• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH AID: Southern Circuit Event #4 Presented By GAwes and XPlayGround July 29-30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Guys coandme died last night around 2:30 - 3:00 am.

Thanks for the prayers he was able to move on to a better place, and out of his tortured body.

Prayers for his Mom and family would be very helpful now.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110874

And man Wes, you couldn't have picked a more appropriate/ironic/whatever sub-title for Smash Aid.
Whenever I hear about stuff like this I always -really- hope it's a joke, but I seriously doubt it. That sucks....a lot.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
*sigh*

<johns> I won't be attending day 1 either... I got pwned by my mother and gas$. She simply won't let me take the car out to the ATL region (in this case, XPlaygrounds) due to the fact that it'll cause too much wear and tear on the tires/engine (it's 11 years old, dunno bout the tires), and that it'll **** in gas $, and that if my Dad finds out I'm in that area, he's gonna start *****ing about visitation rights with my bro and how I should be the one driving him to ATL and all this other bull**** legal crap that doesn't make any sense.</johns>

So unless you guys can help me think of something, I am SOL... :'(
Well I know we can't help with the visitation rights issue, but what if I picked you up Sunday morning and brought you to the tournament? Because you wouldn't be driving to ATL, and you wouldnt be driving your car.

you might as well just ask if thats okay.

Nite

Smash Champion
That's sad to hear Exarch. I hope you are ok as well as his family. Deaths of your friends and family are hard and I wish you and their family the best of luck on getting through this trajedy.

(I'll see everyone tomorrow...)

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Coandme was an amazing person...an amazingly funny guy, and one of the best guys to hang around, may it be smash or anything else. Now, I only saw him 3 times in my life (Two Smash Aids, MLG atlanta), and my brief times of knowing him were enough for me to realize just how good he was at influencing a positive atmosphere around whoever he was hanging out. He was an honest man, and always was optimistic about things, even when things weren't looking too good for him. I will truly miss him, and feel saddened knowing such an honorable person has passed away. May we all Smash our best for this tournament- Coandme would be happy to know that this Smashaid was done the best it could be. May God's Grace be with him as he now transcends into a better place...

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'll bring my old deck, I suppose. I haven't played in about eighteen-ish months. I had a Warrior deck before it was cool, and I refused to use that Black Luster Soldier lameness that everyone else was running at the time...

I think my deck was quite good for its time, but I don't know how it'd be now.
My deck is pretty outdated too. Its made up of mostly burn and stall cards. Stall so your opponent can't attack and burn so you can just keep hitting them directly. Then I have some high atk powered monsters in there.

Burn decks are considered kinda cheap, but they are not over powered

eastheaven

Smash Ace
Oh snap, I have a final on Monday, too.
lol
Man, I can't believe it.
Sorry Daniel Zaman
Sorry Georgia
Sorry OOS

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I'll bring a PS2, but I can pretty much only read dvd-r.
Because of my mod chip.
So game requests anyone?

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'll bring a PS2, but I can pretty much only read dvd-r.
Because of my mod chip.
So game requests anyone?
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a must.
DBZ Tekaichi 2 would be nice as well :o
Guilty Gear Slash ftw
Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3. Because its so fun to watch and play.

But those are all just suggestions of course. lol.

Oh. And can you burn me a copy of Zone of the Enders 2 please? I really wanna play it overnight. I'd appreciate it a lot

And thats about it :o

Someone bring an N64 + Killer Instinct Gold. :O

SleepyK

Okay, I have mvc2 somewhere, i'll try to get tenkaichithisisinjapanesesoitscoolnow, guilty gear slash, and naruto. I have zoe2 somewhere too...

PB&J

Smash Hero
who ever needs housing tonight or just want to play smash ...we are playing smash at my house right now and the great mike g will be here soon so...let me know my aim is itsgotabetheshoe

eastheaven

Smash Ace
Hey Laijin we have Guilty Gear Accent Core up at GATech so when you come by next we could play that(plus how's Makai Kingdom coming along?).

chaddd

Smash Lord
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a must.
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Look, if you want to play Marvel, please don't insult it's existence with that choppy, frameskipping version on the PS2. I'll just bring my Dreamcast. :)

And I'm sorry, but anyone who prefers PS2 Marvel 2 to Dreamcast would just get slaughtered by anyone good and is therefore a scrub.

There, I said it. :chuckle:

SleepyK

Well, ah suppose I could bring my dreamcast too then.
Nevermind, I found one.

I'll bring my dreamcast + mvc2 as well as my ps2.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
For the record, I'm bringing an SNES and a bunch of games (Killer Instinct, Super Street Fighter II, Tetris Attack, King of the Monsters 2, Super Bomberman 2, and Kirby Super Star, among other things) and a couple N64 games (Pokèmon Puzzle League, MK: Trilogy, Mario Party 2). Someone do me a favor and bring an N64; I would, but I can't find a spare A/V cable for it.

I'm heading out soon; I can't wait to see everyone there.

Also: -Chad-, we need to beast Captain America and the Avengers while we're there. Anyone got a video camera? I promise you, it'll be the greatest thing recorded while there.

SleepyK

Reflex, the n64 a/v cable is the same as a GC. But i'll bring my n64 just the same, ah guess.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
ok

renth will now be coming to this

as will I

N64 will be picked up be me

exarch....u want a ride? if u do call me cuz im at a lan center and have 15 minutes left

1-352-586-4372

peace

-C@$H

Renth

Smash Hero
I'll take you up on that ride. What time will you guys be around here?

My Dad's on the phone right now, so I can't quite call you-yet.

Renth: team?
Of course i like to eat cake.. you like to eat caker so let's all eat cake together.

SleepyK

Wes, i propose we change venues to Tech so Tong can come.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Yang - Thanks for those friendlies man, 2 stocking trade offs are too fun. Thanks for the offer up on the ride, but my mother is being anal about this whole thing. In fact it's far too complicated to explain (big *** johns). Hope you decide to come over for G4S4!

Everyone else - Good effing luck today guys, especially GA. I expect to see GA to make it to top 1 please :p ^.^

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Hey chad you noob get your **** up, find my shirt and come get some teams practice with me so we can beat *** all over this tournament.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom