• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Would they care? After all, they were pretty offended at how their character was being represented in the back room. And they were the first board to degenerate their "character of the week" discussion into a spam thread.
I would care :( I'd been waiting with avid anticipation for Sonic's discussion for..... how many weeks now?? I'm sad about what happened to that discussion, but there wasn't much meaningful input from the SBR in it anyway. I don't fault them too much for that... there aren't many Sonic mains, and we'll all admit he's not a great character.... but whatevs.

As for your hint...... youtube "Xehanort" twice.... but why is there an "x" in your youtube anagram, hmmmm...... I'm not sure which vid I'm supposed to get. "Where are you" could mean, where is the locale in the video set, or something like that.... "Related insider" might mean, look at the Related vids, lol, but prolly not as that can change at any time. This points the subsequent direction, but I haven't gotten there yet lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I would care :( I'd been waiting with avid anticipation for Sonic's discussion for..... how many weeks now?? I'm sad about what happened to that discussion, but there wasn't much meaningful input from the SBR in it anyway. I don't fault them too much for that... there aren't many Sonic mains, and we'll all admit he's not a great character.... but whatevs.

As for your hint...... youtube "Xehanort" twice.... but why is there an "x" in your youtube anagram, hmmmm...... I'm not sure which vid I'm supposed to get. "Where are you" could mean, where is the locale in the video set, or something like that.... "Related insider" might mean, look at the Related vids, lol, but prolly not as that can change at any time. This points the subsequent direction, but I haven't gotten there yet lol.
Well, I would care more about the Sonic discussion if I believed they would do a better job on it. I guess the real question is would there be any sonic mains in the back room the second time. Because no one knows the state of his metagame.

I can't give you too much on the hint without giving it away - the hint is either really easy or really hard, but I'm not sure which yet. However, I'll give more away as time passes, for now, you should know that this is not a Samurai Panda hint.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Bouxytue "Xehanort" twice

Where are you

related insider

1 18 1
I have been lead to Two Hearts by Phil Collins lol.

The extra x in youtube I removed, and I also removed it from Xehanort.

Apparently, Xehanort without the "x" can be anagrammed to be "no heart".

So twice the hearts is two hearts.

Then I searched that on Youtube and found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQK6CGqGleI

Note the lyrics, "Wherever you are".

I am SO wrong, but I just thought I'd share my silliness, eheh.

I never played Kingdom Hearts, so I'm pretty much useless here lol.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well, I would care more about the Sonic discussion if I believed they would do a better job on it. I guess the real question is would there be any sonic mains in the back room the second time. Because no one knows the state of his metagame.
If they were full of more than hot air we would. =P

There aren't really that many good sonics doing anything special. All this crap we heard about after we released the discussion was like taking a stroll through the Pit boards, except somehow more desperate.

infomon

Smash Scientist
but pit can superwingdashloopcancel 'n stuf amirite!??

Sir Bedevere, that was much more epic than anything I'd come up with, so good job lol. I loved Kingdom Hearts, but never even realized Xehanort was an anagram for Xnoheart lullllz how lame.... gg.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace

There aren't really that many good sonics doing anything special. All this crap we heard about after we released the discussion was like taking a stroll through the Pit boards, except somehow more desperate.
Overswarm the only crap you heard was basically from your mouth. maybe because you dont respect the character. Honestly it seems to me that every single SBR member had something to say about pit and you only had something to say about pit players not only that but you make hasty generalizations based on the character. seriously whats the point in making threads about basics? honestly pit does NOT have a player count problem infact pretty much every noob spammer ends up starting with pit. why should we cater to them? they only make our rep worse. by creating as advanced tech as possible maybe it will discourage them and swtch to someone more tangible like lets say rob.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm the only crap you heard was basically from your mouth. maybe because you dont respect the character. Honestly it seems to me that every single SBR member had something to say about pit and you only had something to say about pit players not only that but you make hasty generalizations based on the character. seriously whats the point in making threads about basics? honestly pit does NOT have a player count problem infact pretty much every noob spammer ends up starting with pit. why should we cater to them? they only make our rep worse. by creating as advanced tech as possible maybe it will discourage them and swtch to someone more tangible like lets say rob.
I couldn't find your thesis statement in this short essay so I'm just gonna go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and say you burned me.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Theses "you are arrogant and rude and often you dont know very much about what you are talking about but you would rather defend one of your points to death rather than be proven wrong."

