• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
CavalierDude023 (9:28:21 PM): The Ukraine theory is off I think
Dazwa070 (9:29:06 PM): no, that's actually the right track
Dazwa070 (9:29:12 PM): one of you needs to fly to ukraine and get the next clue

Is the fact Crimea is in Ukraine not correct?

Because I'm looking, and that's the only relevant thing I can find.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yegor Gordenko is from Ukraine. You should ask him for the character.

OHW AIT WHY WHOULD AUKARAINE HAVEOAIJT ANYAERYHOETRG GOID AEROGERALGAMEKLA >:[

Snare

Smash Lord
headaches... theres just too many dead end possibilties that's popped up. Last thing i can think of is to look at all of OS's posts where he responded with a lolcat/dog and/or fail picture, since they might all be linked. But for now im gonna just guess a character that no one else has guessed:

Luigi

Overswarm

is laughing at you
alright not gonna lie to you

I think you're all stupid the same way aliens coming down would think we were stupid

now that you know that

if you thought someone was a simpleton because they just couldn't comprehend what you were trying to explain

would you give them a microscope or telescope?

You guys used the microscope last time too. Throw that **** thing away. You guys never pick up when I give you microscopic hints anyway... and then I post something huge, repeatedly, as a sign of what to look for and you ignore it. SOMEONE has seen something like it before.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
honestly instead of searching every nook and cranny it seems like you guys are just saying "hey look there's a nook, there's a cranny, but let's talk about ukraine"

CR4SH

Smash Lord
The thing is, there's just really not alot to go on. Aim for dazwa. What? ZSS, thats about all that says.

Otherwise you're talking about getting all the pieces of the dragoon and getting a cheap dazwa KO.

M@v

Subarashii!
I got the 1st step Read this Carefully

the first step is hidden here

aim for dazwa

once you leave smashboards, you'll find the next step. Then, just look carefully. If you look close enough, Overswarm might clue you in on what is important.
Ok, he is Telling to LEAVE SMASHBOARDS.

NOW.....

*facepalm*

I've given you guys like, 4 or 5 very LARGE hints that you have seen in this thread and merely regarded as spam
What are 4 or 5 very BIG things we have regarded as spam? These.

Along with the the couple others. When OS said BIG hints, he literally meant They are BIG on the SCREEN. We just thought they were spam. they were hints. And guess what? There is a website you can get them all from:

http://icanhascheezburger.com/
It links to failblogs AND ihasahotdog. Our answer is somewhere on those websites. It sounds crazy, but it makes sense when you look at what hes saying.

At the very least, those pictures are not spam, they are hints. And they all have website urls on them.

XienZo

Smash Lord
OK, NOW That we've found the clues, we can look at them with a microscope right?

Maybe there's something on that ship thats our next clue!
Can anyone read the cargo?

Snare

Smash Lord

NOW.....

Along with the the couple others. When OS said BIG hints, he literally meant They are BIG on the SCREEN. We just thought they were spam. they were hints. And guess what? There is a website you can get them all from:

It links to failblogs AND ihasahotdog. Our answer is somewhere on those websites. It sounds crazy, but it makes sense when you look at what hes saying.
That makes little sense to me. If what OS said were hints for the hint, then we should be able to find that website with just "aim for dawza" which no one could link to icanhascheezburger.com. Those pictures or the quotes OS was repling to hint to something IN the original hint that we're just overcomplicating or overlooking.

Call in Proffessor Layton please.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
well... one of those pics has a cat ROARING, one has a boat on WATER, and one has a dog standing on FOUR LEGS

ROARING = Charizard
WATER = Squirtle
FOUR LEGS = Ivysaur

I vote Pokemon Trainer.

P.S. Yeah, the four legs one was kinda weak, but the other two fit better.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I love how we're mindgaming ourselves. Like, we have really intense mindgaming skills. I mean, not even top Melee players could mindgame themselves into doing something stupid.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Lol, cats.

It seems prudent to still try to focus on the original hint instead of the LOLcats, that just gives us half a dozen more ways to go wrong. (I'd assumed they weren't hints since OS had said he wasn't giving us more hints, but I guess they are...) and if we do go from those, whatever it is has to be tied back to 'aim for dazwa' somehow.

...is there any profile picture or avatar that Dazwa has that has text on it?

...can anyone read the faded out text on http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6568/agrdefcatpc9.jpg ? I can't see a **** thing, but there's faded out text in that image. It's in Dazwa's AIM profile, so that's a link. Though that doesn't seem like it leads anywhere.

