• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bash!! Wi-fi tornument by Grandeza and PSTLL...THIS FRIDAY!! NO MORE ENTRIES!!

bebo27

Smash Cadet
NNID
imkewlhuh
changing characters from pit, mario, and wolf to pit, toon link, and wolf

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Is there still time to sign up? If so, my characters are Marth, Ike, and Pit. FC is 3523 1699 7962.

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
Brackets areup!Tornument starts friday at 6:30 est. It is now single elimination because there is 35 people!!! I wil Pm everyoe on friday about 3-4 hours before the tornument sothey can set up their wifi etc. You must check in at 6:00 est so we know who is in and who i out. post the results of all matches (best 2 out of 3) no matter what condition. Hope to see you all here Friday. Hopefully we will have a winner friday. Both the winner and losser have to post resultsso i know that no one is lying. See ya soon!
If you are looking for the brackets they areon the first page (op)

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for moving the time.
By the way, I changed out my Kirby for Ike, if you didn't see it yet.
And aim would be helpful for communication, whether it be the players or you on aim, but not really a necessity.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
quick word of advice... use something like bracketmaker.com to make the brackets more organized. I appreciate the effort, and I can tell who plays who, but the three brackets stacked on top of one another is a bit confusing. If ya could plz either do them on bracketmaker.com (takes literally... 10 mins) or just clarify a bit better that'd be great.

Just wondering, the top bracket image, I would assume to be the top third, the middle image the middle third, and the bottom, the bottom third? Jux wanna know cuz always make a copy of the brackets and fill them out as the tourney goes along... keeps me interested during down-times. I was just drawing them out, and if I'm not mistaken, having three sections means either the top or bottom third's winner will get a by to the finals?

bebo27

Smash Cadet
NNID
imkewlhuh
i dont get the brackets i mean i know who im fighting but the rest i dont get

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why are there going to be 3 winners or are the 3 finalists going to play each other

Grandeza

Smash Master
Ok well I can't make it to this wi-fi tournament so I guess Aryman will move up unless you feel the need to rework the bracket again.

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
Ok i know the brackets are confusing i will PM everyone the day of the torny and i will try to make new brackets if i et the time. I am changing the tornument time to 7:30 EST because i cant make 6:30. Check in at 7:00 and i will post updates as it goes along. I know it is confusing so bear along with me.
It is ok if you change your characters just as long as your oponent knows ur characters. Update i forgot to post my 3 characters so here theyy are. Lucario, Toon link, Shiek/zelda

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey boon, I'm telling you right now since I play you first that I can only play DK and I counter pick brinstar if I lose.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I reserve the right to change my three characters at any point during the tournament. That is to say, that in my first round match, I will pick a set of three characters and voice those characters to my opponent before the match starts. In the second round match, I may change those three characters, but again, I will tell my opponent before the match starts. Of course, I will only use the characters as defined in the set I list to my opponent.

If this is a problem... fine, whatev-- but I don't see why it would be. As an aside, one of my characters will *ALWAYS* be ROB

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I reserve the right to change my three characters at any point during the tournament. That is to say, that in my first round match, I will pick a set of three characters and voice those characters to my opponent before the match starts. In the second round match, I may change those three characters, but again, I will tell my opponent before the match starts. Of course, I will only use the characters as defined in the set I list to my opponent.

If this is a problem... fine, whatev-- but I don't see why it would be. As an aside, one of my characters will *ALWAYS* be ROB
that is dumb, if you hold that right there would be no point to the three character limit placed at the begining. If you know who you are playing next then you could counter pick a character for each of theirs and would go back and forth so long as they know who you are playing. so no, you should not have that right. It defeats the purpose

Ok I can make it since it was rescheduled.

@ ripple brinstar is banned
my bad, I guess I was looking at another tourny, I choose battlefield

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
that is dumb, if you hold that right there would be no point to the three character limit placed at the begining. If you know who you are playing next then you could counter pick a character for each of theirs and would go back and forth so long as they know who you are playing. so no, you should not have that right. It defeats the purpose
What's dumb is people saying "Im going to use character A, B,C" and then come on like a day later saying "Oh, Im changing my characters to B, M, D". What they are doing is no different than counterpicking characters. They see who the other people have posted as their characters and are changing their pics accordingly.

At least *I* am honest and forthright enough to let my opponent know ahead of time. I don't really pay that much attention to character match-ups anyway, not in online tournaments where a Wolf can spam the piss out of his smashes and beat a reasonably good player due to lag (seen it done dozens of time). That being said, I don't care whether or not my opponent changes his chars.

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said. Im not changing them during the set with my opponent. I'd wait to the next round when I'd face an entirely new opponent.

But, if we make it that far- I'll be absolutely *sure* to use the chars I listed in my reg. post to avoid any johnnage or discrepancy. :)

Grandeza

Smash Master
check in at 7 00 exchange friend codes with your rival etc. at 7 00 est. 7 30 is when it starts. I always counter pick delfino. characters: Diddy, Ganondorf, R.O.B.

Naryus

Smash Rookie
Hello i have a problem, i change my FC, so, the New one is 4811 - 6256 - 4327

Top Bottom