• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Our rules are now on the front page, so don't go wondering off reading the Unity Ruleset, its really similar with minor changes. Mainly being the stagelist.
just been and read it, agree pretty much
just one question: is the mk ban being applied instantly or are we waiting untill the cut-off date? (being january 10th)
also, if he is banned straight up, then does the ledgegrab limit rule still need to be there?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
The Metaknight ban is optional up to that date, so we can ban him straight or wait.

Also the ledge grab limit rule can still be there to prevemt stalling.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
cool beans. although were only gonna have one or two tournaments before then. so yeah XD

and lgl is gay, looks like no rob planking for me XD

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
it says its also for doubles. and yeah lol at calz.. like he said spent years getting juggled tries to get revenge and /ban :p calz go gnw instead hes way cooler :p

gm jack

Smash Lord
Not a brawler, but not even the US has to follow unity ruleset, let alone EU. Stop being scrubs and wanting a character gone because he's better than yours.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Any US tournament that doesn't run Unity is just making it harder for themselves, Europe is a different story and afaik our community is the only European one that's banning him now.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Any US tournament that doesn't run Unity is just making it harder for themselves, Europe is a different story and afaik our community is the only European one that's banning him now.
apparently you dont know very far (oh the wordplay). he was banned in most of eastern europe before unity even banned him

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I have no more reason to play Smash. derp.

In other news, I'll have to find another character to use. No idea who.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yo guys as the ACTING TO (you could say) as the Monthlies, cuz i run them i wanna see what everyone thinks about this MK ban, and i think it should be voted upon. Also if like ALL EUROPE don't ban MK there will probably be no point, but its up to the community. Any Melee players and inactive players you dont count so please dont spam the thread.

So far people have said:

Banned (7)
Anaky, G.P, Shlurpie, IxisNaugus, Cong, Hoe4u, J.Miller.

Legal (3)
Calzorz, Kasper, C.R.Z.

Pending
Pafos, Doplghost, KillerJawz.

I honestly dont see any1 else is can be worthy of casting a post, no offesnse, unless i forgot someone.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Gee, thanks. :|

Also, GP ... you realise that Yoshi is CRAP, right? Next time we meet I'm going to try and beat your Ike with my Yoshi. Unless we end up on Battlefield, my only tactic is bait+chaingrab. -_-

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Gee, thanks. :|

Also, GP ... you realise that Yoshi is CRAP, right? Next time we meet I'm going to try and beat your Ike with my Yoshi. Unless we end up on Battlefield, my only tactic is bait+chaingrab. -_-
yoshi has won more money in tournaments across the world than ike. hes obviously viable but jsut requires a nice juicy amount of techskill.
if you dont want to use bad characters (not a problem for me lol) then pick another high tier, d3 is probably nice and easy to pick up

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Replying to your post Alex. Most of Spain have already agreed on banning Metaknight. Holland definatly aren't banning him. Germany i have no idea, same with France and also Finland have banned Metaknight lolol Finland.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain that at some point I've said that even though I main MK that he is broken and should be banned.

Also GP, a lot of Yoshi's tech-skill (if you could call it that) comes from DR and simple baiting. Unfortunately, having lost my original gaming pad (it got stolen at my first London tourney) and being unwilling to remove springs from my current controller (because it's orange) I can't DR. But like I said, next time we meet I'll give you matches with Yoshi. I can guarantee you'll gimp me in the first match. :troll:

Also also I'll probably pick up Wario, and attempt to learn Marf since Marf is similar to MK in a fair few ways. I'm no 3canaky but :awesome:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm fairly certain that at some point I've said that even though I main MK that he is broken and should be banned.

Also GP, a lot of Yoshi's tech-skill (if you could call it that) comes from DR and simple baiting. Unfortunately, having lost my original gaming pad (it got stolen at my first London tourney) and being unwilling to remove springs from my current controller (because it's orange) I can't DR. But like I said, next time we meet I'll give you matches with Yoshi. I can guarantee you'll gimp me in the first match. :troll:

Also also I'll probably pick up Wario, and attempt to learn Marf since Marf is similar to MK in a fair few ways. I'm no 3canaky but :awesome:
im fairly sure removing springs wont change the colour, im just sayin'

also, gimping...ike? what the hell just how long has it been since you played this? XD

K.Mac

Smash Lord
It's because orange pads are rare, so I'd rather not risk messing it up entirely. Also I use it on F-Zero >.>

Also - footstools. 'nuff said.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my god kmac i kno youre blind buti ts not hard. unscrew pad, take out springs, screw in pad. done.

also - attacks. 'nuff said

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Metaknight is officially remaining tournament legal in the UK, I could write a huge response about it but I'm going to summarise it into 2 points:

1. America are banning him for being over-centralising. The UK does not have this problem, therefore I do not believe that the UK has any reason to follow suit with this decision.

2. Lack of MK experience will hinder the UK's progression, particularly with several European countries not banning him if anyone should travel abroad.

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
also! we could try talking about something else..for instance whats your more epic ko ever gotten ? i personally today killed my friends ganon by using luigis down taunt to stage spike him, didnt even know it was possible and he died on 0%, completely ****! discuss!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yo guys as the ACTING TO (you could say) as the Monthlies, cuz i run them i wanna see what everyone thinks about this MK ban, and i think it should be voted upon. Also if like ALL EUROPE don't ban MK there will probably be no point, but its up to the community. Any Melee players and inactive players you dont count so please dont spam the thread.

So far people have said:

Banned (7)
Anaky, G.P, Shlurpie, IxisNaugus, Cong, Hoe4u, J.Miller.

Legal (3)
Calzorz, Kasper, C.R.Z.

Pending
Pafos, Doplghost, KillerJawz.

I honestly dont see any1 else is can be worthy of casting a post, no offesnse, unless i forgot someone.
you should probably include all active players just because if they're entering tournaments, then they have just as much of a right to have their say as any other brawler. Banning a character or not is a pretty big decision and so should include as many people that it will affect as possible.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you should probably include all active players just because if they're entering tournaments, then they have just as much of a right to have their say as any other brawler. Banning a character or not is a pretty big decision and so should include as many people that it will affect as possible.
once again. shouldnt even be considered untill after apex. selfish reasons all the way

and pixl pirate ship is a manly stage for a reason XD

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yo guys whatever the majority of EU do we will go with that, il tell you at the time when they have confirmed there decision.

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
G~P theres nothing "manly" about hitting my marth with a "9" when we are both underwater.. oh wait come to think of it, thats pretty damn manly.. i bet your game and watch has chest hair

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I still don't understand why you guys look at the rest of the EU with regards to what to do with MK.

Have you guys done a poll on it yet?

edit: one that shows the opinion of more than 15 players?

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
and ive got a horrifically manly judgement kill vs captain falcon (the 3rd most manly char behind ike and jiggs) for the 3 stock win :)

Top Bottom