...but it seems like it might. The vanilla "aggressive cat is aggressive, defensive cat is defensive" pictures on the internet don't have that text in them. So maybe that's where we're supposed to go.

darkserenade

Smash Ace

NOW.....

What are 4 or 5 very BIG things we have regarded as spam? These.

At the very least, those pictures are not spam, they are hints. And they all have website urls on them.
I think you got it lol. I'm gonna go to that website and look for stuff.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i think people really aren't paying attention to what the pictures actually say...

"I big scary monster" is a form of sarcasm. Which character left isn't big and scary? - Luigi

Which character fails in all aspects of the word? - Luigi

Which character is just weird? - Luigi

I think Luigi fits all of these descriptions in some way.

Official guess: Luigi.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
And what are you going to find searching icanhascheezburger? That thing is humongous... I don't see how that can get anywhere, though go ahead if you think it might. (And don't forget to make sure whatever you find ties back to 'aim for dazwa')

In my opinion, it may be worth it to look at

and see whether anything from that makes any sort of link to any further step. I don't see anything, but maybe someone else does.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i think people really aren't paying attention to what the pictures actually say...

"I big scary monster" is a form of sarcasm. Which character left isn't big and scary? - Luigi

Which character fails in all aspects of the word? - Luigi

Which character is just weird? - Luigi

I think Luigi fits all of these descriptions in some way.

Official guess: Luigi.
How on earth does that tie in to 'aim for dazwa', though? We can't lose sight of the original hint. The original hint was supposed to be 'easy' or 'straightforward'. It didn't have that text in it.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Simplest answer is Zero Suit Samus, so I'm going to go with that. I kinda like the Pokemon Trainer theory too, though.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, here's a thought. Maybe we need to take the original hint less literally, even - pretend it's had its grammar futzed around with, like the LOLcat captions. So "aim for Dazwa" might really be more like "I'm for Dazwa" or something. Or "Aim a dazwa" or "I'm a dazwa" or... something... "Aim for the zwa..."

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This weeks hint could be random. O_O
Just putting it out there.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
And what are you going to find searching icanhascheezburger? That thing is humongous... I don't see how that can get anywhere, though go ahead if you think it might. (And don't forget to make sure whatever you find ties back to 'aim for dazwa')

In my opinion, it may be worth it to look at

and see whether anything from that makes any sort of link to any further step. I don't see anything, but maybe someone else does.
I agree, this seems to be the only connection between aim for dazwa and OS's hints

edit: I'm colorblind, so I'm not really sure, but is the cat on the right white or just a light color? If it is white, it ties in with the white words

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Are the white words even still there? I just looked at the original hint, and don't see the HTML for that... also, that cat is just light-colored, it's not pure white. But same thing, really, making that distinction is just splitting hairs IMO.

...the faint text in the image seems to be
taDHI6xEDPB
or maybe that I is an l.
If there's some way to get a character name reasonably out of that garbage, then that's probably it... but I've been thinking about it and I got nothin'.

If not, well, I don't think you can get a character out of a just the lolcat picture and caption. If you replace "cat" with "Character", that doesn't make it pop out as anybody in particular, does it?

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I don't think they were ever in the original hint, but ther were in "aim for dazwa" sometimes when OS/SP/whoever would re-post it

also, for anyone who doesn't have AIM, the picture is linked in Dazwa's buddy info in a part of a convo:

Dazwa070: http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6568/agrdefcatpc9.jpg
Sliq1337: AGGRESIVE CAT IS AGGRESSIVE
Sliq1337: DEFENSIVE CAT IS OVERSWARM

edit: @ftl, it doesn't immediately make anyone pop out to me. we should figure out who of the remaining characters is most defensive

so, out of:
ZSS
Lucas
Ness
Peach
Ike
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Fox

Edit for theory: I don't play her or against her, but I think it's fair to say ZSS is defensive, while Samus is offensive.

So there are two cats (characters) that have different stances (play styles), though they are still both cats (both still are samus). My guess is ZSS.

(even if the offensive/defensive thing is backwards, it still works)

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Zamus
Fox
PT
Jiggs
Lucas
Ness
Ike
Sonic

Heck if I know which one of those characters is "most defensive". Or even "most aggressive".

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I made an edit in my last post to put out my theory. I don't know if it's right, but I've got to get going, so hopefully it will at the least lead somewhere.

goodnite

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so now we've got 11 question marks for the name and description, and

"Study

(10 underscores)

and music. If it's from some game someone recognizes, speak up. Yeah, reversing might be a good idea, if someone has the software or something.

Top Bottom