• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
More random tidbits:

I'd only want Bayonetta in this game EXCLUSIVELY for the music.

I just noticed how similar Villager looks compared to a generic Mii. So I really, really don't want Miis. But again, I think they are super inevitable. I need to build myself up for that disappointment when they are revealed.

The direct time works out perfectly, right after my driving lesson!
What if "customization" means you can change the look of Villager to be like your Mii? That way they can satisfy people who want to put themselves in the game without having to come up with a moveset for Miis. This would also save a newcomer slot (assuming there are a limited number of newcomer slots available/desired by Sakurai).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I tend to favor characters based on their moveset potential. Little Mac is anything but generic as we've yet to see Sakurai's take on a boxer type character.
So characters you like/know = not generic
characters you don't like/know = generic

Basically.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The Three Pics of the Days Before the Direct.

1: A Picture of Samus and MegaMan aiming their Arm Cannons towards Toad. Samus: "Where is the Direct?!" MegaMan: "Tell us, and no one will get hurt but you!"
2: A Picture of Sonic running at Max Speed, with Bowser running behind him. Bowser: "Must hurry, pant pant, to the Nintendo Direct, pant pant!" Sonic: "You're too Slow!"
3: A Picture of the Spirit Tracks stage, with Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu being on the train. "All Aboard The Hype Train!"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Palutena is added then this'll be the smash that added the most individual females.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Hmm out of all the kid icarus character i would want hades but very few people support him for whatever reason.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The Three Pics of the Days Before the Direct.

1: A Picture of Samus and MegaMan aiming their Arm Cannons towards Toad. Samus: "Where is the Direct?!" MegaMan: "Tell us, and no one will get hurt but you!"
2: A Picture of Sonic running at Max Speed, with Bowser running behind him. Bowser: "Must hurry, pant pant, to the Nintendo Direct, pant pant!" Sonic: "You're too Slow!"
3: A Picture of the Spirit Tracks stage, with Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu being on the train. "All Aboard The Hype Train!"
There's only 2 pics to the direct, not three.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If Palutena is added then this'll be the smash that added the most individual females.
Really? Hmm. Let's see...

64: Samus and arguably Jigglypuff.

Melee: Peach, Zelda/Sheik (counting them as one person)

Brawl: Zero Suit Samus

4: Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Palutena.

Yeah, you're right.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
What if "customization" means you can change the look of Villager to be like your Mii? That way they can satisfy people who want to put themselves in the game without having to come up with a moveset for Miis. This would also save a newcomer slot (assuming there are a limited number of newcomer slots available/desired by Sakurai).
Customizable Villager would be a better alternative to Miis...actually, yeah, I like this idea. I mean, the only way I could stomach Miis is if they had a customizable moveset anyways (I'd flip if it was a sports moveset...Waluigi would be better for that and that's saying something)

I'll be honest though, I won't be playing Villager much anyways. Least favorite newcomer, since I don't like Animal Crossing at all.

Imo, Little Mac>Mega Man>WFT>Rosalina>Villager.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Yeah, you're right.
I qualified them as indiviual so Sheik, Zamus and Nana didn't muddy things

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I qualified them as indiviual so Sheik, Zamus and Nana didn't muddy things
Ah, I see. Either way, you're right. Which is cool. I like female fighters in Smash.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There's only pics to the direct, not three.
I Think you forgot to say 'two' there. ^^

And no, there's Three. One for Monday, one for Tuesday, and one for Wednesday. There's Always a Pic of the Day on the same day as Directs, and I doubt it will be different this time.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
64 had Samus.

Melee had Peach, Zelda, Marth and Sheik. I'm counting Sheik as her own.

Brawl had Zero Suit Samus.

This game, we have WFT and Rosalina. However, there are multiple females that can be included:
  • Palutena
  • Dixie Kong
  • Lucina
  • Robin
  • Lip
  • Tetra/Toon Zelda
  • To a lesser extent, Krystal.

And no, there's Three. One for Monday, one for Tuesday, and one for Wednesday. There's Always a Pic of the Day on the same day as Directs, and I doubt it will be different this time.
It depends on where you live. Like, I live in EST. I'll have a Monday and Tuesday pic. Sakurai will update my Tuesday pic with some picture with whoever we have revealed, and that will probably count as Wednesday's, since he updated it on Wednesday.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
64 had Samus.

Melee had Peach, Zelda, Marth and Sheik. I'm counting Sheik as her own.

Brawl had Zero Suit Samus.

This game, we have WFT and Rosalina. However, there are multiple females that can be included:
  • Palutena
  • Dixie Kong
  • Lucina
  • Robin
  • Lip
  • Tetra/Toon Zelda
  • To a lesser extent, Krystal.

It depends on where you live. Like, I live in EST. I'll have a Monday and Tuesday pic. Sakurai will update my Tuesday pic with some picture with whoever we have revealed, and that will probably count as Wednesday's, since he updated it on Wednesday.
True, but he will still post Three Pics of the Day Before the Direct starts (unless he completely ignores the PotD until after the direct, which I doubt), right?