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I couldn't find your thesis statement in this short essay so I'm just gonna go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and say you burned me.
Not really.
I'll add to CJ.

Sonic users have not done anything? Could have fooled me.
Originally Sonic started off poorly in the tournaments. He was in the high 30's when he started out. Shortly afterwards Sonic rose into the twenties and has averaged around the high 20's. since then. This means he outperforms a large majority of the characters in the SBR tierlist that are above him.

Desperate? In what way? In the fact that we actually want to be heard instead of simply ignored as usual? You're right we shouldn't bemoan the fact that people still make stupid arguments against Sonic. We should not go out of our way to ensure that the correct information is provided so that we do not have to deal with stupid people going "WOMG II DIDN'T KNOW SONIC COULD DO THAT!?'.

We should all accept it when the SBR states " We do not care for sonic so why bother?" and we should totally act likes its right when the character is portrayed incorrectly.
We totally should just smile and nod in agreement when an SBR member says the following "I heard that his dash attack could roll over bananas and not pick them up."
Or when another SBR member says.
"Bad Sonics do nothing different from good Sonics"
Or my personal favorite, when they reference to Lucky. Someone who stopped using Sonic several months ago.

Or how about when the SBR states that they don't care about Sonic because they feel he is not viable at high levels of play (which many agree) and so should just be glossed over no matter how bad the information may be.

Now I usually don't mind when people get things wrong about Sonic. I usually ignore the whole "lol no priority, lol jab to stop him" comments.
Hell I didn't mind Sonic's placement in the SBR tierlist.

What does irk me is when the SBR displays their own lack of knowledge openly and act as if it is perfectly justified.

No intelligent Sonic mains are saying he is high tier. No one says he does well in high level play.
None of the Sonic mains even care where he gets placed tierlist wise.
What we do want, is that what is said, is accurate.
We can care less if someone random gets the information on Sonic wrong We usually correct them and tell them to visit one of the links.
We do get pissed when the SBR, which is known for being knowledgeable on Smash, says things that are wrong or inaccurate.

Thats it.
So please do us a favor and give information that is accurate and be willing to listen to what the board is saying.
We don't expect the SBR to say things on par with "I out prioritized Sonic's spinshot".

tl;dr: As long as you get your information straight we can care less if you put Sonic last in the tier list. Just as long as the information is correct. Thats it.

@cj: Stop it doesn't help your case.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Relax Sonics, everything will be resolved once Anther gets into the SBR.

Sonic is one of his secondaries, no?

Also, people still argue with Overswarm? Haven't you people learned by now that OS could look you in the eye, say "I am wrong" right to your face, and still make YOU look wrong in front of all your peers?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

You'll wish you players are sensible as even the Sonic or Pit boards whenever you do Fox's discussion and post it on those boards. It'd be better to lock it the second you make it viewable to the public, as that blind-sighted community won't be happy with anything short of you telling them Fox is the best character in the game countering or going even every top/high tier. It's to the point where the people who know things, such as Scotu, just don't post there anymore.

It doesn't matter whether you say Fox is good or not (he isn't), but it'll be an interesting flame war to say the least. I'll enjoy watching it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Fox boards will get truthful and accurate representations of their public perception and SBR assumptions on their potential, just like everyone else. They can deal. =P

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Overswarm:

We do not want a representation of the public perception of Fox. We already know how we, the public, percieve the character. We want to know things about the character that high level players employ, and tactics that the character uses to win, such as the actual fighting style, not the popularly assumed style.

In short, we want accurate information about the character, not knowledge of how we already viewed the character prior to the discussion, no matter who the character is. This is especially true with characters whose boards are filled with unintelligible spam that makes it impossible to figure out even basic concepts such as how the character compares to other characters.

