• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros at Niko's Returns! March 14, 2009. (SBaN #8!)

J.L

Smash Ace
i think just 4 ppl for now. We got exams and stuff in April, so nothing is for sure yet. But most likely we will be coming down for the next biweekly. Look out Niagra!!

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lol I am going to get *****. I don't even play Melee anymore. Though I do feel its a superior game.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
5 people, stages we can discuss at the tourney...... and the humour of the last question is lost on me lol

J.L

Smash Ace
it says "As of right now these will be friendly tournaments. Tournaments with a pot will start AFTER our 3rd biweekly. "

so is April 19th a tournament with pot or not pot? just confirming thx

Percon

Smash Lord
We're thinking there'll be a pot. It's technically the third, but since they're being delayed so much we're going ahead with it anyway.

Which reminds me, Niko and I were wondering if you guys (Niagara or elsewhere) would rather:

Option A) 10$ into the pot

Option B) 5$ into the pot, then 5$ to chip in for food for everyone

Or maybe something else - we're open to suggestions.

Oh, and 500th post. Go me.

J.L

Smash Ace
hmm at C 3's tournaments we usually go with $10 entrance fee, and everyone chips in money for pizza on top of that. I dont really care tbh, but thats usually how we run things.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ive decided that it WILL be 10 dollars all into the pot. You can get your own food at christinas pizza but I will be feeding those who are spending the night, its the golden rule.

J.L

Smash Ace
btw how many ppl are gonna be in ur crew? and who>?

if possible i would like to leave on that night because i still have stuff to do ie. exams. But if everyone decides to stay, i wouldnt mind staying as well.

D

Deleted member

nate if im going this were gonna be

TEAM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C 3

Smash Ace
btw how many ppl are gonna be in ur crew? and who>?

if possible i would like to leave on that night because i still have stuff to do ie. exams. But if everyone decides to stay, i wouldnt mind staying as well.
I would prefer to leave that night also, but sleeping there would be cool.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
5 people, stages we can discuss at the tourney...... and the humour of the last question is lost on me lol
To Miller

A.K.A. Miller combo

Description:

Previously know as a Suicide or SD, a "Miller Combo" is the act of killing one's self in the realm of video gaming.

It is often associated with killing yourself at very low percentages based on various errors that the player may have made and is often followed by the phrase "Did it for the LAWLS". A common occurance in heated battles of the Smash Brothers universe, the game can force players to make split second decisions that ultimately lead to their demise.

It was named after its founder, Corey Miller, who has been known on multiple occasions to combo himself into submission. Not helping the matters of this name, Corey is also an "emo kid", which are usually associated with crying, self mutilation and suicide attempts.

Hope that clears up his Miller joke... and I hope that gets on smash wiki.

To Miller: Dude if "Miller Combo" became a standard saying you will go down is Smash History!

Miller

Smash Lord
Dude, its I did it for the Lulz

And the Epic Miller combo is when I unplug your controller then run off the stage, It just adds a little flare to the mix ;)

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
yo guys whats up?

Can I get the link to point system for our tri weeklies?

Btw, anyone want to smash Friday?

Also, if the Toronto guys are not staying then shot on staying at Nikos, if thats cool with Niko. Lolol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
So my and the peeps have a few questions.

1 - Is there doubles? Because we're all prepped and practiced for 2-0n-2 shiet. Would be a shame if there wasn't a doubles portion of the day.

2 - Crews is still on, right? For money or without, it doesn't really matter. It would just be really fun to fit it in somewhere.

3 - Are you willing to try and fit the above mentioned + singles all in the same day?

Percon

Smash Lord
So my and the peeps have a few questions.

1 - Is there doubles? Because we're all prepped and practiced for 2-0n-2 shiet. Would be a shame if there wasn't a doubles portion of the day.

2 - Crews is still on, right? For money or without, it doesn't really matter. It would just be really fun to fit it in somewhere.

3 - Are you willing to try and fit the above mentioned + singles all in the same day?
1) Yes, though it's the first time there'll be doubles at the Triweekly. We recognize it's very popular even though we don't play doubles too much.

2) Yeah, not sure if it's with money, it'll occur after everything else is done. Should be good fun!

3) Yeah. We've got a lot of time to do all of it and I don't think it's big enough for pools and stuff so it shouldn't take too long.

I'm pretty sure that's the gist of it. Niko will have to confirm, though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
also. We must have numerous 3d dittos for Pink costume supremacy. I play Diddy, PT, 3D.

Anyone else interested in getting random friendlies in?

Percon

Smash Lord
Well, naturally. It's been, what, 6 months since I saw you last? Of course I want to clock in tons of games with you and the rest of the GTA/Sauga bunch.

I also just might take out my LEGENDARY brawl falcon for friendlies (lololol not really)

D

Deleted member

Soo. Obviously the people going to this aren't going to Saugas event?

Well, if no one is going to that, and the rides are all taken up for this, I guess I'm not going anywhere saturday.

Oh well. :(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Jake...

there still might be room. We haven't talked to Charles in a few days about the trip, or have heard from him about it either. If he decides not to come I guess you get his spot.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Everything max said I can confirm. There will be doubles and man is there tons of time for friendlies. My parents don't care what time people stay until so we pretty much have until you leave.

Jake, I can open up my teleporter here and you can make your way alright?

Also! For dinner I highly recommend everyone pitches some money on one of St.Catharines' only delicacy. TACO PIZZA!!!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
If that **** is anything like Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza.. man you're just pitching in for 30 minutes in the can.

Also, I read stuffz about the Sauga event lol.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I can guarentee you that the quality of this pizza far surpasses anything taco bell can produce.

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's today! Nate I think You and I need to redo our shift Bo5 we had at your house that day. We all know who truly deserved to win :p

Everyone bring their best game and boy this is going to be stiff! Kind of like me at the moment....

Top Bottom