• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris H

Smash Journeyman
i have send another one saying i am coming witch i did not do in the first one i send so when he reads it he will put my name with the rest of the UK lot

Ryuukossei

Smash Cadet
I still neeeeed a braawwl teammate!!!
n
e
interested
?

Also I would like to MM some people.
Cash Mooney here posting on a friends account:

My ganon your samus 5 euros?

I'm taking more MM's that aren't the 6 people I'm traveling with. You obv know who you are.

edit:

Make everything 10 euros, including regional crews lol

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
(...)
There has been a major update concerning pots which have been lowered.
It is now:
Melee Singles: 7€
Melee Teams: 4€
Brawl Singles: 4€
25€
instead of 10€/5€/5€. (~24£)
I sorry for you guys aiming for the big money but i hope you see it as a financial relief rather than a cut in price money.
(...)
(...)
That's great, money isn't the reason people should go to tournaments for!
(...)
quoted for truth and emphasis

anyway.

The confirmed list is updated again (edit: somewhat as i see acherontics post). If you are marked with an "<" please send me your your data, thanks.

I told I would make plans how to get from bremen (airport/mainstation) to either Verden or Doerverden which are the towns where the hosts are and/or the venue.

As for the adresses, I dont know the name of the street where nina live and I dont know the house number of de_glory either -_-' I will ask them asap and tell you.

The reason the plans have been delayed for so long is because I wanted to use 2 nifty features of the BSAG (--> "bremian tram corporation"), one allowing to look up the bus- or tram-line schedules hanging at a tramstop (For example this would be the schedule for the tram going from the airport into the city: http://62.206.133.179/nds/AHF/0001ed8b.pdf ) and the other is an electronic trip planer, I will tell you something about it at the end of this post.

The BSAG updated the schedules recently, end of last month, but they are only valid till the 27th of march D:< thats when the easter vacation starts in bremen.
So f*ck this, I will just tell you:

From Airport to Main station:

Take Tram Line 6 direction Universität (University)
--> ~15 minutes to mainstation
--> 2,10€ for single ticket

From Mainstation to Verden/ Dörverden:

There is 1 train going from bremen to Dörverden per hour.
The train is leaving Bremen 18 minutes past every hour from 04:00 till 22:00 o' clock, the last train leaves at 23:11 (!!!). Its going from track 3.
--> 30 minutes to Dörverden
--> 7,10€ for a single ticket

There are 2 trains going from bremen to verden per hour.
"[One] train is leaving Bremen 18 minutes past every hour from 04:00 till 22:00 o' clock, the last train leaves at 23:11 (!!!). Its going from track 3.
--> 24 minutes to Verden"
or
another train is leaving bremen 52 minutes past every hour from 05:00 till 21:00 o' clock. It's going from track 5.
--> 32 minutes to Verden
--> 5.60€ for a single ticket

From Bremen Mainstation to the Venue:

Just walk there lol. I walked it several times now and stoped the time: it's 12 minutes, normal tempo by foot.

But if you don't want to you have the following options as well:

Take the bus line 26 direction Walle or
take the bus line 27 direction Findorff or
take the night bus line N07 direction Neuenkirchen
--> 5 Minutes to EICKEDORFER STRAßE
--> 2,10€ for single ticket, if you paid for a ticket from the airport to the mainstation it
is valid for this trip too.

Here is a departure plan of the public means of transport at the mainstation. What you see on this plan is located in front of the mainstation, the mainentrance of the mainstation can be find in the upper left part of the plan (where it says Hauptbahnhof), you'd be coming from there.

I want to tell you somehting about the electronic trip planer of the bsag as mentioned somewhere above. It's a cool and very basic feature which... well, plans the trip for you including from what stop to what other stop, what type of transportation and changes of transportation, price, maps and more options to travel according to the date and time you enter. But it's working with valid schedules only so that means it worthless untill the 27th of march when the new schedules are in place.
Anyway, here it is:
http://www.bsag.de/285.php (<-- this will redirect you to the trip planer, can't link you directly due to sessionID)
enter =en to the end of the URL to get the english version (you can enter =fr for the french version as well if you feel like ;] )

You need to fill in:

town/district=
- Bremen
- Verden (Aller)
- Dörverden

stop=
(in Bremen)
- Airport
- Hauptbahnhof (Main Station)
- Eickedorfer Str. [<-- nearest to the venue]
(in Verden)
- Bahnhof Verden
(you'll probably get picked up from "Bahnhof Verden" if you are staying at Ninas or de_glorys place but if not...)
- Grüner Jäger [<-- nearest to Nina]
- Brunnenw./Nieders'ring [<-- nearest to de_glory]
(in Dörverden)
- Bahnhof Dörverden [<-- nearest to °UÇK & K.C.]

I would like to start with the seedings for pools but I defenitly need your help for this one!
I need somebody from every attending country to please send me a ranking from 1-10 of the cofirmed players within their countries. The people I would like to do so are:

Melee:
Finland - Samochan
Dutchland - Faab
Norway - Tonberry
Spain - Peyudosmith (?)
Sweden - Aniolas and/or Yuna
UK - Fuzzyness

Brawl:
... I dont know -_-
halp pls!

A-D

Smash Journeyman
We Will Accept all team MM's Yuna
So yours is accepted, Name your price:)

again : Anyone a normal Money match
starting from 3 euro's

random-ness

Smash Cadet
Yo, uhm I'm wondering if anyone need a teamm8?
A friend of mine which is pretty new 2 the game and the community, needs a teamm8, It's his first tournament and he has been playing for some months now.
If anyones interested, plz PM me :3
Greatly appreciated, thx <3

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, Acherontic! =D 6 Norwegians to Germany, solid.

