• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

Sangoku

Smash Master
Come on, how was he supposed to know how to pronounce it correctly if nobody had told him previously? :ohwell:

And since the comments are in english, it is natural to say names the english way (just like towns names).

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I don't blame them or anything, but it's still (apparently) wrong.

Also I don't understand why different countries change around names. Like why is España called Spain in the US if España is the real name?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
wow i honestly can't think of a good reason, especially seeing as many languages incorporate other languages' (based off similar alphabet) words into theirs...

im gonna be lazy and say that now that habit has been established the question is moot lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also I don't understand why different countries change around names. Like why is España called Spain in the US if España is the real name?
People like to slightly change the names/pronunciations of countries to better suit their own language, and make it more comfortable to say. It's natural (not saying it's a good thing though).

ballin4life

Smash Hero
People like to slightly change the names/pronunciations of countries to better suit their own language, and make it more comfortable to say. It's natural (not saying it's a good thing though).
Makes sense, but it's not like España is hard to say.

Also I know that I like to be called by my name, not some foreign language version of it. I always hated when Spanish teachers would say "hoosteen" :laugh:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well, the same issue all over again. People who dont speak english, learn english easier, and english speaking people probably has a more difficult time learning other languages such as spanish (basically because english is most wide-spread all over the world), but in general people should pronunce names in their own language style if possible.
There are some exceptions like country name translations though.
Ballin is your name Justin? =)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Are you saying english is the easiest language to learn? I couldn't follow.

It really depends on what you mean by learn...if it's just to a basic, secondary language level, it isn't hard, but with all the idioms and nuances it's no simple language to really learn properly, and these tend to be taught early as well for ESL, etc.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
english is probably one of the hardest languages to learn for non native speakers. over 16 different vowel sounds and constant exceptions to rules.

dandan

Smash Lord
Well, the same issue all over again. People who dont speak english, learn english easier, and english speaking people probably has a more difficult time learning other languages such as spanish
so that is why there are almost no english speakers in spain?
spain, italy and france suck at this (though i think in france it is done on purpose), it is annoying that i can travel to most european countries without any problems but when i was in italy and spain, i mostly had to explain myself using hand gestures :S

NixxxoN

Smash Master
so that is why there are almost no english speakers in spain?
spain, italy and france suck at this (though i think in france it is done on purpose), it is annoying that i can travel to most european countries without any problems but when i was in italy and spain, i mostly had to explain myself using hand gestures :S
A lot of people simply dont give a f*** about english, its not really obligated. Also, I think some northern countries like... netherlands or germany (germanic languages?) have a more similar languages so its easier for them to learn, but im not so sure.
I would say that english overall its not a very hard language to learn though (at least to write... to speak and pronounce is harder).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A lot of people simply dont give a f*** about english, its not really obligated. Also, I think some northern countries like... netherlands or germany (germanic languages?) have a more similar languages so its easier for them to learn, but im not so sure.
I would say that english overall its not a very hard language to learn though (at least to write... to speak and pronounce is harder).
I thought English was difficult. But, I did learn three dialects of Chinese first, so that contributes to it. It's just the rules are so tedious and then there are many things which break said rules.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright. So with my new Emerald Nuzlocke on Youtube I'll probably be throwing random SSB64 videos up once in a while. Most of them will probably be BTT or BTP videos since I'm still terrible at this game. xD

ballin4life

Smash Hero
english is probably one of the hardest languages to learn for non native speakers. over 16 different vowel sounds and constant exceptions to rules.
English is hard to pronounce but I don't think the grammar is that difficult. Every tense is easy to conjugate besides past, and there's no male vs female nouns

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol pete you don't have to apologize for every combo in the description.

I liked them. Especially the tilty falcon one.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm uploading the last 3 matches I had vs Amon Amarth when I played him a few weeks ago. I think these are pretty entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ba11in41ife?feature=mhum

As always comments and tips are much appreciated :)

Also, I was thinking for future videos about putting comments in the description about the parts that I consider the "highlights" of the match. Is this a good idea? Or is it too self centered to point out all my awesome combos? :laugh: Seriously though, I know that when I watch videos I like to go to the comments to see what other people liked and I'll usually watch those parts again, so I thought it might be worthwhile.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Watch them all, and suffer as I suffer. And yeah, it's a good call to point out the 1337 bits. It'll look a little self-centered, but who cares.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Well, I did just say that the last 3 are good matches right? :)

I also spread out the posting of videos for that reason, but do you think I should filter to only the very best matches?
The number of matches you have is just ridiculous XD

I just watch matches with cool characters now hahah

Battlecow

Play to Win
I like them. I'd rather this than just the very best ones; maybe you could point out the best ones somewhere, but none of them stood out as deletable or much better than the others to me.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I don't really use this anymore, and i deleted all my comments/videos..
but i am planning to make some SSB64 vids; when i have the time.

you should check my favorites; i got alot of cool songs on there. (that is if you're into vgm and eastern music.)

www.youtube.com/user/kingdomyoshiyoshi42
(purtle, i took your avatar. it's coolbeans.)

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
Also, I was thinking for future videos about putting comments in the description about the parts that I consider the "highlights" of the match. Is this a good idea? Or is it too self centered to point out all my awesome combos? :laugh: Seriously though, I know that when I watch videos I like to go to the comments to see what other people liked and I'll usually watch those parts again, so I thought it might be worthwhile.
Definitely do this. It will make it easier for me next time .-.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxZs6XduFBQ

How Sexy is SeeJ's Puff?

NOTE: I recorded this three times for a reason (on three different characters)
I'm gonna be doing videos in the future on my format of SSB64
it sounds weird and quite blasphemous to the narrow-minded.
But hopefully with examples, and more in-depth talk about it.
You guys can actually realize what this format is all about.
Until then please don't hate on my vids without actually realizing everything there is to know.
This is a whole new world, and you don't just start talking trash without knowing what the world is all about.

dandan

Smash Lord
then explain what you are trying to show with these vids.
i will restrain from judging them until you do :p

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
then explain what you are trying to show with these vids.
i will restrain from judging them until you do :p
check out my new thread
it basically explains what I'm trying to do
this is just a preview

And thanks for not being mean like other people around here

dandan

Smash Lord
already posted there, i just want to know what i am seeing, i will judge, but only when i know the details :D

asianaussie

Smash Hero
why are you afraid of people being mean?

also when i unveil something big like a guide or a new project i wait until i have enough to prove it'll be good/succeed

maybe you should do that and people will take you far more seriously

good luck all the same

dandan

Smash Lord
you do not have to convince me, i can tell you up front and honestly, no offense, i am not interested.
i hope you get what you want, but for me, what i want is to stick with my original game.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
why are you afraid of people being mean?

also when i unveil something big like a guide or a new project i wait until i have enough to prove it'll be good/succeed

maybe you should do that and people will take you far more seriously

good luck all the same
lol
well this is just one combo XD?
There isn't much there XD
I'm just putting an intro out as to what I'm gonna be doing

Battlecow

Play to Win
I was the one who was "mean" to linkoninja lol.

He posted a very, very simple combo in 50% damage ratio smash as a response to one of ballin's vids, and then posted the same combo twice more on different characters. He entitled it "How Sexy is SeeJ's Puff?" You can see why I was a little sharp with him.

Top Bottom