• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
this is the main reason i stopped as well i was top 3 a while ago when i took it seriously + aikos manchester events was too good ;)

i would still would have played brawl if anyone did more tournaments for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bVaIshrqG8

lol this match
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that. ~~ I remember you used to be an avid Brawl player and sometimes said you preferred it over Melee lol.

Hey edwin, the gamerbase tournies are being ressurected by smudge hopefully, so you have that to look forward to if you're still even slightly interested :3

Hopefully if I pull this tourney off with distinction it can get some brawl hype going, its been severely lacking. When kone pointed out there's never been a pure brawl national hosted it kind of drove home the point it's always been treated like a side event, hopefully we can change that.
The gamerbase tourneys are fun but they're just not nationals. :/

Also we have had one pure Brawl national before, but Kone himself ran that and most of the current Brawlers weren't even around then, so...

Smudge

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to help run the Nats if you need it Dooan, I've helped you run the Bolton ones before, plus we're homebois XD

Just waiting on confimration from Gamerbase about starting these back up, be good if we could get a decent number back there

I've not seen anyone in the Brawl scene now for 8 months, I need to get back into shape =D

Jolteon

ok so who would you be thinking of as tournament staff:

me and smudge have volunteered so it could be:

me
you
smudge
??

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol cal as tourney staff looool

I'll help as I actually have exp. at hosting/helping at tourneys lol

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Okay, i'm completely out of the loop on this, anybody care to update me on any upcoming tournies/where its gonna be held or whatever?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Manchester? hell yes.

Brawl national? hell yes.

both? hell yes.
:chuckle:

manchester's like ... a stop after sheffield so ... getting to the train station will be a piece of piss. getting from there to gamerbase will be a bit more annoying though :psycho:

The Filth

Smash Lord
Yeah destrawr, there's going to be a lot of activity coming up, I may even be hosting a mini thinglate may, as well as planning the national.

Just hover round here a while and something will crop up

Calzorz

Smash Lord
yea its a shame people stoped hosting brawl only, i rember once i was top 1st in uk ... oh wait nvm

and i hope darren gets this venue iv seen a picture of it and it looks prety **** expensive hopefully the brawl side of the scene arnt cheap ****s and are too tight to fork out 10pounds for venue as i know meele are

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Nah Cal it's not that it's just that if its £10 for venue then another £10 for singles and another £10 for doubles, thats £30 for a day which is a lot for most people as they know they won't be winning anything. £5 each for venue, singles doubles etc is the right amount imo as it brings in good money for the venue while still giving out good pots.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Nah Cal it's not that it's just that if its £10 for venue then another £10 for singles and another £10 for doubles, thats £30 for a day which is a lot for most people as they know they won't be winning anything. £5 each for venue, singles doubles etc is the right amount imo as it brings in good money for the venue while still giving out good pots.
haha i know man i was just trolling XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, calz wants more money to go into his fountain so hes trying to jew up the pricetag
ill alsp help, but probably wouldnt be abel to do much, **** location

The_Rake

Smash Lord
lol avoid this discussion. just gona get into cal saying how hed rather entry fees were higher and everyone else saying how theyd like them to be more reasonable. Then as a counter argument cal would say that what he's proposing is not unreasonable and that general tournaments in the american/european scene have higher entry fees than we do. Its the same old argument and the last time i got involved i actually really hated cal xD

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Mehh I've been in various useless locations but it will all work out if you try. I hosted a few decent attended tourneys in Louth before...comon whos ever heard of that lol?

Just stick with it :) communities will form :) I know its prob difficult now as you cant drive etc etc but in time my friend, in time, loving the avatar btw.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ok im thinking about hosting sometime in the Half Term holidays, which is Saturday the 29th of May until Saturday the 5th of June.

I can host something any of those dates, im hoping to do a 2day event which will task place in Sheffield, i had in mine the Wednesday and the Thursday.

Simply because the London Expo is on the 29th and 20th of May, so i dont think many ppl will attend bcuz of that, can i have some ideas of what dates ppl would prefer please?

And about housing, i havent even found a venue yet, but im pretty confident me and my dad can look around in the car for one, as for housing id prolly book a hotel in advance for ppl that are coming, this will only be oen night so it wont cost u guys too much.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
i can make the 29th, if this is gona be confirmed i can book off the monday and wednesday too so i can be there sat-fri
as per usual need to know that this is goin on asap!

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah i can let u know as soon as i get replies, as Charles said alot of the Brawlers are lazy xD, well the main thing is they dont come on the boards, its full over Melee players.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol avoid this discussion. just gona get into cal saying how hed rather entry fees were higher and everyone else saying how theyd like them to be more reasonable. Then as a counter argument cal would say that what he's proposing is not unreasonable and that general tournaments in the american/european scene have higher entry fees than we do. Its the same old argument and the last time i got involved i actually really hated cal xD
where did i say anything about raising entry fees? read my post correctly i said the venue darren is wanting to rent looks really expensive so the venue fee might be more than usual so hate me if u want

The_Rake

Smash Lord
where did i say anything about raising entry fees? read my post correctly i said the venue darren is wanting to rent looks really expensive so the venue fee might be more than usual so hate me if u want
i was refering to a past event...i think it was one of willzs last summer
and i dont hate you anymore cal xD xxxx

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol good to know man :p and yes a while ago i did complain about entry fees but u dont get anywhere if u dont try bump it up xD im not tht botherd about entry fees anywayotherwise i wudnt go to andys for a week and earn nothing and others for low prize money , i just like to win and chill with freinds

but im glad you no longer hate me because im in your house everynight

DOING YOUR MOM

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm confident you could find somewhere Andy just look at all the local halls, church halls community centres etc

The_Rake

Smash Lord
lol good to know man :p and yes a while ago i did complain about entry fees but u dont get anywhere if u dont try bump it up xD im not tht botherd about entry fees anywayotherwise i wudnt go to andys for a week and earn nothing and others for low prize money , i just like to win and chill with freinds

but im glad you no longer hate me because im in your house everynight

DOING YOUR MOM
ah dude, the only reason i got annoyed back then is cos i was kinda only looking from one point of view, besides i know what your in it for man and its a real show of sportsmanship....even though smash is not a sport
**** it, i was gona post that last bit in response to you xD

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
So i was sat thinking i need to get back into brawl and make the scene up its game again, i took to the idea of looking on the boards, catch up with everything and what do i find? nothing has changed!! Why are people crying about hosting tourneys god dam it?? Wheres the love? If heads actually put egos aside and organized say for example monthly nationals or even bi monthly then everyone would be happy and i wouldnt have to read though pages of tears!!

Now i apologize for the little rant and i no i didnt read though all the facts but as a player who wants to start playing pro again and finding everyone is still arguing over whos hosting what tourneys and whos not welcome and all that bolloxs its not appealing! Now if theres an actual problem with holding tourneys then i am welcome to hold some in my house if thats gonna stop cry *****es complaining about what games are played were! I Dont give a flying pan handle if brawl has stopped being hosted in london for say and why should anyone else? All it takes is a house or even a bloody youth club and you've made the day of a group of gamers... So like i was saying earlier, as a returning player, please guys stop crying about hosting, stop crying about who does all the work and actually think about it.. For the sake of a days organizing and lets be honest now, hosting a tourney really isn't that hard i mean seriously, its only as hard as you make it...
Now ya am ranting like a pro due to come back rage, its good to see its still alive though and its good to see the likes of smudge and darren still giving the north a name :) (Insult way!)

Jolteon

People are wanting a Brawl national tournament Jankai (there's only been one... lol), not just a simple monthly. Takes a lot more preparation than just going to someone's house for a day.

Jolteon

Well yeah ok. I mean 1 Brawl-only national since that's what people want. ~_~

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
I'd be interested in attending this.
If it's being held in manchester then i can go 100%

Top Bottom