When doing the discussion threads, you do not need to appeal to the character's mainers at all. They already know about their character. However, characters that outsiders cannot figure out, such as sonic, must have accurate information for the sake of the people who do not main Sonic, and have also found their boards cluttered beyond belief. These people need accurate information for the sake of understanding the character, as the character's boards are not helping him, in the same way the character's boards did not seem intelligible to you.

Hint Discussion:

Not much discussion on this. All I can say is that I am NOT Samurai, or Overswarm, or even Dazwa. I also don't have a youtube account. However, the hint has been adjusted for current conditions.

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm getting kinda bored with the hint thing, as no ones guessing at it at all. If you guys need another hint to help you with this one, I'll tell you this much: When you look back at this, you will find all of this ironic. Also, I would bring in a few more people to take a look at this. It might help to have a few extra opinions, so far there has only been three. They might see something you don't.

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25

XienZo

Smash Lord
I'm getting kinda bored with the hint thing, as no ones guessing at it at all. If you guys need another hint to help you with this one, I'll tell you this much: When you look back at this, you will find all of this ironic. Also, I would bring in a few more people to take a look at this. It might help to have a few extra opinions, so far there has only been three. They might see something you don't.

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25
Xehanort is a character in KH2

One of the best KH2 player's username is Bizkit

We had a clue with a video of Limp Bizkit.

The clue is in the same video again.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Xehanort is a character in KH2

One of the best KH2 player's username is Bizkit

We had a clue with a video of Limp Bizkit.

The clue is in the same video again.
Nice guess, but I don't know Bizkit. However, Bizkit might be more able to solve this than most. He also may have no idea what this is about at all. I might be giving too much away, but I want to make sure someone figures this out in time for Overswarm's hint Monday.

This might help, or it might not:

Lexsint

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yeah, it's an anagram for "listen", again with an x for no reason lol. So I suppose we need to listen to whatever vid we're supposed to find, but I'm not searching for it properly lol, like I'm stuck on the first part of your hint XD ah well.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah, it's an anagram for "listen", again with an x for no reason lol. So I suppose we need to listen to whatever vid we're supposed to find, but I'm not searching for it properly lol, like I'm stuck on the first part of your hint XD ah well.
Actually, the word lexsint in no way applies to the hint. But if you can solve lexsint, you can sove the hint. You thought it over once, now think it over a second time.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually, the word lexsint in no way applies to the hint. But if you can solve lexsint, you can sove the hint. You thought it over once, but you need to think it over a couple times.

Snare

Smash Lord
lexsint isn't a part of the hint. But lexsint should help you solve the hint. Think it over a couple times.

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25
xemnas = man *ex

besides that im stuck. xehanort is from kh2, and the 1 1 25 could be a passage in something or a date

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
xemnas = man *ex

besides that im stuck. xehanort is from kh2, and the 1 1 25 could be a passage in something or a date
Slixnet.

Same letters as lexsint, so what can be derived from it is the same as what can be derived from lexsint. In other words, an answer to slixnet is an answer to lexsint as well.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
xemnas is an anagram for man sex. people think he is gay for that. but on topic, xemnas is xehanort's nobody. when xehanort became a heartless, he called himself ansem, who was his master. he was the guy you fought in kh1, and i mean the heartless. the real ansem killed himself trying to destroy kingdom hearts.

i think OS is a kh fan, but no one is a bigger fanboy of kh then me.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'll say it again: Just google Xehanort.

EDIT: I should clarify. Asking you to google "Xehanort" is another way of saying you need to brush up on a little Kingdom Hearts trivia. Kingdom Hearts trivia, while not necesary, can be useful in solving this hint. While you figured out the use of anagrams, you need another hint in addition to Xehanort having "no heart". Maybe wikipedia will help.

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
Xehanort is an anagram of No Heart / Another

Youtube "Another/No Heart" twice
but that leads me nowwhere.

Where are you.. no idea what that could mean

the World --> Za Warudo!!! famous attack of Dio Brando.. but dunno how this is in connection with the rest of the hints.

1 1 25, AAY... no idea.

Top Bottom