• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
"if" he was overused in england he should be banned.. (im pretty new to the competitive smash scene so my opinion doesnt mean much) but is he really that over centralised? just my two pence :p

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
any of u guys wanna play online? i wanna see if i get better connection with my new router

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the games, if im not working for the next monthly, hopefully can give ya a couple of friendlys

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Do it, it's like the Revolution skin but infinitely better. There's a Roy one as well, but I figured you'd prefer those two.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to figure out why I got Premium and when it runs out o_o

And those themes are pretty boss.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yo guys ive been discussing stuff with all the other people from different EU countries, and none of us are going to ban MK, except maybe France, so for out of country purposes you will need all the exp you can get, whether its from Calz new MK or someone's pocket Metaknight. We got a nice ruleset also which ive edited.

Were discussing on a ruleset atm, gonna find out what countries are doing with standing infinites.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
fair play. if no-one in eu is banning him then neither should we i guess

as for infinites, surely standing infinites should be banned always

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah they are lame, i even think ic's standing chain grab is gay :p that cos im salty about getting ***** by 1 :p also gp i think im free for 3rd but i dont know yet, will find out soon when my december gigs are

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I think IC's standing infinite is the exception to the rule because it's one of those things which appears to be quite easy, but is in fact quite difficult to pull off and requires a fair deal of practice o_o

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think IC's standing infinite is the exception to the rule because it's one of those things which appears to be quite easy, but is in fact quite difficult to pull off and requires a fair deal of practice o_o
its very hard so its one of those i reckon should stay legal, but otherwise standing infinites should be banned, things like IC CG and wall CG's should be allowed to cintinue up to 300%

Anyone playing this game competently yet? I really miss Smash.
come to a tournament and find out

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
its very hard so its one of those i reckon should stay legal, but otherwise standing infinites should be banned, things like IC CG and wall CG's should be allowed to cintinue up to 300%
NO WAY! IC's chaingrab should be banned! allow a chaingrab that pretty much guarantees death if you get grabbed - I don't see how that CAN'T be banned!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
NO WAY! IC's chaingrab should be banned! allow a chaingrab that pretty much guarantees death if you get grabbed - I don't see how that CAN'T be banned!
tiny grab range, horrible traction means a single hit on their shield pushes them for miles. not to mention that the chaingrab is incredibly difficult to do and requires perfect timing to pull of...this perfect timing is different for every single character too, dependsing on size, shape and weight.
if it was simply like D3 standing infinites then yes, it should be banned. but the skill and timing required to do it effectively is incredible
being the nearest neighbour to englands resident icies, i will claim that i know the weakness' of this character, and that rob can totally dismantle them without too much difficulty XD

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
To anyone who believes that the URC are abusing their power by not stickying tournament topics on the sole basis that they will not run their ruleset: Please PM AlphaZealot or post in here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312177 to let your voice be heard.

@Loz8: I seriously doubt IC chaingrabs will ever be banned.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
To anyone who believes that the URC are abusing their power by not stickying tournament topics on the sole basis that they will not run their ruleset: Please PM AlphaZealot or post in here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312177 to let your voice be heard.

@Loz8: I seriously doubt IC chaingrabs will ever be banned.
thank you monsier jolteon! ill be posting there now

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, thats pretty fail tbh :(
also jotleon now look what you did! you set me off and now im argueing with AZ...

Top Bottom