• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I feel absolutely ******** posting this, because it's so obscure that it's almost certainly NOT the right answer to the hint, but it just came to mind.

"J" is one of the best Makoto players in Japan. He's also featured in this guide, which is the basis for the hint:

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jan/05/makoto-street-fighter-3-third-strike-character-guide/

In the guide, towards the beginning, it says that "Most players put her around the 4th best overall character in the game". In Sliq's hint, he changed "4th" to "nth".

If "J" plays a character that is around 4th best in SF3, and we're looking for the "nth" best character in Brawl, then what number is n? If we make J=4 and count up, n=8.

Who is 8th in the current SBR tier list?

Teh Wario!!!

I know, lame answer, right? Now I've given crappy reasons for both Jigglypuff AND Wario...

Edit: Credit for the picture goes to AllisBrawl.com's tier list thread.

Sliq

Smash Master
I feel absolutely ******** posting this, because it's so obscure that it's almost certainly NOT the right answer to the hint, but it just came to mind.

"J" is one of the best Makoto players in Japan. He's also featured in this guide, which is the basis for the hint:

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jan/05/makoto-street-fighter-3-third-strike-character-guide/

In the guide, towards the beginning, it says that "Most players put her around the 4th best overall character in the game". In Sliq's hint, he changed "4th" to "nth".

If "J" plays a character that is around 4th best in SF3, and we're looking for the "nth" best character in Brawl, then what number is n? If we make J=4 and count up, n=8.

Who is 8th in the current SBR tier list?

Teh Wario!!!

I know, lame answer, right? Now I've given crappy reasons for both Jigglypuff AND Wario...

Edit: Credit for the picture goes to AllisBrawl.com's tier list thread.
Colder.

I'm not OS. My puzzle is way easier to figure out.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Wow, thanks, I almost missed that. Good thing you caught that for me. Good thing I wasn't joking. I sure am relieved.
And I'm pretty sure you've gotten every single joke created? JC man. Just because most people got the joke doesn't mean EVERYONE gets the joke. Sarcasm not only makes people feel stupid, but pisses people off.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Oy, Sliq, how much more outside knowledge does it take in order to move on from where we are now?

Btw, I don't know if someone's already pointed this out, but...

(FROM WIKIPEDIA)
Makoto Nagano (長野 誠, Nagano Makoto?, born March 30, 1972) is a commercial fisherman[1] and the captain of his vessel, the 28th Konpira Maru (第28金比羅丸, 28th Konpira Maru?).

Eh, Ness is the 28th character on the tier list...

Also, see if you guys can find out anything on the name Makoto Toda, or just plain "Toda". I think "TODay" means "T-O-D-Ay".

"Ay" most likely means "A". So, "T-O-D-A"...

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I was dead serious about that one though. His avatar is made of win.

Anyway, I;m out of ideas on this character, and there isn't enough input here to really go much further.
I'll throw out reasoning for one more character, just so I can be wrong 3 times.

Check out Sliq's friends. One of them is *Jman*. Earlier I gave reasoning as to why we should be looking for people with "J" in their name, so look back a page or so if you didn't get it.

Look at *Jman*'s profile pic.

The character is Fox.

That is all.

Edit: I don't really know why I keep quoting you cr4sh, probably because you're a Luigi main and Weegee is full of win.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I can easily camp him out on the ledge or by simply hitting him away and running.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think this is what is ruining the game?

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Also, see if you guys can find out anything on the name Makoto Toda, or just plain "Toda". I think "TODay" means "T-O-D-Ay".

"Ay" most likely means "A". So, "T-O-D-A"...
There's a combo video for Street Fighter by a pro called NKI called Touch of Death (TOD). Not sure if thats help.

Sliq

Smash Master
It's just a dreadful description, I think.

Sliq probably doesn't know how Fox is played.
I'm pretty sure I play every character in Brawl better than you, even the ones I don't play.

Man I'm pretentious.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand the clue very well, but here's my guess and reasoning.

Let's see who's left: Fox, Ness, Lucas, JP, Wario.
Now who's Down special is nasty?: Fox, Jp, Wario
Who has a Side special that's offensive?: Ness, Lucas, JP, and maybe Wario

I don't get the rest of it, so I'm just going to say it's Jigglypuff. :/

Smash_me_mavrick

Smash Rookie
confused

im new to smash boards and im confused as to what you are talking about when you speak of Mewtwo you can't get him in brawl right ? So are that overview about him in melee

Grunt

Smash Master
It's just a dreadful description, I think.

Sliq probably doesn't know how Fox is played.
What?
no.
The description is of Makoto from Third Strike, but we don't really know where to go from there.
The only good guess I've heard is a good makoto player is J. There is a Jman who plays fox (in melee at least) but still, it doesn't sound concrete enough.

sam4

Smash Cadet
Well, if it helps, Bink seems to be a hip-hop producer according to this Wiki article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bink_(producer)

I don't know (actually I don't think) this will help, but this article mentions something about Jay-Z, which could link back to the "J" argument.

It's completely random crap I pulled out of my *** in five minutes, but it might inspire, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Also, I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6anNVQCl3I

It's in Japanese though, so if anyone here knows Japanese this just might give use a subtle clue... but again, I don't think this will help at all, I'm just throwing it out there.

M@v

Subarashii!
I mean there is very minimal hitstun, but nothing to have true combos. If they tech the shine hit or di right they can avoid the dash attack.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Fox is the first of the remaining characters to be under a "nth" number on the tier list (nineteenth)

Wario, however, fits most of the rest of the descriptions. Down B is really good and leaves them open for stuns. Side B is good offensive, but not to be used often. Up B is hard to hit with, and Neutral B is strong/weak.

Wario also fits most of the main descriptions.

/guess Wario

Top Bottom