• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

The_NZA

Smash Lord
My guess is that the next one is either Lucas or Ness. I'm goign to go with Ness.

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
its pit. pits recovery is fine until you hit him and its really easy. lucas and nes can be giumped but you actually have to try, pit is jsut funny how easy it is. peanut popgun=deth. and lucas has an aerial game but its way not as good as ness. lucas's spike is weak and awkward and his other aeirals are ok, but still weird compared to nesses kill at 75% back air and no lag super strong spike

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Next week's character will be a fun one to talk about. Underestimated by many, this character has a devastating aerial game that will surprise you when it takes you out at a low percent. But on the ground this character doesn't have very many options against long range or projectile spamming characters other than one of their B attacks. And this character's recovery can be fine sometimes, but against smart opponents this character can be gimped quite easily.
My first thoughts were Luigi and Dedede. Am I the only one?

WITH

Smash Apprentice
its pit. pits recovery is fine until you hit him and its really easy. lucas and nes can be giumped but you actually have to try, pit is jsut funny how easy it is. peanut popgun=deth. and lucas has an aerial game but its way not as good as ness. lucas's spike is weak and awkward and his other aeirals are ok, but still weird compared to nesses kill at 75% back air and no lag super strong spike
wrong. pit has two good moves for long range projectiles, not even taking his own long range projectile into consideration.

Browny

Smash Hater
ok on further thought,

luigi has a devastating aerial game, but it will never KO at low %.

Dedede seems to fit much better with his good recovery, but anyone who knows its weaknesses will exploit it every time. although his b move against projectiles doesnt make too much sense.

Sonic also fits well, but his recovery is ungimpable so meh

notnarb

Smash Cadet
I'd say mario or luigi but both require quite a high percentage in order to kill people in air (and their f-tilts can get rid of projectiles) I also have to agree with an above poster in saying that DDD's recovery can be punished, but not really gimped. Also: waddledees are amazing for blocking projectiles, more then just a mundane 'option'. I think it's olimar. You have to admit that it's a fairly decent recovery unless the opponent edgehogs (which requires a smart opponent as anyone else would attempt to avoid the up b move)

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Gotta be Ike.
Yeah that was my first thought right away. His air game can take you out on very low percents and that does suprise a lot of people. The B move is obviously the quickdraw (side b). The recovery being fine but easily gimps refers to the large distance quickdraw can fly in the air, but a simple edgehog will make you fall to your doom.

Browny

Smash Hater
ikes recovery is never fine. his aerials do KO at low % but does it ever surprise anyone? i mean if you die at like 80% to an Ike, thats kind of expected.

Percon

Smash Lord
It's SO Wario.

Next week's character will be a fun one to talk about. Underestimated by many,
Nobody seems to like Wario, mostly because he's fat/weird. This is why he's underestimated. He's actually VERY tournament viable.

this character has a devastating aerial game that will surprise you when it takes you out at a low percent.
Good aerial game (beastly Dair, etc.), and uair kills at relatively low %s. Also can kinda gimp by fairing them until their recovery won't reach far enough, then making it back himself. So yeah.

But on the ground this character doesn't have very many options against long range or projectile spamming characters other than one of their B attacks.
Wario's got terrible range on about everything. He's severely disadvantaged against ranged/projectile guys BUT his side B lets him plow through some projectiles... they never said that it had to reflect, did they?

And this character's recovery can be fine sometimes, but against smart opponents this character can be gimped quite easily.
Give Wario his bike and he'll get back to the stage every time. Without it...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ganondorf is up. Thanks go to LeeHarris yet again for a summary and for making the thread.

I don't feel like writing a hint at the moment. I'll get around to it later ^_^''

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SamuraiPanda: I think you forgot the link to the Ganondorf discussion. I already know where it is but it would take out the guess work for some people.

I was a bit surprised that it wasn't Wario but Ganon fits the description better than him I guess.

Tenki

Smash Hero
LMAO

Everyone was like...

Ness! No wait, Luigi! No.. YOSHI!... WARIO!

Noone saw Ganondorf coming on this one hahaha

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I TOLD YOU IT WAS TOO OBVIOUS. ._.

Woo Ganon! :D

Haha, mention devastating aerials and everyone was thinking about air mobility.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
SamuraiPanda: I think you forgot the link to the Ganondorf discussion. I already know where it is but it would take out the guess work for some people.
Good call.

And btw, funniest thing ever = "Why would the SBR talk about Ganondorf? They wouldn't waste their time with him."

Stuff like that made me Lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
well with a hint like

'this characters recovery can be fine, but gimped by smart players'

that was incredibly misleading. ganons recovery is probably the worst in the game, you dont even need to gimp him, just edgehog and hes dead.

at least make the guesses possible :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
well with a hint like

'this characters recovery can be fine, but gimped by smart players'

that was incredibly misleading. ganons recovery is probably the worst in the game, you dont even need to gimp him, just edgehog and hes dead.

at least make the guesses possible :(
Note: It said fine. It didn't say "good" or "great", it said "fine." Ganon has fairly long magnet hands with his recovery, but a smart player will simply edgehog him and he'll get gimped at ridiculously low percents.

Ants

Smash Cadet
Ants said:
I've changed my mind, im convinced its ganondorf.

Hes underestimated, a lot of people consider ganondorf a crappy, slow character. He has strong aerials, his dair could KO at low percents. Alot of ganondorf players tend to use side B when on the ground..... over and over again. Ganondorf's recovery is gimpable, but its not terrible.
Haha I did *brag* *brag*

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Okay seriously just a little more specific next time please?

We were so totally wrong.

Top Bottom