• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
16.Wario symbol
18.Pit's Symbol

We have one new series (MGS) and four old ones (ICs, Earthbound, G&W, FE). That leaves room for one more series.

zomg crap. I misunderstood Pyro.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
No no no. Look at it this way. The way they listed the icons. It went like this.
First, they listed the main characters (Luigi and Jigglypuff must didn't count because they're basically secondary)
Then, they put their Japanese names in alphabetical order. according to English sounds (of course it's in English. By the Japanese practically loves the English language)
Then, they replaced each name with the series they started in (I.E. Pikachu with Pokemon, Samus with Metroid, etc)

I know this is weird, but hey that how it appeared to the guy who said it.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Once again, can someone post ALL the confirmed character icons for Brawl in comparison to the characters icons Melee?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
sorry man, you would have to screen cap them from melee to compare.

That original set is in japanese alphabet, but where would Fire Emblem fit? because it is Faia Emburuemu, Marth is Mars, Roy is Roi and Ike is Aiku. None of those would fit in order so it gets me wondering about who what and where

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
he mentioned it would fit underneath the original. it goes the original smash 64 in alphabetical, then melee alphabetical, then brawl. so somewhere with ice climbers and game and watch

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Sakurai just does not want to release any icons past 18 (if there are any for now).

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Icons confirmed:
Mario
Yoshi
WarioWare
Kid Icarus
LoZ
Metroid
Starfox
Kirby
Pokemon
DK
F-Zero
Animal Crossing

A total of twelve

Icons not shown, but expected:
Metal Gear
Fire Emblem
Earthbound

three more

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
why does everyone assume 18 is the limit? I would put money of there being 3rd party ones AFTER Pit and if theoretically if at least one character from each franchise from melee were to return then there would be 2 new non 3rd pary franchises left. Perhaps Pikmin and ?

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Under what circumstances would ANY characters be removed if they were in Smash Bros?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
duh duh duhhhhhhhh

I truly never expected the animal crossing icon.

On a side note: YESSSS!! Tom Nook UNconfirmed!

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Well i've updated with the 2 new Icons, DK and Animal Crossing.
I also placed in Earthbound on 7 since it's the most plausible spot for it and Earthbound is the only other series from the original Smash not shown yet.

VA

Smash Hero
What about Game and Watch and Ice Climber symbols? If they return then all 18 will be taken up?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Many assumptions, many of them have some decent back up with the facts given out now. I think its a good find but its not hard evidence.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
why does everyone assume 18 is the limit? I would put money of there being 3rd party ones AFTER Pit and if theoretically if at least one character from each franchise from melee were to return then there would be 2 new non 3rd pary franchises left. Perhaps Pikmin and ?
Nobody said that 18 is the limit. However, we have no evidence that it will go past 18 (although it's almost guaranteed to do so).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Guys, don't be noobs. I'd be willing to bet $100 that there are more than 18 icons. I'd say there's even a good chance that there will be more than 20.

Most of the rest of the characters we are going to see are going to be solo reps for their franchises in Brawl. Thus, unless we're either getting a buttload of Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda characters or there will only be about 30 playable characters, then there will be more than 18.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
There must be more than 18 since now even some levels have their own icon.
ie animal xing

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
this animal crossing symbol will lead the boards to a heavy debate on Animal Crossing characters.

honestly, i think a stage can be the only rep for a franchise, and i hope it's this way for animal crossing. i would rather have them watch me in the background then have them as a playable fighter

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah, considering that every level has its respective universe as it's logo. I'm thinking this one is only for a stage. AC characters just wouldn't work. I guess they could MAKE it work, but it would be awkward.

Croco

Smash Lord
Mic closed my thread.. eh. Whatever..

This was what I originally posted.

MY THEROY
I believe all the characters are back from Melee and this does not include the clones..
I'm especially talking about Mr. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers..

From what I looked at from the symbol numbers.. I came up with this little image below..
Notice that the first symbols in order from left to right and from top to bottom are from the N64 Smash Brothers..
DK, StarFox, Kirby, F-Zero, Metroid, Earthbound, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, and Yoshi.

Then you have the newcomer universes/worlds to Melee.. Ice Climbers, Fire Emblem, and Mr. G&W.

So what is really missing? Metal Gear.. which yeah it would fit between Kid Icarus and Wario.. but it would make sense if it is after.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Where has anyone been able to find that that number 7 is the Earthbound icon? I haven't seen anything from Earthbound yet. I mean, if it was just filled in as an assumption, then couldn't the Fire Emblem sword icon or an ice climber eggplant icon, or the game & watch icon be in number 7? Its still totally plausible and possible that any of these franchises will be returning.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It hasn't been proven, but it looks like it fits there seeing as it looks like the first franchises are the ones that originated in the first smash game, which would include earthbound. As Croco has shown, there are 3 gaps for the other franchises included in melee, so it all fits together if Earthbound is spot no.7.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Then we can assume that everything after 18 (assuming there are more than 18 icons) are brand new characters/levels

Croco

Smash Lord
Where has anyone been able to find that that number 7 is the Earthbound icon? I haven't seen anything from Earthbound yet. I mean, if it was just filled in as an assumption, then couldn't the Fire Emblem sword icon or an ice climber eggplant icon, or the game & watch icon be in number 7? Its still totally plausible and possible that any of these franchises will be returning.
It hasn't been proven, but it looks like it fits there seeing as it looks like the first franchises are the ones that originated in the first smash game, which would include earthbound. As Croco has shown, there are 3 gaps for the other franchises included in melee, so it all fits together if Earthbound is spot no.7.
Then we can assume that everything after 18 (assuming there are more than 18 icons) are brand new characters/levels
15 and onward, at least at this point. Animal Crossing is new.
Yep.. unless the fire emblem symbol throws it all off.. then my theory might be correct.
Between Yoshi and Animal Crossing there are 3 spaces left.. the 3 newcomers to Melee must be those 3 spaces.

Also between Wario and Kid Icarus.. it could be ANYTHING.. We didn't even know that Animal Crossing was in.. hell, it could even be Eternal Darkness and after Kid Icarus could either be Metal Gear or more Nintendo franchises.

Check this out.. see if you can figure them all out. ;)

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Yep.. unless the fire emblem symbol throws it all off.. then my theory might be correct.
Between Yoshi and Animal Crossing there are 3 spaces left.. the 3 newcomers to Melee must be those 3 spaces.

Also between Wario and Kid Icarus.. it could be ANYTHING.. We didn't even know that Animal Crossing was in.. hell, it could even be Eternal Darkness and after Kid Icarus could either be Metal Gear or more Nintendo franchises.

Check this out.. see if you can figure them all out. ;)
Smash Bros
Dk
Starfox
Kirby
F-zero
Metroid
Earthbound/Mother
Pokemon
Zelda
Super Mario
Yoshi
Ice Climbers