Good looking guide 'Uck. I'll look into it.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Germany vs rest ftl(would that even be a matter of competition?), but regionals I would like! =)

Sever

Smash Rookie
A_A ok i'm starting to get excited about this xD **** U GUYS I'M FORCING MY CREW TO PLAY MELEE WHEN WE R ALL WRITING 4 HOUR EXAMS ON MONDAY XDDD

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Oh C'mon Man .. you have got to raise the entrance for melee teams a little a least. 4 euro's teams for an international smash tournament is a little sad fo real..

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Uck for real ..
its an europian melee tournament people from all over will be attending even an american is comin,
its not just a smashfest with 20 people where u pay 5 euros for teams
10 euros for teams and 10 for singles is the most decent thing
the competition will be FIRE thats why a good pot is reasonable

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
LoL @ just the real good teams whining about the teams entrance fee xD

So classic!

But i really agree with Adam.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Why so little in teams?

If we have 10 euros each in singles, and it's 128 people attending.
The total pot for singles will be 1280.
The winners take 60%=768 euros.

In teams, you pay 5 euros each, so the totalt pot will be 640.
The winners take 60%=384.
But in teams you share the money with your teammate, so you will only win 192 euros.

How could that be fair?
Could'nt we at least have the same amount of money in singles and teams?
8 euros in each event would be better than 10 in singles and 5 in teams.

(Even though I agree with Adam. A tournament this big, with players from US coming,
10 euros in each event would be great).

Izaw

Smash Ace
I'm defenatly coming to this one, so you can put me on the confirmed list, since i'm booking the tickets to germany today

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'm defenatly coming to this one, so you can put me on the confirmed list, since i'm booking the tickets to germany today
Izaaaww we need to play more Brawl this time.
I'm way more serious about Braw now.

Remen

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Adam and the rest, the entrance fees are ridiculously low. For a big international tournament such as this, the starting point should be at least 10 euro's for both Melee events. And it makes even less sense to cut it down more for teams as the prizes will have to be split.
You may get n00bs complaining but actually the price is only going up by 10 euro's or something, I can't imagine anyone crying over missing that little.
And like Aniolas said, if you can afford coming to a huge event like this, a slightly raised entrance fee shouldn't be much of a problem. Besides, a high prize is a great incentive.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Only reason why I don't really want them to increase the overall entrance fee is because some people are poor(like myself).. Now that I have to pay for brawl singles(Which I can't even attend to since I will be traveling home by then) so money is an issue..

I understand the reason and by all means support it, but also realize my own situation regarding the change too.. just don't make it more than 10euro per melee event, that would probably force me to lend money from someone..

Oh well I will come no matter the cost anyways :D

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm going to agree the prize money is off. It should be at least €5 FOR ALL FOUR EVENTS (Melee singles + teams, Brawl singles + teams), preferably higher. How does €7,50 sound, bringing the total to €30? Seems only fair for a three day tournament with four events.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'm going to agree the prize money is off. It should be at least €5 FOR ALL FOUR EVENTS (Melee singles + teams, Brawl singles + teams), preferably higher. How does €7,50 sound, bringing the total to €30? Seems only fair for a three day tournament with four events.
^ this

30€ are totally fine.

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
i read the first post and see there is no entree fee for brawl teams. but it looks like you're talking about prizes. so that's ok.

but who came up with the idea to do teams for brawl on the first day and singles for brawl on the very last day. forcing brawl players to stay during the melee events on the day between those. weird if you ask me..

Tero.

Smash Champion
^ this

30€ are totally fine.
Actually i forgot that there is a venue fee, so I would suggest at least something like:

5€ Melee Singles
5€ Melee Doubles
5€ Brawl Singles
5€ Brawl Doubles

+ the 9€ for the Venue (iirc)

= 29€

maybe add 1€ too Melee Singles because it's the main event and we have a total of 30€

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
all this talk of increasing the price..and our exchange rate now is £1 -> €1.08 -_- sucks for us UK smashers cause this is gonna cost us about £30 just for tournaments and venue

J03

Smash Master
Charles, theres nothing we can do about are ****ty exchange rates =(. trust me dude im living 10 years in the past ad was expecting about 2 euros per pound =(. the cost of my entire holiday has just been DOUBLED!

Faab

Smash Ace
but who came up with the idea to do teams for brawl on the first day and singles for brawl on the very last day. forcing brawl players to stay during the melee events on the day between those. weird if you ask me..
There was supposed to be just 1 brawl event at this, so the main focus for this tournament has been on melee. Seeing as there can be 1 tournament on the friday, 2 on the saturday and 1 on the sunday it's just plain logical to get a full day of melee.

Oh yeah about the prices, just raise them uck and screw the scrubs. We're talking about 50 international players here, which is even more then the amount of germans attending at the moment. And we don't come here for fun, we go for the competition (although fun is a great thing to have along ^_^). So if some germans dont wanna pay an extra 15 euro's to enter a tournament with europe's best then it's their own fault.

Luma

Smash Lord
what faab said!
i've been saying this **** for years, my tournaments always had a 10€ singles pot and they were just small german tournaments, for tournaments like this i might even think about raising it from 10€, but whatever

@ fake p_s
its still melee as the main event, people would so good not forgetting this (**** is this even a sentence xD)

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
but guys, just one day for melee (teams + singles)?

i think this is gonna be close, do you really think that we will finish it all in one day? i have never seen this before. in my opinion this timetable is not going to work.

ps: this would be a lot better with no brawl teams D:

Luma

Smash Lord
we always had singles and team on 1 day, from what i know we def have enough tvs for that so there wont be a prob if everyone is playing their matches
so its like 20% organisation, 80% players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom