• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
You'll wish you players are sensible as even the Sonic or Pit boards whenever you do Fox's discussion and post it on those boards. It'd be better to lock it the second you make it viewable to the public, as that blind-sighted community won't be happy with anything short of you telling them Fox is the best character in the game countering or going even every top/high tier. It's to the point where the people who know things, such as Scotu, just don't post there anymore.

It doesn't matter whether you say Fox is good or not (he isn't), but it'll be an interesting flame war to say the least. I'll enjoy watching it.
The part about Fox is jsut sooooooo true.The Fox boards are just...man I dont have a word to describe the **** that happens there.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The part about Fox is jsut sooooooo true.The Fox boards are just...man I dont have a word to describe the **** that happens there.
I know at least one member of the Fox boards overrates Fox a bit too much, but most of them are realistic when the evidence is there.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Xehanort is an anagram of No Heart / Another

Youtube "Another/No Heart" twice
but that leads me nowwhere.

Where are you.. no idea what that could mean

the World --> Za Warudo!!! famous attack of Dio Brando.. but dunno how this is in connection with the rest of the hints.

1 1 25, AAY... no idea.
Well, if I were to do something twice, I'd probably do it like this: Bouxytue "Xehanort" "Xehanort"

Hint:

Bouxytue "Xehanort" twice

Where are you

the World

1 1 25

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Interesting that I should happen to show up here and see this.

Fox's isn't too off.
Look at the Ike board's match-up thread. It made my jaw drop.
Your claim of those numbers being "top tier" was addressed in the original post. Every single one of those numbers (Except for MK) is worse than or equal to what the Marth board has. And Marth isn't even considered to be top tier, he's high. Close your jaw, please.

Oh lord, don't get me started.

I had to go in there and argue for one of the scores, and it's still the same, despite the topic creator not addressing some of my points.
You'll have to excuse me for forgetting to address your points, Arturito and I started a massive discussion about Meta Knight and Snake and whatever and your post just got lost in the process. Just repost again and I'll get to it ASAP.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
You'll have to excuse me for forgetting to address your points, Arturito and I started a massive discussion about Meta Knight and Snake and whatever and your post just got lost in the process. Just repost again and I'll get to it ASAP.
I posted where we left off in your thread, so we can pick back up where we left off.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Well, if I were to do something twice, I'd probably do it like this: Bouxytue "Xehanort" "Xehanort"

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25
The World That Never Was is where Xehanort's nobody is in KH2.
Xehanort's heartless was in KH Chain of Memories, which was a heavy influence on The World Ends With You
In KH1, in the last fight against Xehanort, he summons this giant ship thing called the World of Chaos.

In KH Birth By Sleep, Master Xehanort created Kingdom Hearts, the Heart of all Worlds.
In KH 358/2 Days, Xehanort's organization gets new members who don't know who they are or where anyone is.
In KH Coded, there is a cryptic message in Jiminy's journal that makes no sense.

Which one should I check?

Edit:
Second battle in KH1 against Xehanort: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKr4y78UctM
Second battle in CoM against Xehanort: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNTq4RH7Qzg
Second battle in KH2 against Xehanort's nobody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7P2bhCgP0

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Your claim of those numbers being "top tier" was addressed in the original post. Every single one of those numbers (Except for MK) is worse than or equal to what the Marth board has. And Marth isn't even considered to be top tier, he's high. Close your jaw, please.
I feel many of your match-up ratings are exaggerated in Ike's favor. They don't resemble a character in the lower mid tier. Either the SBR's tier list placing of Ike is unforgivably off, or you need to revise your ratings.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I feel many of your match-up ratings are exaggerated in Ike's favor. They don't resemble a character in the lower mid tier. Either the SBR's tier list placing of Ike is unforgivably off, or you need to revise your ratings.
I gotta agree with Mister_E here. You seriously overestimate Ike.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I haven't been in this thread all week, but looking back a few pages ago I saw the hint had "related insider" instead of "the World" and "1 18 1" instead of "1 1 25"

Is there reason for this or is it just to make it easier?
The reason was not to make it easier. The reason was that the hint was no longer solvable in the original form, and had to be changed to be solvable. The original was solvable when the hint first came out.

The World That Never Was is where Xehanort's nobody is in KH2.
Xehanort's heartless was in KH Chain of Memories, which was a heavy influence on The World Ends With You
In KH1, in the last fight against Xehanort, he summons this giant ship thing called the World of Chaos.

In KH Birth By Sleep, Master Xehanort created Kingdom Hearts, the Heart of all Worlds.
In KH 358/2 Days, Xehanort's organization gets new members who don't know who they are or where anyone is.
In KH Coded, there is a cryptic message in Jiminy's journal that makes no sense.

Which one should I check?
I have no idea why you would do any of that. This could be solved by someone who has never played Kingdom Hearts. Bouxytue "Xehanort" "Xehanort"

A bit of advice: Any comment to which I respond "this is true" or something similar means that it is true, and not a wrong approach. When you do something incorrect, I will never comment by saying "this is true."

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'd say lower mid tier is sort of off, but nothing unforgivable. As for the ratings, anything you have an issue with, anything at all, just post and it'll be addressed.

I gotta agree with Mister_E here. You seriously overestimate Ike.
Either that or there is some serious underestimation of Ike going on elsewhere.

XienZo

Smash Lord
The reason was not to make it easier. The reason was that the hint was no longer solvable in the original form, and had to be changed to be solvable. The original was solvable when the hint first came out.

