• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Arcade II : Metaflair's Revenge! 10-3-09 [Morehead, KY]

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not sure yet what Cbus's deal is. I'm trying to get in contact with Q to see if we can get a car of me/q/taco/maybe one other person from Cbus. Shrugz.

Kel

Smash Master
Well, Today, I work until 8, and then I have no clue what's going on. I wouldn't mind playing tonight, but it's looking like I won't be able to get a ride tomorrow, so there's really no need to play tonight.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Alright here's the deal.

I'm too tired to drive 8 hours round trip. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to bail. Sorry for any inconvenience this will cause.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
doh, are there any more drivers from cinci/cbus? I may be able to arrange some housing if that fixes anything. and you can sleep at the arcade the night of.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Cincy will get there somehow.

Tako, spend the night<3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm and Kel are on their way to crush your hopes and dreams!

Also to say beep beep with Mister Eric.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yayyy
everyone and their mom backed out =_=

still...beepbeep tho! :D

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I heard attendance was very disappointing and that Calic also isn't there to collect my $5 from.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
results:

1. Xisin
2. OS
3. Kel
4. Mister Eric
i can't remember offhand after this, tio file is still at the arcade.

Full results + payouts up tomorrow, tourney was fun.

Kel

Smash Master
This is what happened:
Friday night OS, his brother, his girlfriend and her friends went down to Main Strasse village in Covington Kentucky to celebrate OS' girlfriend's 21st birthday. Kel (me) went to see Zombie Land at Newport on the Levee with his friend Cauvin. Since Overswarm was already in the area, Kel got his friend to drop him off 2 minutes from Newport to meet up with everyone else. Kel then went to Overswarm's place, they got a couple hours of sleep and headed out for Morehead.

This all happened within a span of a couple hours (most of which I was in the movie for). I have no cell phone yet and didn't know if you guys were actually getting a ride (IE Mr Eric saying Cincinnati will find a way down), or if you were staying at Today's like planned or anything really. This entire plan was completely disorganized- I mean, I was asking all week if I even had a ride and I got mixed answers.

I even asked if people wanted to do something today to hang out since we weren't going to the tournament and no one responded. Don't be angry with us because there were no malicious intentions involved. It's not like we haven't gone to a billion tournaments with you before or anything.

Also, this tournament had like 13 entrants so Overswarm and I mained Random for a bit. After I lost a couple I started maining snake. I used MK twice. I even went ICs against Xisin for a match lol.
Here is the spread of how the match between Overswarm and I went:
Game 1: Overswarm- ROB, Kel- Snake FD
Game 2: Overswarm- ROb, Kel- Dedede PS1
Game 3: Overswarm Diddy, Kel- Mr Game and Watch

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hmmmp...my heart is Crushed....The only way I'll feel better is if the Bengals beat Cleveland tomorrow...*sigh*

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah, everything went to hell this tournament attendance wise.

I really wish Springfield would tell us their plans instead of ditching us and going to Michigan. I'm not mad at you guys in any way. But it sucks getting our beeps (hopes) up.

Regardless it was fun.

And @ the God Kais, what Kel is saying is true. It was a very spur of the moment thing. So don't hold too much against them unless there's some greater reason I don't know about.
I will see you beepos next week<3
it's been too long.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Fox vs. ROB matches with Mister Eric were probably the most fun I had the entire day.

I wish more matchups were like that. :[

Top Bottom