• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

bigman40

Smash Master
It's Yoshi because the Dragonic Reverse is the only AT in the game that actually requires ludicrous technical skill from the player. Do you know how many people can effectively DR during a match and make it work? Zero. If even one person could do it consistently enough, we'd see them in tourneys, because the DR is a wavedash.
Sry, but going to have to correct you. There are about 3-4 Yoshi mains that use this tech effectively. Bwett is the only one that is doing tourneys out of us 3 or 4, but he doesn't use it alot. On the other hand, 2 of us use this move ALOT, like, almost to the point where you can do it as effortlessly as wavedashing (I'm one of those two.) The tech is very challenging to have down. As long as any of us has worked on perfecting it, the closest percentage I would have to say that anyone has this down to would be about 80%.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Pieisthebest - do you mean that hint 22 is yoshi? 21 is already pit lol.

OK THIS IS YOSHI. cant be olimar. lucas has no potentail. ( i dont think he does... if he does then what is it?! ) PT is... no potential. fox is none either. DK is figured out. Mario may be. Luigi may be, but he doesn't have many tricks except for comboes and such.

^^Agreed entirely! IC's potential has already been used up or used up almost all the way. They've been played and feared since their ICGs were figured out.

But... whats the exact definition of a 'technical' AT? something that improves a 'physical' movement or what?

Edit: @Alopex - There are actually a couple people i know who use the DR at least a couple times each match. One is Bigman, and unless if im thinking of the wrong person, Chaco also is able to use it once in a while. But ya there really isn't many other people i know who are really good at using it.

i guess ill check the lucas boards to see if they have potential
I love the name mention, but I can do it whenever i want, I just choose not to. XD Although I am incorporating DT into my game now, as well as DR.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
I think too that a skilled Yoshi could be very good. But not scary, or not with the potential a desynched IC with a player in full control of it could do.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
^^ :) whats this new Draconic Trot? well i'll just ask the Yoshi Tribe on chatango...

Ok i've decided its Yoshi.

YOU SEE, YOSHI IS

HE IS NOT XXXX YOU FLAMERS, since he is

10. DRACONIC REVERSE!!! which allows him to do:

(hehe if you recognize this, many people have used this kind of a format to prove Yoshi and stuff, and i decided to just post it to remind people/prove my point :) )

so you see, Yoshi is the only character with DEDICATED brawlers who WONT stop til they PROVE their points. ICs... it CANT be them. their potential is up or almost up, their ICGs were found out a while ago. Also, everyone ALREADY knows that an IC master can infinite CG you to death. They don't have to prove that, they pretty much already did through the ICs who went to tournies and/or posted combo vids and such.

YOSHI PERIODZR!!!1O21!@!ONEONEONEone

BBQ°

Smash Champion
It's Yoshi because the Dragonic Reverse is the only AT in the game that actually requires ludicrous technical skill from the player. Do you know how many people can effectively DR during a match and make it work? Zero. If even one person could do it consistently enough, we'd see them in tourneys, because the DR is a wavedash.
To add on to what Bigman said, the reason why you don't see him using it in tournaments is because GA hates Brawl and there are no good tournaments to go to. Fight him online and you'll be able to see though.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Sry, but going to have to correct you. There are about 3-4 Yoshi mains that use this tech effectively. As long as any of us has worked on perfecting it, the closest percentage I would have to say that anyone has this down to would be about 80%.
Isn't that the problem? In a tournament, the only acceptable percentage of consistency is 100%. And because not even the best Yoshis (you, Chaco, Mmac, Bwett, etc) can get this down 100% YET, none of them have made it big enough in a tournament to change Yoshi's general perception in the Smash community.
This is a problem that I'm sure will be remedied once you've all got the DR down to the 100% rate. Melee pros could wavedash at 100% and it changed the game. Once you guys can DR at 100%, you will change Yoshi's game in Brawl.

I support Yoshi mains, I'll just never be one because I can't master the DR and have given up. T'was too frustrating for me.

bigman40

Smash Master
Isn't that the problem? In a tournament, the only acceptable percentage of consistency is 100%. And because not even the best Yoshis (you, Chaco, Mmac, Bwett, etc) can get this down 100% YET, none of them have made it big enough in a tournament to change Yoshi's general perception in the Smash community.
This is a problem that I'm sure will be remedied once you've all got the DR down to the 100% rate. Melee pros could wavedash at 100% and it changed the game. Once you guys can DR at 100%, you will change Yoshi's game in Brawl.

I support Yoshi mains, I'll just never be one because I can't master the DR and have given up. T'was too frustrating for me.
Actually, in brawl, you can get away with somethings as messing up a DR. When you mess it up, you get SH aerials (or something else depending on what you missed). It's not like melee where if you messed up once, your stock was gone, or you get combo'd from 0% to 50%. Really, the only ones (now) that are going to big tourneys I guess are LilB and Yoster, but they don't even use the DR. Hell, most Yoshi mains don't truly agree in incorporating the DR since it's hard to get down, and they believe it isn't revolutionary. I don't have it down to 100%, but I can show you easily that it can open up alot of options that Yoshi didn't have before (not on Lag-fi though. I've been playing offline at college due to bad internet provider here).

Also, to that last sentence, you don't have to master everything you see to stay as a main. Many good Yoshi mains don't even use the move and can still perform really well without it. And it was frustrating to them too.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I want PT already.... :cry:
Well, it certainly sounds like PT (small fanbase, technical skill just to get around a faulty mechanic, the potential doodad, and the fact that there are a couple who think he's much higher tier). However, don't get your hopes up, as I have been wrong here before (along with being turned into a crazy person and laughed at for asking about a character I seriously had no Idea about [Sephiroth {I know NOW}])

iLink

Smash Champion
That paragraph sounds like something a yoshi main would say so I'm gonna go with Yoshi on this one

CR4SH

Smash Lord
What a vague tip.

Luigi cause he's my main (SHOOORYUUUKEN!)

Yoshi, because its *obviously* yoshi, like, every single week.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Lol. "This character isn't used much but it has a lot of potential."

Anyway, it's so obviously Yoshi. With like, that Draconic something. The pseudo-wavedash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey everyone, I have a purple name, that means I know what the character is. I mean, I told you all #20 was Mewtwo and Dazwa told you all that #20 was Mewtwo and we were right, weren't we? Therefore #22 is Yoshi. Flawless logic.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Hey everyone, I have a purple name, that means I know what the character is. I mean, I told you all #20 was Mewtwo and Dazwa told you all that #20 was Mewtwo and we were right, weren't we? Therefore #22 is Yoshi. Flawless logic.
why oh why did you have to do that. now i am really doubting my choice because of this. thank you ankoku.

EDIT: v and Dawsa SIGH v I bet that one time, even though it may not be this time, they are going to burn us.
.....unless they pull mindgames and never lie X_X

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
hey Everyone, I Have A Purple Name, That Means I Know What The Character Is. I Mean, I Told You All #20 Was Mewtwo And Dazwa Told You All That #20 Was Mewtwo And We Were Right, Weren't We? Therefore #22 Is Yoshi. Flawless Logic.
DARN U reverse psychlogy!!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how come when ever ppl talk about the few great yoshi's, my boy shiri never gets brought up. that dude is amazing, no joke. he can wavedash and catch a gyro, and im pretty sure he was the founder of yoshis entire grab release game. man, i swear, no respect, rochester dont get no respect

bigman40

Smash Master
how come when ever ppl talk about the few great yoshi's, my boy shiri never gets brought up. that dude is amazing, no joke. he can wavedash and catch a gyro, and im pretty sure he was the founder of yoshis entire grab release game. man, i swear, no respect, rochester dont get no respect
Sorry....but Shiri didn't do much but tournament results and anaylsis. Mmac found mainly most of the grab release. In fact, Shiri doubted the release when it was founded. I haven't been in contact or looked at many things about him (he barely posts anything about his career, and he constantly says he sucks) cause he's mostly posting anaylsis. Again, this is what I see as I lurk the Yoshi boards. So, it might be different if I missed things (which I'm pretty sure I'm not).

I'm going with the Purple pplz this time. At first, I doubted Mewtwo, but I'm going Yoshi on this one.

Sharky

Smash Master
well, technically, Big, he was doing it on people as soon as it came out. He just lost confidence in it as other people got better timing than he did. He's pretty good, I can testify to that.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yayz! I'm glad someone contested that statement. I felt that it was a bit bold when I posted it. The only thing that makes me wonder, is why does he always say that he sucks? I knew he was good, but it's like he doesn't want to admit he really is...

Sharky

Smash Master
meh, so the guy's modest. nothing wrong with that.

and lulz to the purple peoples messing with us little folk

Top Bottom