I have no idea why you would do any of that. This could be solved by someone who has never played Kingdom Hearts. Bouxytue "Xehanort" "Xehanort"

A bit of advice: Any comment to which I respond "this is true" or something similar means that it is true, and not a wrong approach. When you do something incorrect, I will never comment by saying "this is true."

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25
When is the hint going to expire? Since, if we get serious and solve it now, we'll be bored for the rest of the time.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
When is the hint going to expire? Since, if we get serious and solve it now, we'll be bored for the rest of the time.
I disagree with you. If you solve the hint tonight, OS will probably have a new one up by tomorrow at midnight. I want to have this finished in time for a real hint.

Anyway, you should be able to solve it, if you do it right now. I think you figured out all the toughest parts at some point or another.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Few questions:

1. How did you guys get Xenahort from and everything else?

2. WTF is Ike's match-ups being discussed here?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Few questions:

1. How did you guys get Xenahort from and everything else?

2. WTF is Ike's match-ups being discussed here?
2. We were discussing how character boards would react to character of the week discussions, and We started discussing the information on the boards. We strated discussing Ike information.

1. There is no real hint this week, so I decided to use mine. It can be any character of Smash's roster.

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord

Hint:

Where are you

the World

1 1 25
Blahhh, I can't get it. I already figured out what to do with the first line, pretty much (Youtube "No heart/Another No heart/Another"). For No heart No heart, none of them have No heart repeated, so they could have easily been searched by styping only one No heart. None of them are about KH either. So no help there. And for Another Another, there's only one video that has it repeated, but there are no lyrics, and none of the related vids have anything to do with "Where are you", so that's a dead end. Only interesting thing to note is that the 3rd result is Phil Collins. That dude is following me. o_O

And even if I could figure that out, I don't know what to do after that. I never played Kingdom Hearts and barely know anything about it. And Kingdom Hearts is way too big for me to figure out what else I need to know, so...I give up lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Blahhh, I can't get it. I already figured out what to do with the first line, pretty much (Youtube "No heart/Another No heart/Another"). For No heart No heart, none of them have No heart repeated, so they could have easily been searched by styping only one No heart. None of them are about KH either. So no help there. And for Another Another, there's only one video that has it repeated, but there are no lyrics, and none of the related vids have anything to do with "Where are you", so that's a dead end. Only interesting thing to note is that the 3rd result is Phil Collins. That dude is following me. o_O

And even if I could figure that out, I don't know what to do after that. I never played Kingdom Hearts and barely know anything about it. And Kingdom Hearts is way too big for me to figure out what else I need to know, so...I give up lol.
You are very close. When I picked Xehanort, I was aware of both "no heart" and "another".

Trust me, you have more than enough knowledge simply from reading this discussion.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I tried no heart where are you and another the world but that didn't turn out well...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
You are very close. When I picked Xehanort, I was aware of both "no heart" and "another".

Trust me, you have more than enough knowledge simply from reading this discussion.
Omfg, lololol, I still have the "get-the-answer-right-after-complaining" curse! Only it's gotten weaker, since I only have it half solved. :/

Are you sure everything is still constant? Is "the World" still applicable?

JLynn943

Smash Ace
that was good.

I clicked on the Where Are You related video, but I didn't see anything in the related videos. should have clicked to see all 40

nice hint

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Yes.

Where are you

the World

1 1 25

youtube "another "no heart" - video 1

Where are you - related video 1

Sonic the Hedgehog - His World - related video 25
Oh, THAT'S what the numbers meant. XD I just ctrl+f'd "world" once I noticed the "see all 40 videos" button, and as Sonic's was the only one, I just went with it.

By the way, the no heart + another video is 2nd, not first. :x

But yeah, His World with lyrics is so much better than the instrumental in Brawl. I like the verses. <3

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Oh, THAT'S what the numbers meant. XD I just ctrl+f'd "world" once I noticed the "see all 40 videos" button, and as Sonic's was the only one, I just went with it.

By the way, the no heart + another video is 2nd, not first. :x

But yeah, His World with lyrics is so much better than the instrumental in Brawl. I like the verses. <3
You didn't quote "no heart." If you did, it would have been video 1.

By the way, best hint week ever in retrospect. Especially when I was giving you hint help while discussing Sonic.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I DISAGREE.

Can't stand the lyrical version. UGH. Although I wished they would have done more than loop the version they put in to Brawl. Y'know, provide variation other than the same chords over and over again.

I do like some of the renditions they did in Sonic '06 (particularly His World: Solaris Phase).

BACK ON TOPIC.

Smooth Criminal

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
It's first for me when I search: "another" "no heart"
You didn't quote "no heart." If you did, it would have been video 1.

By the way, best hint week every in retrospect. Especially when I was giving you hint help while discussing Sonic.
Darned quotes. <_>

I DISAGREE.

Can't stand the lyrical version. UGH. Although I wished they would have done more than loop the version they put in to Brawl. Y'know, provide variation other than the same chords over and over again.

I do like some of the renditions they did in Sonic '06 (particularly His World: Solaris Phase).

BACK ON TOPIC.

Smooth Criminal
Rofl, I think that's the one that we were supposed to find. The vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kkEVJFxA1A

Is that from '06?

lolopinions. I do know what you mean by "you can't stand them" but I like these kinds of songs/vocals some of the time. :<

Perhaps it's just because I'm sick of the same **** thing being played over and over in Brawl, I don't know.

And what topic? This is for discussing the hint for the next character discussion. There is no hint. XD

Top Bottom