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Hmm out of all the kid icarus character i would want hades but very few people support him for whatever reason.
when it came to Brawl when do people knew how many characters there were before release?

what about Thanatos instead? he'll make a more interesting addition I think.
Lol almost everybody in the KI U had alot of personality but i would like the major bad guy of the game personally.
(" I guess its time for the underworld to join the fray pitty. .... Shot anything that moves.")
One of his best lines xd

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only females I want are Dixie Kong and Palutena. I hope both of them get in.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As reluctant as I am about having Miis joining the roster, I've readied my body for their highly possible reveal.

Other than that i'm just really looking forward to seeing the game in motion. We've had tidbits of signs pointing to increased game speed and increased gravity, but i just want to see it. Trailers, and text isn't going to cut it! Maybe we'll end up having to wait until E3 to see off TV vids on youtube of SSB4 matches, but i'm looking forward to seeing the game!

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
True, but he will still post Three Pics of the Day Before the Direct starts (unless he completely ignores the PotD until after the direct, which I doubt), right?
We will get two. The direct is on tuesday, one for Monday, one for tuesday, though I guess Wednesday's might come early.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, Monday and Tuesday are pics for sure. Since on one side of the world, the direct is Tuesday, while the other is Wednesday, it will mess people up. People who watch it on Tuesday, since it is in their timezone to watch it on Tuesday, will get an update later that night on Tuesday that will count as Wednesday's pic of the day, since it'd be Wednesday where Sakurai was.

When Little Mac was revealed on Thursday (for people in the West at least), Sakurai updated the pic of the day that day for us, on that Thursday night. However, it counted as Friday's pic of the day since it was Friday already for him.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, Monday and Tuesday are pics for sure. Since on one side of the world, the direct is Tuesday, while the other is Wednesday, it will mess people up. People who watch it on Tuesday, since it is in their timezone to watch it on Tuesday, will get an update later that night on Tuesday that will count as Wednesday's pic of the day, since it'd be Wednesday where Sakurai was.

When Little Mac was revealed on Thursday (for people in the West at least), Sakurai updated the pic of the day that day for us, on that Thursday night. However, it counted as Friday's pic of the day since it was Friday already for him.
I... I guess that makes sense. I really, really suck at Time zones, lol. Sorry. :)

Oh well, there will be Three pics for me, at least. So, in some magical way, I get more pics than you guys do. ;P

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe he wants us to prepare our wallets because the game will be released soon.
Maybe he wants us to prepare our consoles because of a demo coming soon.
Or maybe he just wants us to know ahead of time because the usual direct warning isn't enough for some people.
Or he wants us to stock up on water-based lubricants because it doesn't hurt to prepare our anuses. :troll:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
The only females I want are Dixie Kong and Palutena. I hope both of them get in.
Would Dixie be a Diddy semi-clone? I mean, I know she wouldn't use the peanut gun, and would likely use her hair as a recovery move, but her fighting style would be the same or similar, wouldn't it?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Would Dixie be a Diddy semi-clone? I mean, I know she wouldn't use the peanut gun, and would likely use her hair as a recovery move, but her fighting style would be the same or similar, wouldn't it?
Sakurai would surprise us, he always does.

Dixie at this Direct? Maybe. Both of the other Kongs are here for her, we very well just might see her.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just like how Rosalina would be the same or similar to Peach, right? :awesome:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Marth and Ike are pretty boys with blue hair, and only use a sword. Are they clones? ^^ Nope, they share one single attack, being their obvious Down Special. Dixie has a LOT more unique things for her than either FE swordsman has to eachother. So, no, she can extremely easily have a very unique moveset. :)

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Honestly, I hope you are all correct, and that if Dixie is in the game she has a distinct moveset that sets her apart from other fighters. I was disappointed when Roy was cut from Brawl simply for being a Marth clone when they could have done so much more with him to make him a unique addition to the roster. Maybe it would have been enough to make him worth keeping.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

isn't the direct on Tuesday?

why would we get Wednesday's pic before the direct? wut?

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
So characters you like/know = not generic
characters you don't like/know = generic

Basically.
That's not it at all. I'd love to have an actual discussion on the potential of both characters but it's hard to do that when you keep putting words and strawmen in my mouth.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That's not it at all. I'd love to have an actual discussion on the potential of both characters but it's hard to do that when you keep putting words and strawmen in my mouth.
It's even harder when you're discussing with someone who says that Shulk is boring even though he doesn't know **** about Shulk.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
It's even harder when you're discussing with someone who says that Shulk is boring even though he doesn't know **** about Shulk.
well i personally think shulk is boring. buts thats because iv played way 2 many rpgs and read much to much manga iv seen his personality like 63 times before. I also hated the bad story writing in game but thats me.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
The only way that this smash direct can disappoint is if they show only Mii as newcomer.....

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, you're right.
Still pretty likely that Villager will have female alts as well, as keeping with canon within the series. I'd give a 1/2 point for Nana too.

Top Bottom