• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
"What? You mean that marshmallow thing?"

FAILURE

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I think it was just because they were also behind schedule, and decided not to try to rush the hint process and instead just posted a summary of a character up there to get back on track. They probably did Kirby since he's a pretty balanced [and good] character, and therefore there may not be an easy way to make a hint for him that differs him from other similar characters.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchlol7
i hope its yoshi so all the yoshi fan boys will quit saying its yoshi, I think they have done it since #10

Know the difference between fanboys, fake fanboys, and stupid people who yell out random names. How about you go to the Falcon boards and find a way to NOT make him suck as badly as they nerfed him."

Epic Agree!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Hint sounds pretty Sonicy to me.
Oh god.
*SBR comes to Sonic character boards*
*SBR sees Boxob's 100 spam threads and lots of inane threads about nothing*

However the hint does not contain Steak ;_;

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I bet it's either Pit (he has reaaaaally bad KO moves, except for his bair) or Lucario.

Have you seen how dedicated the Lucario mainers are? :3

Mmac

Smash Lord
This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character. There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). When the game first came out, many people thought the character had much potential but the character's inability to KO was going to hold the character back from being too good. However, those people may have been proved wrong if you look at tournament results. Patient users can take make this character better than most people expected.

Can you guess this week's character?
IT'S YOSHI LOLOLOLLOOLLOLOLLO!!!!1

Nah. It can't be Yoshi. First impressions was that he was Nerfed to hell (Which isn't true), Plus only now his Tournament Results are starting to rise.

I think it's Sonic

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
i think it is sheik she has no Ko moves (i mean none exept maybe upsmash but it still fails)
she relys purly on gimping pretty much and is seen as garbage and people thought she would be good mainly cuz she owned in melee

second guess is sonic tons of fun to play i think it is 5 tourny wins and a only 2-4 top players with him
rest of my reasons are basicly the same as sheiks.

objections?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character. There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). When the game first came out, many people thought the character had much potential but the character's inability to KO was going to hold the character back from being too good. However, those people may have been proved wrong if you look at tournament results. Patient users can take make this character better than most people expected.
I think it's likely either Mario, Peach, or Sonic.

I think mains of these characters choose to main the character out of devotion. Not too many pros use these characters, but there are some amazing pros for them.

All three have some sort of issue in scoring KOs.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Mario and Sonic =/= patient play

Pit = ZOMG WHY APPROCH, I GOT ARROWZ N A SHIELD

That my friend.... is patient play.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Can't be Lucario. The known players that use him (etc. Azen, Bloodhawk), own with him in tourneys.

cutter

Smash Champion
Sonic fits the criteria of "problems KOing" but his tourney results kinda skewer that part of the hint.

It isn't Peach because when the game first came out people looked at her nonexistant 2nd jump, butchered Dsmash and didn't really think much about her.

Pit seems to fit the bill the best. What top players do you see playing as Pit? They're usually playing as Snake, MK, G&W, or DDD. People that main Pit dedicate a lot of time into perfecting his ATs. At least the good players that main Pit do.

To top it off, Pit has somewhat weak KO moves (though I don't really know if everyone thought it would hold him back).

Though it could be Sonic for all I care :p

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
When I saw "fun to play" I immediately thought it was going to be Wario.
Then I read the rest of the hint and was disappointed.

I think Peach is a good possibility, or even Zamus. Both of them have so much potential, but their KO power is extrememly limited.
It could be Pit, but there seem to be a lot more Pit users than the hint suggests.
Sonic, while fun, just doesn't feel right to me. Although he was probably the most looked forward to out of these 4.

I'm going with Peach.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
My guess is Mario since I remember a lot of talk of how he could be high tier. Sonic and Pit are also possibilities, though.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I took the ranking list and eliminated everyone D or below, everyone already done, and everyone who has no trouble killing.

Lucario
Pit, Peach, Zero Suit Samus

Imo it's Lucario or Peach

massimo009

Smash Cadet
I think its sonic cuz people thought he was going to be the best at the beginning because of his speed, his players are the dedicated sonic fan club, and hes fun to play because hes so fast.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
sonic or yoshi:

" (if not much higher, in some cases). When the game first came out, many people thought the character had much potential but the character's inability to KO was going to hold the character back from being too good."both yoshi and sonic lack KO potential,both were cosidered mid tier materieal at first(espcially yoshi,who was nicely buffed from melee)

However, those people may have been proved wrong if you look at tournament results. Patient users can make this character better than most people expected.sonic has actually won tourneys,and yoshi has a few top2's aswell

Nestec

Smash Ace
I'm going with Pit, Lucario, or ZSS.

I don't recall people believing Peach had any potential.

Sonic isn't doing too well in tourneys.

Top Bottom