• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If we do have a demo, it's going to have a limited amount of times you can play it. I'll want to cherish it as long as possible and save all my tries, so I probably would never play it then.

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
Actually it's been in development since January of 2012. Started after he finished uprising.
I believe Brawl stared development in October 2005, and ended about 2 years later in October 2007. Melee was 13 months, with no specific months mentioned (I'm gonna guess it started late summer 2000 and ended in September 2001 approximately). Wii U/3DS started January/February 2012, and now it's 2 years later. Despite slowdown of development with Sakurai's arm, I think Bamco has sped up the process a lot, so it evens out. The game is probably near completion and Sakurai doesn't want to reveal the other half of the game.
Of course, I keep having to tell myself all of this so the game will come out sooner. ;_;

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
If we do have a demo, it's going to have a limited amount of times you can play it. I'll want to cherish it as long as possible and save all my tries, so I probably would never play it then.
Last play.

I WILL NEVER TURN MY WII U OFF

It'd be so nice if we got a demo, but it might spoil the game for me. Just playing it and feeling the mechanics would make the end product feel less new.

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
I really don't know what to expect myself. I would say there's definitely going to be a newcomer reveal, maybe two, but any more would just be wishful thinking. I also think we're going to see the various in-depth aspects and new features this entry brings to the table, such as new modes, a look at the adventure mode we've only seen one image of, and maybe some things none of us could expect!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I know expectations should be low, but if there were 2 newcomers revealed, how would you guys like it?

1. The lesser hype character at the beginning and the greater hype character at the end?
2. The greater hype character at the beginning and the lesser hype character at end?
3. Two trailers side by side?
4. One big trailer revealing multiple newcomers?
5. Another option?

Personally I like option 4 the most, (even if it means less trailer goodness).
Option 1 is pretty good as well though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Brawl actually had two demos, one at E for All 2007, and another in Japan two weeks before release.
Alriight.

Still wonder would that really contribute to the demo's likeliness.

Now, what to talk about...

Waiiiiit....!!

*Boots up his Majora's Mask*

Last edited:
I believe Brawl stared development in October 2005, and ended about 2 years later in October 2007. Melee was 13 months, with no specific months mentioned (I'm gonna guess it started late summer 2000 and ended in September 2001 approximately). Wii U/3DS started January/February 2012, and now it's 2 years later. Despite slowdown of development with Sakurai's arm, I think Bamco has sped up the process a lot, so it evens out. The game is probably near completion and Sakurai doesn't want to reveal the other half of the game.
Of course, I keep having to tell myself all of this so the game will come out sooner. ;_;
Sounds about right. Considering the lack of Subspace and huge experienced development team this game should essentially be finished for the most part. I pray that it's soon because depending on Tuesday's announcement I may or may not buy my Wii U the following weekend since I get payed on Monday. Then again, if I see Captain Falcon I might just buy it out of sheer excitement.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I know expectations should be low, but if there were 2 newcomers revealed, how would you guys like it?

1. The lesser hype character at the beginning and the greater hype character at the end?
2. The greater hype character at the beginning and the lesser hype character at end?
5. Another option?

Option 1 Please.

Morbi

Scavenger
Having limited uses would piss me off to no end
What do you expect out of a Demo? Surely not the traditional definition of a Demo?! Nintendo's form of Demo is much more practical. I love having limited uses; it makes it feel special, like the time we had to actually spend quarters at the arcade.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And knowing how the demos operate, it won't matter if you tried to redownload the demo.
Yeah, sadly. I mean, if you were REALLY adamant about it, you could delete your Nintendo Network ID, and redownload it that way.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
lol i think it would be pretty awesome to pass save data to the original if there is a demo and if there is a save feature in it.

lol i just noticed that I start almost every post with lol.....lol

Last edited:

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
***"Finally, I'd like to end with saying Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will have a demo on the Nintendo eShop after this Direct. However, the demo will only have Mario and Mii on Battlefield. It will also only have three uses. Oh, and it is only a video. Please understand. Thank you for watching." (waves, fades out)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

5. Another option?

Option 1 for sure, would make the Direct flow much better in general. Start with a bang, finish with an even bigger bang.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Anybody waiting for some Kung Fu Cut Man-remix in the Wily Stage? Wondering if it'll be put in the Direct as it showcases fighters duking out on Wily Fortress.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I remember seeing one demo that had unlimited uses. One....... And it was a 3DS Demo......
I remember as well. I think it was Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

Yeah that was it.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder if Sakurai and his development team will do what MK8 did and just polish already good game to brim with detail and dedication.' MK8 evoked the inner child in me because how many amazing things it brought in and how it reminded me how I fell in love with Mario kart at first place. In fact, I never felt that in the last installments.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
"Finally, eyed like tu eand wiff sayeng Supah Sumashu Brozzaz fo Wee Yu wir have ah deh-moh on de Neen-ten-doh ee Shop afta thes Dierect. Howevah, thuh dehmo will onry have Mareeoh and Mee on Battorufield. It wirr also only have suri uses. Oh, and it es only a videeoh. Prease undastand. Thank yu fo watching." (waves, fades out)
Im pretty sure this is racist. But i literally can't comprehend what was said in this post. its literally way above me or way below....or even on such a close wave length with me that im rejecting its existence like a reflection of myself... or am i the reflection......HOLY SHI

Morbi

Scavenger
Thank god! Lets hope for 1,2 or maybe even 3 character reveals like e3. I predict that Palutena and Ridley will be revealed.
That would be practical. 3 character reveals on the Direct; 3 or 4 at E3. Maybe they should also reveal 3 characters during the time period in between?! GENIUS!

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
Im pretty sure this is racist. But i literally can't comprehend what was said in this post. its literally way above me or way below....or even on such a close wave length with me that im rejecting its existence like a reflection of myself... or am i the reflection......HOLY SHI
Lol, I'm just kidding. I love Iwata, I have tons of respect for him. But you have to admit, he really does talk like that. And that also sounds like one of the many disappointing ways he would end a Direct.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Option 1 Please.
Option 1 for sure, would make the Direct flow much better in general. Start with a bang, finish with an even bigger bang.
Though, with option 1, that means we won't get an in-depth look of the character revealed at the end until probably E3. Where we would have to rely on POTDs for information until then. (All of this assuming we are getting a deeper look at the previously revealed newcomers to begin with).

Still, would certainly be hype-worthy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom