• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Nonono all wrong. We all know the K.Mac quotes, theres many more, John Mcclian doesnt exist.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
John Mcclain came out after kmac left. It exists son!

lol at me and kj raging at kira changing open your heart and live and learn for his trashy music on green hill!!!

Calzorz

Smash Lord
ah the fest was too good best one iv been too il probs do shoutouts when i get spare time

The Filth

Smash Lord
Calz is such a druggie. Srs.

Good games to everyone I played, Rake man you've stepped it up a lot since I started playing you months back. You're better now than I was when we met, by far :3

RYUKEN! You dastard! You have to start coming to events more often man, you're too inactive man. Hows it going?

Was great meeting Izaw too if he reads this. Such a smart link, you helped me a lot in our little sets. Im stil WTF-ing about you saying the UK smells of plasticine though <3

Boxingking too man, your pika was by far the best i've played, that QAC **** was tiring me out =[

Also, Jmiller man, I was knackered playing our sets so I wasn't talking much, but **** man. You showed me what its like fighting a good bowser. I guess I underestimated you this time round, but next time we play the results will be different =]

Jimmy - Always lovely to see my favourite samus :3 Either you've stepped it up again or I wasn't putting in enough effort fighting you this time, i felt like you were in control more than I like. that'll change too, I'ma word on my mind****ing. Team Battlefactory makes me cry... it beats me before we even start playing =[

Can't believe we didn't play any singles andy, we dropped the ball. I want you to see my new snake properly =] Sick fest as always though, cheers for feeding us all the time <3

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i,m cool dooan its been a long time i know, anyway how are you and have you improved since last time we played?

The Filth

Smash Lord
I don't think you'd even recognise me anymore =]

I like to think I'm pretty good these days, but you've always been my kryptonite... HAVE AT YOU.

But yeah I've stepped it up a fair bit. I'ma take calz' spot at the top soon, just y'all wait =]

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Hey i remember that was a great match, i didn't understand why i counter picked battlefield against your marth though. i should really try to make it to a london event, want to play jamz aswell.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Tails chao was a cool guy, I hope he returns to the community soon because this Jolteon person is pretty lame =[

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i will try to make it to more events, also i,m trying to organise a monthly with gamerbase like old times.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lol i wouldnt mind going back up to Manchester Gamerbase again, ohh btw Ryuken im Trio3, every1 had there name changed lololol.

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Lol i wouldnt mind going back up to Manchester Gamerbase again, ohh btw Ryuken im Trio3, every1 had there name changed lololol.
I still prefer trio3, and yeah i seen a vid of you and calzors grab tech chasing thing, i,v got to give that a thumbs up, i can see most people quitting the game after you get someone with that tech.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Yo, guys, just found a link to this off AiB, I live in manchester, anybody else live round there thats decent at brawl?
Also, if anybody could update me on any tournies or whatever that will be going on north west, that would be appreciated.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Yo, guys, just found a link to this off AiB, I live in manchester, anybody else live round there thats decent at brawl?
Also, if anybody could update me on any tournies or whatever that will be going on north west, that would be appreciated.
You have Jankai, Solid-pit, Blipped Moon, Lunchbox, ZOD, Bush, Sponge, PTB, Ryuken, Aiko, Smudge, Cpt. Wu, Zero and of course my glorious self who are either in manchester or **** like Congleton. The manchester guys are from cheadle if you know where that is, I chill with them quite a lot.

I'm in sheffield right now for uni, but I visit manchester a lot. Who do you play anyhow mang?

Smudge

Smash Lord
Hey man, as Dooan said theres a few of us a short train journey away.

Drop us an add on MSN if you like.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I presume you found this link off the group (this one - http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=11957) I created on AIB. Knew it would be a good idea, cuz I am WILLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

...anyway good to see another player eager to come to tourneys. There's quite a few players in the Manchester area like Dooan said, so try and get to know them and hope to see you at a tourney soon!

add me on msn; willzeh@hotmail.com

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Thanks darren, such kind words =) And team battlefactory was awsome. I loled at my max 2 kills per game tho :p Lucario wont kill in teams xD

Shoutouts

Andy/Anakin: Thanks for hosting man, was so awsome, sorry about the loudness at time. MTR stockholder gets excited =P Look forward to the next one. Good MMs man, that first ganon one was ludicrous, you cp'd temple and spear pillar xD I thought about it and it actually made sense that you won 1/4 of our matches cos the matchup is 25/75 lol Then again, I am the best lucario in the uk ;) Still cant believe you broke out the cg

Calzorz: Too much hilarious banter. Between us we too your mom jokes to a new level. Man you'r yoshi is too pro, I cant believe it beat Kmacs meta xD. My lucario is obv too much for it though =) Guess youll have to stick snake for now. Serious man, ease off the drugs xD. As if you laughed that I lost brakes!!!! I apologise for the teabags though...cos I'm in your house every night doin ya mom!

Izaw: Awsome to meet you man, I hadn't heard of you before but when everyone else got the hype I knew there was some serious business goin down. Watching some off the stuff you did in practice was phenominal man, you're just too good...except in doubles when you play shiek xD Take my advice man, you gotta roll more often, it's unpunishable.

Kasper/Kira: So much racism man!!!!! Lol, the week was too good and you definetely helped make it epic. The lucario matches were boring but proved that mako is a **** lol Knowing that you dont DI has given me a little more confidence to be better. Good to know even the pros dont do everything perfect all the time =)

KillerJawz: Love seeing you man, your one of my fav smashers. There was too much "Oh wow, you got decoyed". Your samus is a ***** as ever. I cant outcamp you with tlink at all. Good stuff with pokemon too, 28 straight wins was awsome, hated not being able to use that ttar! It was perfect and nothing could kill metagross!!!!!

Dooan: Serious legend man, good mms, finaly beat your bowser :p In style too. Your snake delievered the business though and avenged him. Future matches are just gona get closer. That tlink DK match was awsome, that 0% gimp was perfectly executed and I cant wait to see the replay =P. I must apologise for that 3 way where i just swallow gimped you constantly, I felt like being gay and you was an innocent victim. Then there was all those chain grabs....instant 47% to snake. Look forward to seeing you soon

Kmac: Too much kmac skill...except when you played cals yoshi lol The KFC gimp was too good, everyone wondering what the kmac smirk was for xD i dont really remember our singles, was too many games between then and now. Brawl- is still as sexy as ever, falcon is soo broken =P. Step it up for next time man or your gona get raked ;)

Golden Psycho: Didn't get that much goin on with you man, whats up with that. I just remember saying "Good Ike" too much :p, seriously though, good ike, I always find him annoying as he smacks straight trough spotdodges =P

Teh Shlurpie: Icies are gay, simple as. How could you cg tlink though and whenever i saw you play cal you never got them going on his snake? thats just broken lol. Youve got some serious skills man, keep improving, i look forward to next time we meet.

J Miller: Your bowser is pro man, and all the characters you use, I only played the bowser with lucario though, but you ***** my tlink, weegee and kirby. you have a mental ness, that thing is just not on. No wonder you beat me and yen in doubs at GT2

Boxing King: Awsome pika man, never played a great one before so was good experience. you need to learn the ganon matchup though, too many people play him, you cant risk not knowing it in tournies, you'll just get ***** =P Serious though, forget MW2, i wanna give you some more raking =P

Hope all of you got home safe and well and I thank all of you for making the week so awsome. Was so fun indeed. Step it up for next time or you're all gona get raked!

The Filth

Smash Lord
Dooan: Serious legend man, good mms, finaly beat your bowser :p In style too. Your snake delievered the business though and avenged him. Future matches are just gona get closer. That tlink DK match was awsome, that 0% gimp was perfectly executed and I cant wait to see the replay =P. I must apologise for that 3 way where i just swallow gimped you constantly, I felt like being gay and you was an innocent victim. Then there was all those chain grabs....instant 47% to snake. Look forward to seeing you soon
The bowser should have gone down last time, but the 240% last stocks were pure voodoo mang :3

and yeah that was a pro gimp, I just had to sit there and admit I'd been schooled. I thought I took the raking well enough though ^_^

Haha pay no mind to me when I'm like that, mood disorder and all. Seriously I can't help getting snippy or just go critical mass sometimes, chilling with izaw helped though. He said our country smells of plasticine. I wish I were joking.

And the chaingrabs? I SPIT on your pitiful chain grabs! Real men fight with hax weight and ludicrous hitboxes. I don't need none of that ***** *** grab ****.

But srs now. For a good while after meeting you at that EM fest I never even considered you a threat. Like 4 times ago from now I started noticing your lucario getting me down to high % with 2 stocks or 1 stock most games and such, then the last few times, specially when im playing bowser I actually feel helpless sometimes ^.^

For snake, you need to get better at juggling, like try chasing me in the air and waiting for an airdodge or predict my B reverse. And definitely don't aura sphere when im closer to you than my camping is comfortable with , cause I'll just PS those beans and Ftilt you. Also you need pro aerial spacing cause I was Jab cancelling Utilts on you all day, and that only works when you're airborne. I can do Ftilts if I jab you on the floor though, so bleh. You'll get it in time, but it's just the little gimmicky tricks like predicting a spotdodge and waiting that you need now to get properly better. Like the MTR mindgame is sort of one of them tricks, but do **** like getting them with a pivot grab as well.

My 2 cents.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
you gotta roll more often, it's unpunishable.
Please tell me thats some kind of inside joke and your not being serious
Drop Brawl
Play Melee

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ignore the Leicester people there about cucoo, anyway i might hold another minifest in 6week which will be Springbank Halfterm, save this thread and i'll keep every1 updated.

Is any1 else hosting something in the near future? Dooan, Smudge?

The_Rake

Smash Lord
The bowser should have gone down last time, but the 240% last stocks were pure voodoo mang :3

and yeah that was a pro gimp, I just had to sit there and admit I'd been schooled. I thought I took the raking well enough though ^_^

Haha pay no mind to me when I'm like that, mood disorder and all. Seriously I can't help getting snippy or just go critical mass sometimes, chilling with izaw helped though. He said our country smells of plasticine. I wish I were joking.

And the chaingrabs? I SPIT on your pitiful chain grabs! Real men fight with hax weight and ludicrous hitboxes. I don't need none of that ***** *** grab ****.

But srs now. For a good while after meeting you at that EM fest I never even considered you a threat. Like 4 times ago from now I started noticing your lucario getting me down to high % with 2 stocks or 1 stock most games and such, then the last few times, specially when im playing bowser I actually feel helpless sometimes ^.^

For snake, you need to get better at juggling, like try chasing me in the air and waiting for an airdodge or predict my B reverse. And definitely don't aura sphere when im closer to you than my camping is comfortable with , cause I'll just PS those beans and Ftilt you. Also you need pro aerial spacing cause I was Jab cancelling Utilts on you all day, and that only works when you're airborne. I can do Ftilts if I jab you on the floor though, so bleh. You'll get it in time, but it's just the little gimmicky tricks like predicting a spotdodge and waiting that you need now to get properly better. Like the MTR mindgame is sort of one of them tricks, but do **** like getting them with a pivot grab as well.

My 2 cents.
Nice to know I've calleneged your perceptions. Tbh when i first started i didn't expect to be taking on some of you guys in such close matches.
Yea predicting is one of the things i find hardest to do, no idea how andy does it so well xD I'm trying to work on my fair spacing, like when someone blocks a fair, just fall back instead of going into a nair cos that'll probably get shielded too. Thanks for the advice man, i seriously hope you dont take time out of smash, be too big a loss =(

@calzum
yes was an inside joke man....although whenever i roll spammed izaw couldnt punish it, was too funny

Smudge

Smash Lord
Is any1 else hosting something in the near future? Dooan, Smudge?
RyuKen has put my name forward to Gamerbase to host in Manchester, so I'm waiting for a reply from them, also there's gonna be one in Congleton, just need to wait to get paid and settled, things are a little up in the air at the moment.

I've found a venue though, it's 30 mins from the train station, but given I get the right date, I'll have transport too and from the station sorted for most-all people.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
i have the last saturdays in the next 2 months free. if anything gets put on on those dats i will defo be there. MTR has stepped it up afterall ;)

lol, some noob on lucario boards is telling me lucario cant cg d3 xD I've done it numerous times lool They even say that bowser and snake cant be cg'd to 50% either xD man these guys are missing out

The Filth

Smash Lord
It could have something to do with DI, i usually lose the will to live when im getting CGed and don't bother in friendlies :3

But still, I swear you've taken my bowser to almost 70% once.

Oh, and I'll see when I can start hosting at my place in Bolton soon. Next few weeks for me are busy what with assignments etc. I'm planning to host **** over summer and afterwards during next year as well, cause I'll have moved into my own house with Bickers.

lol at me and kj raging at kira changing open your heart and live and learn for his trashy music on green hill!!!
HE RUINED OUR SONGS MAN D:, by the by, this was the song I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pth7sqodU-U&feature=related

Jimmy - Always lovely to see my favourite samus :3 Either you've stepped it up again or I wasn't putting in enough effort fighting you this time, i felt like you were in control more than I like. that'll change too, I'ma word on my mind****ing. Team Battlefactory makes me cry... it beats me before we even start playing =[
Ha!! your to awesome man ^^. Thanks for the compliment. TEAM BATTLE FACTORY XD!!!!! TOO GOOD.

KillerJawz: Love seeing you man, your one of my fav smashers. There was too much "Oh wow, you got decoyed". Your samus is a ***** as ever. I cant outcamp you with tlink at all. Good stuff with pokemon too, 28 straight wins was awsome, hated not being able to use that ttar! It was perfect and nothing could kill metagross!!!
Aww thanks man ^_^. When people get decoyed, a small piece inside of me laughs :3. Our battle factory stuff was just to much win man, we got TO UNLUCKY.

Shoutouts
Anakin - Firstly I want to say thanks for yet ANOTHER awesome fest. You are to good at these man, make another <3. It was really awesome to get to play you again, got myself plenty of exp on the ledge against you, im sure our matches will be even more epic next time. Your a monster in doubles man. Good stuff.

Boxing King - Best Pikachu in Europe man. Even with your current status on brawl, you still went even with me, your to good man, I cannot WAIT until I can face you when your on top form. Good stuff man.

Calzorz - My favourite smasher of all time ^^. Your actually the funnest match for me to play against man, our matches are always so epic and intense, I just love them. Team Killzorz is just amazing O.o, we protected eachother really well, it was pretty hilarious at how much you destroyed everyone in those crews matches. Best Snake in europe man, knock Ally off his throne.

Dooan - UNDERRATED SNAKE IS UNDERRATED. Your still so epic man, those doubles matches were just to funny. I swear you get more and more awesome everytime we meet lol. Hope we play again real soon.

G.P - Your Ike is getting pretty good man, your jab cancels are disgustingly difficult to escape and your really risky aswell, I like that. Good stuff man, keep getting better.

Izaw - I finally got a chance to play you. I did far better then I ever could have dreamed of doing, but your still to **** amazing. Your whole game is just inspiring. Your a really cool guy and I hope we play again in the future.

J.Miller - LUIGIS UP B PUNISHING THOSE PIVOT GRABS, TOO GOOOOOD. Your really fun to play against, and our angry hype was just to funny man, MEGAMAN IS TERRIBLE XD!!!. Good games man, wanna play you when im on top form ^^.

Kira! - Well I finally managed to beat your falco
sandbag a bit harder next time, kay? :3
. You still wreck framus, your too good man. Thanks for telling me about those songs man, they are just to **** good <3. Good stuff man.

K.Mac - KMAC SD. Your still as broken as ever in brawl- man :/, evil top tier Yoshi man. Looking forward to getting some singles with you man. Good stuff.

Rake - TEAM BATTLE FACTORY IS TOO GOOD. It was awesome seeing you again man, your really stepping it up. Those CG set ups you have are just to **** good, YOU CAN'T PUNISH THOSE ROLLS MAN, MTR ROLL COMBO. We need to do pokemon again next time man, it was just to hilarious, that ttar was freaking amazing O.o.

Shlurpie - SLURPZZZZ. TO GOOD. Good stuff one stocking calz with that pro jiggs man, too good for us to handle. Jiggs dittos are to good man, we need more of those. Overall, good stuff man.

Ixis - *** didn't come.

Aura - *** didn't come.

Cong - Cool guy didn't come

Epic fest was epic. Even better then the last. Please host another man, I want the same people to come aswell, it's just such a nice atmosphere.

Top Bottom