• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
same with me i love using lucas hes just such a fun charachter to play and hes definately my most skillful charachter, but he does have his pitfals and he is low tier. still id class him as low mid tier , game and watch is my safe char, and im about as skilful with him and hes still fun, its just that lucas is slightly more fun! but since im not that bothered about winning im thinking to represent the lucas at the monthly :p

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah lucas is so underrated, hes got great comboing options pretty solid air and can ko most chars with down throw at about 150%, got alot of advanced techniques (some kinda pointless or hard to pull off consistently , im talking about zap jump and d tilt locks) if it werent for the fact that he gets chain grabbed too easily for a lightweight he would be great, the fact he can absorb alot of projectile gives him some great trolling opportunities :) same with his upsmash laggy move but halariously power, earlier i made my brother rage quit, he was playing marrio and tried to side smash me, i was slightly out of range and threw and upsmash at his hand and knocked him out from way outside its normal range :) he raged so hard.. (tom why do you always choose the gayiest charachters? u take all the fun out the game!!!) he says that and then casually tries to up tilt lock me everytime im on low % when hes playing fox and i litterally dont say a thing :) cos its funny to punish him with throws and intercepting him in the air when hes being predictable

Heartstring

Smash Legend
robs not low tier lol hes mid but i would change char if i was you hes not really viable at top level
you forget hes a melee guy, anything past falcon is a low tier to them :B

also, i gave you r.o.b advice, you just got to put it into practice an ****

Heartstring

Smash Legend
he is a slow character, why else do you think im using him?

also, if you want combos lasting longer than 3 hits, you're playing the wrong game. youre not getting anything lasting longer than 2 or 3 hits that are guaranteed combo's. learning how to hard read in brawl can get you those juicy combo's you're after

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
lucas is pretty fun to combo with also, but like g-s says its all about the reads alot of the time. i always find rob hard to read on the other hand because he doesnt have anything that flashy it all looks pretty similar, unlike someone like ike where u always know what u have been hit with, since hes a manly mofo

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, the problem is that-minus jab and bair-everything is so slow you can jsut wait for him to try and attack. most of my game runs off those two moves alone XD

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
and u cant blame him for that, jab is a great opener for ike and despite hes slowness u can punish people with devastating effect and can use some mind games with the foward b and counter, he also has a deceptively good air game, u just have to be abit pre-emptive, whats ur favourite momentum cancel with ike? i just though since his air moves are slow whether anythin can be used to make him more survivable, maybe back air?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its all about the spacing
but using side b and down b are pretty much always bad ideas.
also, for momentum cancelling, al of ikes aerials slow him the same amount, were not sure why. but ive gotten used to using B-air for it because it allows me to slow down faster when going horizontally

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah i figured, only problem i have is with most my charachters the best option is too neutral air, since its a quick move, but if u do neutral air with ike u will drop like a sack of shizz, i guess c sticking back air would be best so you dont di the wrong way lol.. man im so torn between lucas and gnw right now, i just completely dominated some peeps with gnw but lucas at least has 3 dimensions! tough decisions!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
well the melee scene is full of: Hype, Trolling, Alpha Dash, Regular Smashfests, Awesomeness, Crews, improvement etc.

but a lot of people play brawl, just not as often as melee, but this is only my assumption/oppinion

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
ive no experience on melee, but im happy to get pwned at it, if others are playing it at the fest :)

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
i think everyone should quit melee and brawl and start playing League Of Legneds!

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
bit random but anyone got any advice on hacks/mods for pal ssbb? all the tourney packs etc that i have found seem to be for ntsc, i did manually patch a pal iso but it crashes alot on wii, even the unedited one that has been moved around crashes, (something to do with the pcs formatting probably) it only seems to work if i burn the iso from disk and leave it unaltered) i have managed to apply the tourney pack to a ntsc iso and it works (apart from charachter hacks, but i think maybe the i dont have the right .gct file) but i dont like playing the ntsc because the resolution isnt right for my tv, it cuts off half of the player dmg % lol

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
you have to use ntsc, i think.

the res should be fine, that's weird oO, do you usually play in pal60?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
That's a problem with your TV ... my cousin's does that as well. Most old UK TVs don't even support NTSC; be thankful you can play in colour o_o

As for hacks ... you should really be running SD card hacks instead of modifying ISOs, but if you can run ISOs (i.e you softmodded / hardmodded your wii to run DVD copies of games) then just use the standard American SD card packs with an unaltered NTSC disc and it shouldn't crash. I can't remember how far PAL hacking got ... maybe andy knows :/

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah the ntsc does run in colour haha, it just lobs off maybe 40-50pixels at the bottom, i did mod an iso but they take ages doing 1 file at a time, the modded iso ran in dolphin fine and ran on the wii, but crashed randomly, even a unmoddified pal iso crashes randomly, unless i burn it on the wii from my disk, which is weird, but thanks for the advice ill just probably use ntsc for modding or work on some pal .gct's went and bought "melee" today also :) havent played it for about 5yrs haha, but since it seems like melee is at least popular if not more so then brawl i thought id give it a go with my mates!

keoni

Smash Rookie
hi everyone. i'm studying in london for three months and i want to check out the scene. anyone around the roehampton area that would like to play melee and or brawl?

Calzorz

Smash Lord
alright iv had a good 4months or so break from serious brawl , think its time i make a return and start training again i feel like i wana get back into it just not with snake next tourny i will come and enter i might not have all my godly reads and predictions like i use to but we will see :p!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i called it ever since you said you quit XD you would never be able to quit lol

would be good to see you at this again with your snake. although andy's now no.1, can you take it off him again? :B

Calzorz

Smash Lord
haha i could quit if i wanted too i wasnt fussed at all about coming back but then i decided i want to get back into it for a while and g.p you knowww me im still number 1 till people beat my results in europe son ;)! il try get training as much as possible im a bit buisier these days tho but il try stick to a few training sessions per week lol

edit: and i said not with snake lol want a new smash start

Heartstring

Smash Legend
exactly, i know you want to get back into it eventually XD youre like the anti-VA. says you quit, actually hasnt.

and im perfectly fine with that, i hate snake lol

Calzorz

Smash Lord
exactly, i know you want to get back into it eventually XD youre like the anti-VA. says you quit, actually hasnt.

and im perfectly fine with that, i hate snake lol
haha well i havent touched brawl training mode or that since i got 3rd in germany , andys mario beating my marth a week ago got me back into it a bit lmao

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
and i totally would have bought you some popcorn chicken if you came! for realsies! is it me or did all those tvs and ridiculous heat give anyone else mad headaches?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, well use whoever
i just need more sense when playing, i get by against new people, but as soon as i play against someone slippery i just cant adapt :L

and pixl, it is incredibly loud and hot in there. i think we've all gotten used to it now, if it bothered you that much you probably want to bring earplugs or some sort or drink a lot, as you saw by my love of apple juice, you need to drink tons when youre in there XD

Top Bottom