• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I was the one who was "mean" to linkoninja lol.

He posted a very, very simple combo in 50% damage ratio smash as a response to one of ballin's vids, and then posted the same combo twice more on different characters. He entitled it "How Sexy is SeeJ's Puff?" You can see why I was a little sharp with him.
Haha I accepted the video response because I thought it was funny.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Well, because it was on 50% and because it was pretty random (not sure what it had to do with my videos).

:)

true to the 2nd
wth to the 1st?

also
all the "fancy" combos that you see people posting
are impossible or at least very very very very improbable.
So give me an example of a complex combo that isn't done on training mode.
Real-life, real-match combos.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Go watch three or four of ballin's vids. Odds are, I've left a comment on one that indicates such a combo.

Battlecow

Play to Win
wait wut

The combos I'm talking about were performed IRL on console. I can't show him a realer combo than that.

Dsc

Smash Ace
I think he means witnessing combos next to you infront of your tv irl irl irl irl.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
I think level 9 comps have better DI than some of the people in those videos. Still awesome though.
to Battlecow using Ballins quote
I want you to give me an example of a "complex" combo
on a HUMAN character, on console, in a real life-match.
I think that you guys don't give the community enough credit.
Some people can DI well IMO

Mahie

Smash Lord
Say what you will, your combo was the most basic thing a jigglypuff can perform. You should really be more modest, and just watch a few videos, you'll find what you're looking for.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Say what you will, your combo was the most basic thing a jigglypuff can perform. You should really be more modest, and just watch a few videos, you'll find what you're looking for.
I never said mine was complex or the best
I just posted it like "here ya go".

Battle on the other-hand is talking about complex combos and all this, and he's failed to give me a REAL example of one. the one with Alan was all over the place and even then I only saw a couple actual "complex" combos.

Basically I'm not gonna go looking for it, cause in this I didn't bring that up. It's like telling me to go research evidence for the opposing side of an argument.

And yeah maybe ur right and that combo was simple.
But well I have NEVER seen it before,
I've seen many Puffs
Isai's, Superbooms, Tigerbombz, etc, etc, etc
and well I've never seen this combo.
I'm just saying.
Like I said I don't argue the fact that maybe this is easy/simple
but I've never seen it, that's why I recorded it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dude, I understand you're new and all, but you're starting to piss me off a little. I said to go and watch a few of ballin's vids until you found one with a comment on it by me, and then go to the combo that that comment directed you to.

If that's too hard...

this one, starting at 1:58

The last edgeguard of this one, although it's not really a "combo", it's still something cool and vidworthy.

The second kill on this one

Those are just the first three examples I found, not by any means the best.

Are you trying to say that there are no complex combos that are applicable in matches? Or that no combo is as good as your bair->rest? Because I assure you, both of those assertions are likely to lose you a lot of respect on these boards. I could find twenty more complex combos performed IRL on console against an opponent who could DI, easily.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Are you trying to say that there are no complex combos that are applicable in matches? Or that no combo is as good as your bair->rest? Because I assure you, both of those assertions are likely to lose you a lot of respect on these boards. I could find twenty more complex combos performed IRL on console against an opponent who could DI, easily.

Bro
don't put words in my mouth.
To:
"Or that no combo is as good as your bair->rest?"
learn to read
I said:
"Like I said I don't argue the fact that maybe this is easy/simple
but I've never seen it, that's why I recorded it."

And FINALLY you've given me an example of a complex combo. Congratz
but if you get pissed off that's your fault, in the end it's just a game. I was just too lazy to go look for one for the previously stated reasons.

Battlecow

Play to Win
"It's just a game". Lol. I love it when people say that.

Sorry for (in a small way) misrepresenting your argument; that was a bit dickish of me. You have my sincere apologies.

I think our argument is at an end, good sir. Thank you for the exercise.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Comments on the Yoshi vs Samus match:

0:31 - Your parry only got punished because you full jumped and didn't do an aerial. Parry to immediate djc'ed nair is how you don't get punished vs Samus' aerials.

1:50 - You should have baired after his dair hit you. Or nair or any aerial but you didn't so he just hit you again and you died.

Hate to say it in a match with 2 very console pro players but...

Get on p2p and play some Samus'. It'll help a lot. Or get on kaillera and watch me/other Yoshi's play vs Samus'.

I'd also say go watch some Yoshi vs Samus vids but there aren't really any are there?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Thanks for the look.

I'd play online more but I'm at school and here I have vista which I haven't been able to get to work. Also p2p is ok but I can't stand playing at 7 frames on galaxy for very long

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ness vs Samus... I think its a difficult matchup for ness, especially for the range but also for samus playing style. Ness definitely cannot approach well, you should let samus approach you and be smart. Dont let you get thrown off because you are mostly dead then. Use utilt as a defensive move, and try to gimp like you did (lol). Ness down smash should work well to edgeguard samus. Overall, not much tips i can give you, basically this is one of the worst matchups for ness and you have not many options...

Peek~

Smash Lord
That was horrible.

1. If you block the first Dair expect a second attack in that same jump. You kept staying in one spot, either gtfo of there or try an uptilt. If you do run, run in front of Samus

2. Dont fear the bombs. You just let Samus control everything. Either run under it or wait if its too late but whatever you do dont let it touch you.

3. Avoid the right side. Ness has nothing on that side vs Samus except a lucky Dair -> Dair chain

4. Dair is pressure/tech/shield games - Uair is combo game/approach/priority.
Tech chasing is what Ness is all about, even in this matchup. You just gotta do it early.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
^ done :p

anything else that should be moved just lemme know...i'll get'er done

OK seeing as we have our own Video section now...you are not required to post youtube accounts here....

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD FOR YOUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT.

Top Bottom