• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Calzorz

Smash Lord
and i totally would have bought you some popcorn chicken if you came! for realsies! is it me or did all those tvs and ridiculous heat give anyone else mad headaches?
haha buy me a popcorn chicken meal and il team with you in doubles man :p! and yea i couldnt make it this tourny soz money issues hopefully il be getting my income support soon and il be at a few more of these its been a while

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
you can literally have any meal in kfc! ill extend it that far! of course buckets are off limits! and yeah i agree with gp when your playing new people sometimes it takes a while to get used to them, i won quite a few friendlies once i got used to peoples charachters abit more, and gp train your ivysaur.. ive been training charizard it literally 3 stocked shaun earlier with him some epic ganon style meteor smashing and general gimping and grab realise stuff was funny as hell! we totally gotta do some ivysaur charizard doubles!

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Calzorz and Kasper, you are frauds

i may drop you next tourney

/cloudrain cockyness

you can literally have any meal in kfc! ill extend it that far! of course buckets are off limits! and yeah i agree with gp when your playing new people sometimes it takes a while to get used to them, i won quite a few friendlies once i got used to peoples charachters abit more, and gp train your ivysaur.. ive been training charizard it literally 3 stocked shaun earlier with him some epic ganon style meteor smashing and general gimping and grab realise stuff was funny as hell! we totally gotta do some ivysaur charizard doubles!

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
c.r.z i know i know.. "buckets are off limits" is a horrifically ironic thing for a game and watch to say considering how many miracle survives and oil panics i managed to pull off in the pools :p i swear that pikachu was raging at me :p . i think i just need to be more consistent haha. although i think ice climbers was a bad match up for me, maybe ill consider secondarying zero soup salad again to give me more chance against chain grabby insta death

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
haha dont worry, i just enlarged it to make sure calz sees :D i wasnt insinuating anything.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
FRAUD HOW and lool highlighting the bucket of limits yea g&w isnt that good vs iceys pixl

and alright any meal sounds good :p

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
tbh its all contingent on if im working or not the day of the next monthly, i work alot of saturdays since im in a band.i hope i can, because i certainly need to dish out a large helping of REVENGE!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Calzorz and Kasper, you are frauds

i may drop you next tourney

/cloudrain cockyness
how cocky?
also cloud, do you know if miller took my mic home with him? i was pissed that i had to leave early, ill be asking marcus to not bring his devout catholic with him next time XD

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
lmao devout catholics, nevermind! my bro been *****ing at me saying a i only win at smash brothers because im cheap and choose cheap charachters, i so said, fine tell me who to play and i will literally play any characher... he said falco.. so guess im gonna learn falco and **** his ***.. he made a mistake :) he shouldhave said jiggs :p

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lmao devout catholics, nevermind! my bro been *****ing at me saying a i only win at smash brothers because im cheap and choose cheap charachters, i so said, fine tell me who to play and i will literally play any characher... he said falco.. so guess im gonna learn falco and **** his ***.. he made a mistake :) he shouldhave said GANNON :p

fixed
10 chars

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lmao devout catholics, nevermind! my bro been *****ing at me saying a i only win at smash brothers because im cheap and choose cheap charachters, i so said, fine tell me who to play and i will literally play any characher... he said falco.. so guess im gonna learn falco and **** his ***.. he made a mistake :) he shouldhave said GANON :p
fixed for real this time

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah tbh i really dont like the space animals im pretty sure thats why he said falco i just find all there inputs to be laggy, short hops too high to combo easily i mean sure u can do back air fowards ok but its a chore, everything seems delayed.

tbh i say to my bro look gnw isnt really that cheap granted he is an easy char to learn but he also considers my ike and lucas cheap and pit when i played him, he didnt complain too much about my marth apart from being too powerful or something, anyone who can chain any combo that isnt fox doing uptilt lock which is apparently fine! even charizard is apparently gay because he got such a good grab range and i can just graple him with grab release. he just moans about me being defensive but what that basically means is that everytime he randonly approaches me and does a move just shield grab.. thats his fault not mine!

long story short! i need a good secondary to compliment gnw's weaknesses any suggestions?

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
lmao :p i dont like mk though hes basically a teabag with legs. dont get me wrong im a strong advocate of tea, just the non legged variety

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Calzorz just got JV 4 stocked :troll:
i do the jv 4 stocking round these endz son

and yea but u got 6k posts now!? iv been here longer than u and have 1k lmao!

and pixl tbh i dno a gd 2ndry for g&w iv forgot alot of my knowledge after all the days iv not been sober from when i stopped played brawl :p

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
A teabag with legs LMAO

No but seriously, my knowledge of brawl is pretty limited, but afaik G&W has disadvantaged match-ups with snake (?), marth, mk and ICs, all match-ups where MK does excell in.

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
im considering practising marth,pit,snake or zzs i consider my weaknesses to be IC,Oli, probably diddy and toonlink is also kinda pain sometimes with gnw i kinda wanna try snake but hes so different from anyone i play might take a while to adjust, i am at least mediocre at the other 3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i do the jv 4 stocking round these endz son

and yea but u got 6k posts now!? iv been here longer than u and have 1k lmao!
I post regularly in about 20 threads across the boards. this would be why i have a high post count XD

A teabag with legs LMAO

No but seriously, my knowledge of brawl is pretty limited, but afaik G&W has disadvantaged match-ups with snake (?), marth, mk and ICs, all match-ups where MK does excell in.
>implying mk doesnt excell in every matchup
G&W only real bad matchups are mk, snake, marth, olimar and ice climbers.
if you dont want to use mk marth is a good second option. he has a positive/even matchup with all of those characters except mk. you also could use pikachu who has a good or even matchup on all of those characters except olimar.

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
tbh game and watch vs metaknight isnt that bad for me, but i havent played any good metas, also i think id probably just kill anyone who plays the teabag of death anyways. and yeah i would consider pikachu aswell as marth as pikuchus "feel" is similar to lucas for me though hes clearly a better char than lucas. kinda wish the pokemon didnt have fatigue or it would be charizard all the way :p

Calzorz

Smash Lord
yea your right alex he has bad matchups with all of them and mybe a few more i dont really pay attention to g&w

and pixl lol well il be using metaknight next time i come to a tourny cos i am bored of other chars if u wana pick up snake watch all my matches on youtube as i was best snake in europe and one of top in world so u might learn a few things :p

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah ive seen a few good ones actually , it would just take a long time for me to get into snake because most of the chars i play are kinda predominantly aerial gamers, infact id go as far as saying they are "shorthopers!" where snake is really more of a ground guy if im thinking correctly? though i do like the mind games he has. i can see snake annoying my friends more than marth. nothing quite says "you lose" like an explosion

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh come on calzorz, you could pick any of the fun characters that exist, and who do you pick? metaknight. possibly the most bland character to exist XD

also you would die at this snake in my pool yesterday, he was an AERIAL snake!!!

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
i wouldnt call him an "aerial snake" rather a snake on a plane! also snakes air moves arent exactly ****, but they are just slow, i guess the back air is my fav though just because it looks like a good exercise. and cal GP is right as always! it seems you have gone to the dark side and chosen to main the "teabag with legs"

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
nah.. couldnt you tell from the manlyness when he drinks hes apple juice with a straw! hes clearly scared of no man! only decreased apple harvests

K.Mac

Smash Lord
i havent played any good metas, also i think id probably just kill anyone who plays the teabag of death anyways.
You'll have to kill me then if you ever meet me, although people do say in terms of skill level my Yoshi is better than my MK (it's just Yoshi is very heavily disadvantaged in most matchups -_-)

Though my MK isn't really that good. I DID beat Fuzzy's MK with it, though :troll:

I still don't think I should have beaten Slurp, you guys >_>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP you're just scared of losing to another MK, except this time it'll be a good one ;)
silence from you child :B

eff MK, how does R.O.B do in that match up? I dont think Ive played a good MK before?

Willz have you still not got that laptop of yours fixed!? I wanna see some of them vids now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWfICEguPeg :troll:
rob gets absolutely DESTROYED by mk
you should have figured that was the case when i decided to go ike over rob when willz used mk on me
infact its probably the main reason he isnt still high tier, pretty much solely because of his horrible weakness to getting juggled, along with a slow fall speed means that he isnt getting to the floor anytime soon

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i remember smashing kyoshi's yoshi with my ganon, nuff said

oh btw kyoshi theres vids up of eurogamer with you guys in the background, apparently all the smashers are called 'a bunch of british chavs' lol

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
eff MK, how does R.O.B do in that match up? I dont think Ive played a good MK before?

Willz have you still not got that laptop of yours fixed!? I wanna see some of them vids now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWfICEguPeg :troll:
Nah I ain't, why do you wanna see you and prof get ***** by Brado anyway?

and that vid is ****ing terrible, you guys suck stop playing melee and concentrate fully on brawl so you get a bit decent :)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i remember smashing kyoshi's yoshi with my ganon, nuff said

oh btw kyoshi theres vids up of eurogamer with you guys in the background, apparently all the smashers are called 'a bunch of british chavs' lol
lmao !

AD rob vs mk is like 40:60 mk dont know why u wud use ike over rob vs mk g.p u tool its worse for ike than rob

and bragging about beating kmacs metaknight isnt something to be proud of lmao kmeta to good tho

Top Bottom