me want the weekends to go away faster. Forget Saturday, Sunday, and Monday's pic of the day. Why can't it be Tuesday? Why must you announce this 4 DAYS in advance instead of the usual 1 day notification?
I feel you, and to top it off, I got sick.
#MyBodyIsNotReady

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My sentiments as well... No matter who we get it's gonna be a big one for sure.

Maybe even multiple reveals.

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
Gonoji said:
I have high hopes for a demo as well, but if the release date is farther than expected, I don't really see one coming.

Top Bottom