• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I need housing the 2nd-3rd April and the 5th-6th April.
I also would need someone to pick me up(when I arrive) and transport me to the airport(when I'm going home).
If you can do that for me, I guess I'll order flight tickets ASAP :)

The tickets I'm looking at(Ryanair):
- Arriving at Bremen: 13:55 the 2nd April.
- Departing from Bremen: 15:55 the 6th April.

Tero.

Smash Champion
w00t, awesome

I'm defenatly coming
yooo Izaw we need to play again :)

Also yeah \o/ Aniolas \o/ Tonberry \o/

needz more french guys porc salepate where you at ? xD

this is going to be awesome

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Original von FleX
UCK can house about 20 people. there will be no problem of your housing guys...
I have somewhat problems right now, let me tell you why:
I live together with my family which consist of my parents, my 2 younger sisters and me of course.
At first it seemed as i was succesful at talking my parents into taking vacation somewhere together with my 7 year old sister for the period of SMACK (we have easter vacation during that time). Alongside with that i had a limitation of max 20 people at my house. So everything was cool and f*cking dandy.
well, now my mom said she dont want to have more than 15 here and even thats at stake since my dad said they wont take vacation D:<

But they understand the ****ty situation i am and you guys are in.
so tomorrow evening we will sit together and will have negotiation over that matter. if i will be succesul at making them both leave the house i wont give a **** and maybe could house even more than 20, if i fail it will be no more than 15 people while already having 11 people on my list to be housed at least for thursday to friday.
I'll do my best to make them leave their own house so you guys can have a stay.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I heard a rumor of brawlteams was also in? Anyway I´m interested, just have to check how the economy works out for this though...

EDIT: I see that wobbling is banned in melee, but something 100 times worse not banned in brawl "practises chainjacket"

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Yes, i will house people the night after the tourney but you guys coming with me to my place have to be aware of 2 things:

- the housing will be for free but since i dont live in bremen, getting to my place will cost you 7,10€ one way for single person ticket (28€ for a 5 person group ticket), double that amount if you have to get back to bremen for flights or trains. (staying in a hostel near the mainstation in bremen in a 6/7bedroom dorm along with other smasher would cost 17€ per night, just saying)

- i have to clean up the venue afterwards and i cant leave before thats done. so i would really apreciate if you people guys could help me with that =D

edit:
Yes brawl teams is in. Its the first event starting friday at about 16/17 o' clock. but you can not win money there.

i have to admit i'm not to familiar with ban worthy brawl infities. i looked into some other rulesets and couldnt find stuff but appearently i looked into the wrong ones. what is this "practises chainjacket"?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Shieks chain will act differently when she shorthops and uses it, it will store the last attack you did at the current stock, meaning the chains hitbox can transform into for example a full loaded fsmash.

If you have not done any attacks during the stock and use the technique there's a big possibility for the game to crash, meaning if you are in the % lead you should win.

That's something everyone should easily agree on to be banned. It can be prevented by just setting a ban on it, and the one performing the technique should recieve a autoloss (as long as the game crashes, other uses seems to not be bannable).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480pouYAkRc&feature=related

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
@smasher89: ahh okaj, its not the actual attack thats banworthy its rather due to the fact it can crash the game.

well, i'm very sorry i havent integrated this into the rules but i saw it as common thing.
Crashing/freezing the game, making the a player immobile (i.e. ic freeze glitch) or simple put making a match impossible to be finished by playing (timer doesnt count here) will result in a loss for the player who caused this even if it happened by accident.

@Fuzzy: since melee crews is probably the best thing on tourneys i and the guys helping me run the events will do our best to have brawl singles run smoothly and finish in time. But lets see if we can fit regionals crews somewhere else, like saturday evening/night.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol i wont be able to stay for melee crews at all, its a bad time because people will prob be leaving on sunday >_> I think im leaving at like 3pm latest..and i can see brawl taking forever

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
oO 3pm?! why so early? i hope you'll be sight seeing or something because getting to the airport will take like 30 min max. well, its up to you...

AZEN!!!!! howsit going mang? Want some revenge, huh? =P
i'd love to have you there.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
@smasher89: ahh okaj, its not the actual attack thats banworthy its rather due to the fact it can crash the game.

well, i'm very sorry i havent integrated this into the rules but i saw it as common thing.
Crashing/freezing the game, making the a player immobile (i.e. ic freeze glitch) or simple put making a match impossible to be finished by playing (timer doesnt count here) will result in a loss for the player who caused this even if it happened by accident.
Great, I just wanted that confirmed, so there can't be any "lolsituations" due to the fact it wasn´t mentioned^^

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I also feel like saying that the venue charge is a bit much :/

Sun, Apr 05 Flight 3633
Depart Bremen (BRE) 19:35
Arrive London Stansted (STN) 19:50

Might have time for brawl singles afterall, but i doubt melee crews >_> and if that's the best thing then =(

Kone

Smash Master
uck - anychance we can move international crews? there generally the best event at large tournaments and by sunday night people may have left or arent as interested (tiredness). Crews are well exciting so stick them on fri or sat night :)

drug_duck

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it matters considering the large number of entrants but me and Fatum (though he never was on the interested list due to an oversight) will definitely not come to this.

Nevertheless I wish you the best for your tourney.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
noooo druggy!!! kein büchtsechs? ;_; naja wir sehen uns trotzdem nochmal.

i want to have international crews as well! there is no way we cant have that.
i didnt want to pack the schedule full with official events but only because it doesnt cover stuff that doesnt mean we wont have'em ;)
only thing that has to be discussed will int. crews be on friday or saturday night? losers have to buy winners a drink?^^

random-ness

Smash Cadet
I have somewhat problems right now, let me tell you why:
I live together with my family which consist of my parents, my 2 younger sisters and me of course.
At first it seemed as i was succesful at talking my parents into taking vacation somewhere together with my 7 year old sister for the period of SMACK (we have easter vacation during that time). Alongside with that i had a limitation of max 20 people at my house. So everything was cool and f*cking dandy.
well, now my mom said she dont want to have more than 15 here and even thats at stake since my dad said they wont take vacation D:<

But they understand the ****ty situation i am and you guys are in.
so tomorrow evening we will sit together and will have negotiation over that matter. if i will be succesul at making them both leave the house i wont give a **** and maybe could house even more than 20, if i fail it will be no more than 15 people while already having 11 people on my list to be housed at least for thursday to friday.
I'll do my best to make them leave their own house so you guys can have a stay.
Thx Man, i really look forward to this.
Hope it goes well with the negotiations! ^^

random-ness

Smash Cadet
Maybe. But I highly doubt it.

Hey, let's fly together (there's a Ryanair flight from Stockholm straight to Bremen for some reason!).
Yeah Yuna, let's see what we can do about that, it sure would be great! :D

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
The ruleset is ****ed up, besides that, it looks like this is going to be a good smashfest ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom