• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros at Niko's Returns! March 14, 2009. (SBaN #8!)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Good luck with the Biweeklies guys. I think through some of your cycles you should hit up the C3CW Biweeklies. I recall looking through the results thread and seeing a lot of people playing. Good to see.

Miller

Smash Lord
We still have to figure out how were going to get each bi weekly on separate weeks, I know Niko cant have one two weeks in a row, and we'll be having a 3 week break, and i don't want another one. Ask C3 to do it two weeks in a row and then they'd be on separate weeks

Niko_K

Smash Master
Just a reminder the biweekly is this saturday at my place. Make sure you show up and bring your own controller.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yes... good show, everyone!

Shouts:

Miller: MILLLERRRR... you surprised a lot of people today. Keep up the good work with ICs and Ike. I'm kinda used to your Ike playstyle, though, so stick with ICs when playing me. Your Ike works well on others, though. <3 Gonna help you get better.

Niko: Our matches were pretty close, man. You're getting better every time I play you. Gonna bust out my Dedede on you next time and see how that goes.

Kevin: LOL WTF eat next time before you play. K? I think you could've done a lot better. Pikachu a bit more, maybe?

Mike: SICK TL. I gotta stick with snake against you or else I'm in trouble. Thanks for showing up!

Rob: You did much better than last time. Pika more, and I'd feel tempted to bust out Sonic next Biweekly if I were you. Nicely played.

Mark: Didn't play you. :( Wanted to see how you got better... reming me next time.

Jamie: WOW you owned Kevin pretty hard ;) You're getting good, man. Enjoy KOTOR.

Nate: HOLY **** I honestly can't believe you beat me that one game. Your Ike's way out there, you do tons of trippy stuff that I don't see coming. Keep it up man, you're most improved since last time I've seen you IMO.

Jarred: Didn't see too much of you but from what I heard you tore it up with Diddy. Keep it up.

Trev: Didn't play you much outside of that three-way game. But yeah, you were fun to have around. See you in two weeks hopefully.

Luc: You don't even go on these forums X_X But you did great.

I think that's all for now.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Max, just to let you know, when I put Kevin into losers bracket, I didn't use my Pika. It was Lucario. Matches with him were bloody intense; ****ty they weren't recorded.

I've considered busting out Sonic but I tend to stick with him for casuals. I hope yer not judging my Sonic based on the fight I had with yer bro. I can't help but sandbagging him, I know he's pretty good but he's still just a kid y'know?

When I used Sonic on yer bro and tore it up, its cause he said Sonic was garbage so I had no choice but to own him. Only match with him I didn't sandbag :p

Btw, were you mostly Snaking that tourney? I noticed yer Falco at one point but... why? Think you were underestimating Niko to use Falco on him, imho. Who else did you use today anyway?

Oh and congrats and stuff.

Percon

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Black Falco is cool

But other than that I had no reason, I was confident enough I'd win the last match with Snake (which I did) if I lost using Falco (which I also did)

I shoulda went Dedede instead, me and Niko played a bit afterward and I was doing well against him with Dedede.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Black Falco is cool

But other than that I had no reason, I was confident enough I'd win the last match with Snake (which I did) if I lost using Falco (which I also did)

I shoulda went Dedede instead, me and Niko played a bit afterward and I was doing well against him with Dedede.
Man when I turned around and saw Falco I laughed to myself a bit. In all honesty, I was surprised yer Falco did that well against Niko. No Wario love though. You're like the crews *****, just going from one character to the next each week:laugh:

But yeah, good to truly see yer Snake back. I'll wait for a bit before I can determine if yer Dedede will stay or is a fad. Think he suits you though.

Percon

Smash Lord
Man when I turned around and saw Falco I laughed to myself a bit. In all honesty, I was surprised yer Falco did that well against Niko. No Wario love though. You're like the crews *****, just going from one character to the next each week:laugh:

But yeah, good to truly see yer Snake back. I'll wait for a bit before I can determine if yer Dedede will stay or is a fad. Think he suits you though.
I've only been playing Dedede for about three days and I'm doing quite well with him, IMO. In the end he'll probably be a situational counter, like my Lucas now. I pulled out Lucas in the tournament today against Miller's pit so he couldn't camp me.

Dedede will probably be used against characters susceptible to the chaingrab mostly, but I'm going to keep playing him and see where it takes me. And though I didn't use Wario in the tourney, I friendlied with him,

Niko_K

Smash Master
Im a bit too hungover to do any shoutouts but this tourney went way smoother than the last one! This was too much fun. The drinking afterwards was just ridiculous also. Trevor is probably in a park somewhere haha. My basement is such a mess too >.< I have some cleaning to do.

Miller

Smash Lord
NRPR Coming up soon ^_^

But Max, our first match was gay, all that pausing, I was doing great but then I just got off my game after that, It was my fault for loosing concentration though.

Niko, No johns

Kevin, you got jew'd out

Nate, haha one point, mad gay

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yo what up (its Nate). Routey bi weekly!. I didn't look or talk much like I was drunk, but I was pretty **** hammered. I guess Trev got our names off the records, so thats sick. Hilarious night. I won't be placing that low next time either, I am not johning, but I did play too much 3S and not enough friendlies >_> lol.

Falling out of the chair randomly FTW.

Niko_K

Smash Master
So here are the results for the 2nd BiWeekly.

1 Max
2 Miller
3 Niko
4 Rob
5 Mike
5 Luc
7 Kevin
7 Jerred
9 Trev
9 Jamie
9 Nate
9 Chawbaw
13 Dejana
13 Mark

There were NO videos taken because Kevin is a STONER and forgot the capture card :p

Pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001491&id=1655790085

Yet again there will be another 3 week break because of an event that has been planned prior to the biweekly. After this even there will be no more tri weekly gayness.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Niagara, GTA has broken their biweeklies to monthlies to seperate each game. Sauga has done it, and C3 has done it too. Might I suggest working your "biweeklies" to cover the Melee schedules.

I'm a melee fan, but I think this change will be best for you guys so that you can attend as many events as possible, including ours. Maybe a Triweekly might be the best idea.

By the current order we have it's looking like:

April 5th - Sauga - Brawl
April 12th - Free/C3 - would be Brawl
April 19th - Sauga - Melee
April 26th - SMASHBOUND - both

It looks like you guys can really work this out since April 19th would be your next event, and you guys can go through a full month of Brawl. Pretty nifty? huh?

And by the sounds of it, the first week following that would be C3's event for Brawl. Now the only problem remains is how you'd get here LOL.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thanks for the heads up Adnan. I might end up making it a triweekly in order to cover up the melee events as you suggested. I can very easily get up to Toronto and Im sure taking people with me wouldn't be much of a problem. Weather or not everyone approves of this idea isn't entirely up to me.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Come by Sauga too for our tournaments whenever we have them running. I'll get back to you guys with that, but from Niagara it's closer to come by to Sauga than Toronto. If you guys don't want to come, then we'll probably cancel Brawl events all together. Not sure if we're planning on doing that already, but yeah.

No guilt-trippin' lol

Niko_K

Smash Master
We've already planned to come to GRMO's tournament and I dont know about the others but I plan on attending a bunch of the sauga and toronto events. Im in the GTA fairly regularly and they are always tons of fun.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Dumping Brawl and jumping back ship to Melee eh. I guess I will have to start grinding Melee again. Brawl pisses me off too much, lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
They actually did alot more.

S.onic = Sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boom

I.ke = Dwight Eisenhoser

F.ox = Fox

D.iddy= Sean Combs

P.ikachu = Pikachu

M.ario = Mario

S.amus = Samus

B.owser = Bowser

S.nake = Snake

You get the point. haha.

I had to put a period in front of the words so they didn't get changed. lmao.

Top Bottom