• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
So you are for sure getting a lot of TVs now? Great. Like, about how many if you don't mind me asking?

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
50+ would be great but that would be the maximum amount of tv's i could organise, it's most likely going to be less than that.

There will be 10-15 private tv's coming from players.
Last month I found 2 store where I will rent TV's and another one which will "sponsor" me. Since all of them rather like to sell tube-TV's then keep it in store for me to rent they couldn't give me the exact numbers but all 3 assured me a minimal amount of TV's:
store#1: min 3 - max ? (saw 6, maybe there are more)
store#2: min 7 - max 11
store#3: min 10 - max 20+

min 30 - max 50 --> probably around 40

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
we are ****ing confirmed!! can't wait for this to happen

if i had to bet whether melee will end off in one day or not... i would say 'no' definitely XDD
but I hope it could, because we 4 spanish will probably leave on sunday morning (no brawl teams, but that is perfect cause we ****ing hate barlw..)

pd: ah, somebody interested in playing some basketball on the court friday afternoon? we won't play barlw singles either since basketball is way more technical than that **** of a game

see you on the court :D :D

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
ill go in for brawl for fun. After i was kicked out by the brawl pros[... :D] ill join u.

still searching for some1 to team with me :p

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I doubt anyone would like to team with you if you do not present yourself better. I mean, you haven't even written what country you are from.

Great basketball spirit though. :p

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
lol @ you people rather playing basketball than brawl.

Daddy owns a waterproof flood light, if I can talk him into giving me that one you can play when its dark as well (which would not be allowed normaly! look up the general rules on first page). Please bring some sport gear if you plan to play basketball or atleast adequate shows and be careful, basketball is by far the most dangerous sport for your fingers & hands.
(I can already see the bruises, hyperextensions, torn ligaments... -_-)

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
no way UCK, I play basketball regularly, I don't think I will get injured that easily XDD

btw germany is so cold, I may bring heavy weather stuff.. and hell yeah, ask for that light or w/e please, we will surely need it

pd: the thing is I won't be able to bring the ball actually, I hope you have one there in the venue or something D:

Blad01

Smash Lord
So, some french players that could come want to know if Brawl will be considered as a "bonus" over there ? They don't want to travel for a small tourney apparently.

I told them that the number of players and good players will probably make the Brawl tourney big, but I would prefer the answers from the organisators ^^

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
As I see it. You can look at the prize amount and imagine yourself, and I'm pretty sure there will be many really good brawl players there, even though melee got the main focus. It is arranged to attract and satisfy Brawl players. If it would be seen as just a plain bonus in a melee tournament, there would probably be crews and low-tier instead.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for some basket also, sure been awhile since last I played +that I haven't had a workout in ages so I will probably get tired in a sec.. then again, I love challenges :)

Anywho, might need a brawl teammate(I just asked for one on the forum where I hang out so if anyone from there need one i'll go with him)
I play Marth and came 5th(with Hack) at Sr4(Smashers' Reunion 4), Name used: Syk Marth

Man I so look forward to melee teams, watch out ;)

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
@Blad:

As I see it. You can look at the prize amount and imagine yourself, and I'm pretty sure there will be many really good brawl players there, even though melee got the main focus. It is arranged to attract and satisfy Brawl players. If it would be seen as just a plain bonus in a melee tournament, there would probably be crews and low-tier instead.
^This.
There is going to be a full scale brawl event with many good brawlers attending i.e. Izaw, Gaki, reaper, no Gheb... the pots just are not fitting but hell, it's not appropriate for the other events either.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
lol that UCK didn't mention Jadde or Armada :)

But really, if you want to play against good brawl players this will probably be one of the best ones..

--

Oh and btw, how does the kitchen look like? is it big/spacey.. I don't really like it when people just run through or it's not just enough space to really enjoy the "making your own dinner" feeling..

(Yes I do enjoy making dinner..)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There is going to be a full scale brawl event with many good brawlers attending i.e. Izaw, Gaki, reaper, no Gheb...
Yeah, without me the quality of the Brawl events will go up like mad :p lol

Doesn't matter though. If Gaki comes he'll win anyways (unless Lee Martin seriously comes XD)

:059:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I dunno, but Armada hasn't lost one single Brawl event he has attended, which is a lot of events. I'd put my money on him.

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if i got the guts to go to this tournament O_o
heard some crazy **** on teh Newz bout some german dude shooting off kids N stuf :O

Sever

Smash Rookie
heard some crazy **** on teh Newz bout some german dude shooting off kids N stuf :O
that was me btw and im attending but don't bother unless ur annoying i won't shoot u 8]

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Geez...

1. Ache, 30-50£ MM? wtf, son...

2. German guy killing kids O_O wow, sounds scary...

3. Pepito is imo the best brawl player in sweden =) Is he going to this tournement? Armada is pretty good himself aswell.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Since Armada is winning all the tournaments, I'd rather believe he is the best Swede. But idk really.

And german shootings are like all over the news.

Samochan

Smash Master
There's been 2 school shootings in finland thus far, don't let some crazy teen that can't separate real life from fiction discourage you from coming.

But yea, as tragic as this shooting is, it's unfortunately nothing new. Cept the amount of victims. ._. My condolences.

But let's not let this get under our skin and scare us, because as far as I'm aware, the german smash community definitely doesn't consist of people that would participate on school shootings or anything else as horrible as this. There's very slim chance of anyone ever knowing we're even gonna be there besides the smash community and those participating in making this tourney happen, so we should be left to our own devices.

And Sever, please do not joke on a serious matter. >_> And as far as I'm aware, the killer shot himself in the end anyway.

A-D

Smash Journeyman
why would i be joking ?
maybe some people can't seperate smash with real life
and i will get forward smashed :( Or worse > T_Tipperd

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yeah something like this only happens in germany.
And chances are high that someone joins a smash tournament just to shoot some random smashers.
I wouldn't go if I were you...

why would i be joking ?
maybe some people can't seperate smash with real life
and i will get forward smashed :( Or worse > T_Tipperd

You should be more careful not to trip.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Guys, be a little bit careful about what you post about those murders. That guy joked about killing people too and we all know how that ended.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yeah something like this only happens in germany.
And chances are high that someone joins a smash tournament just to shoot some random smashers.
I wouldn't go if I were you...
You're really putting that sarcasm in the wrong place, mister. >_> Finland already has had not one, but 2 school shootings, both of which were tragic and had many victims. So we take our threats seriously now.

But yea, any crazy enough person shouldn't really have any interest in smashing in general, least of all anything nintendo related. People of this calibre have been influenced by social life, media, are mentally ill or all the mentioned and smash is not on the list of the possible media influences since it's certainly not violent enough, nor would the person focus on smashing as it would not give them any kind of stimulation if they were truly focusing on taking lives of other people. So anyone playing smash should be considered relatively sane, I've yet to hear about a smasher gone awry.

Undercover work would be also highly unlikely and a person would need to know about smash a lot and spend time on messaging boards or with other smashers before they even discovered smashboards, then they'd need to search for this thread and they'd need to be germans and would need to own a gun. So an extremely unlikely scenario which we can simply forget. It is 100,000,000x times more likely that someone would steal equipment from tournament however, so a guard of some sort wouldn't go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom