• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of johns. Dekar and gords gets first seed at smash 4 in their pool at buttonsmash. Dreadtech does not get seeded at all. Still gets second place into pro bracket No johns needed cause i'm a bad motherf******. Peace.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
On the topic of johns. Dekar and gords gets first seed at smash 4 in their pool at buttonsmash. Dreadtech does not get seeded at all. Still gets second place into pro bracket No johns needed cause i'm a bad motherf******. Peace.
Did you prove yourself to be one of the top players this weekend?

Most importantly? You proud of yourself?

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Man, you are literally bad at reading people.
it's not "reading people" dude
when you say stuff, even if the intention isnt there (im certain it isn't, you seem like a genuine dude), it can come across as arrogant or obnoxious
just try to think about how others might perceive what you say. not everyone can read your mind, and everyone has different attitudes
Also, take some tips from Splice, yeah, he said this type of stuff, but he at least said it in a way I can respect what he said.
dont respect splice he's a nerd

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
No, the difference is, Splice had respect. I've read Sarah and there stuff I see that I'm not willing to give information about here. I understand what she is trying to say. But he is far from being the best person to tell me. I have respect for Splice. I decided to read him yesterday. He is respectable dude.
You read his advice yesterday? And you're still talking crap?

Shows you've learned absolutely nothing from this. I'm done with this pity party you're holding for yourself.

Splice

Smash Hero
Deez, there should be some orange text or something at the bottom of your posts that you can click to edit if you have more to say.
Don't make two posts in a row, instead edit a post to include more information. Double posting isn't (shouldn't be) tolerated on these forums and you will get infracted before you get your point across if you keep doing this.

As for the topic at hand, you don't need to take in all the advice you get, but you should respect it.
A good habit is to accept all advice and always be thankful, this is especially if the advice is about the game itself.
If someone says something and it helps take it in, if it doesn't you can ignore it. Don't respond negatively towards them and keep the cycle going, just be thankful they are being open and move on.

So, moving on, lets talk about video games; when is the next event? Update OP?
THANKS HEAPS TO JOEY FOR EDITING OP FOR SMASH@MONASH FOR ME - huge help

Meredy

The Busterina
Also, @Deez1, just gonna weigh in a little bit here. If someone writes a paragraph on an issue they have with you, and the general consensus is that they're right, instead of just shrugging it off and saying they're "bad at reading people," you should evaluate what they're saying and try to see things from their points of view. Take me for an example, before you smash 4 guys came into the scene I was a REEEEEAL *******. Super arrogant, super salty all the god damn time, and just not fun in general to be around. A few close Smash friends told me how they felt honestly and I just had to swallow my senseless pride and get my **** together.

I'm not gonna say anything personally towards you because I don't want to start anything more, but yeah, just my two cents.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Just to finalise this whole thing I can say from experience people like Deez turn up once every year or two, usually when a new version of smash is released or they saw some popular media surrounding smash (wombo combo, the smash doco etc) but they refuse to actually adapt and improve by refusing help or blaming everything else for their own faults in terms of skill. It comes down to 2 options usually they accept advice from others (or realise their faults on their own) and grow/adapt accordingly, or they get beaten into submission constantly (in game :p) and after a while they just stop coming, this may take longer with smash 4 however since it seems to be harder to punish bad play in this version when compared to the others (my opinion, not fact).

We've given him a choice as a community and now it's up to him, he can grow from it such as Meredyse has (I have noticed you have improved greatly behavior wise, props to you for taking on advice and I hope you enjoy the community more because of it :D), or he can be constantly beaten and end up leaving like we've seen lots of people do (one being famously JV 5 stocked by Dekar lol)

Meredy

The Busterina
I have noticed you have improved greatly behavior wise, props to you for taking on advice and I hope you enjoy the community more because of it :D
Thanks, I'm actually real proud of myself, but I still have quite a ways to go yet.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Next tournament will be on the 21st of March

There will be an event on the 14th of March that will be made known when everything is finalised.

/

VODS from February RanBats: S4 vods are already up thanks to Bijou. PM is currently being uploaded, with Melee to come soon after thanks to Dom.

//

Side note: Feel free to act however you want guys, but please realise that this forum represents who we are as competitive smashers. Keep it civil and side step the baits.

Bijou

Smash Cadet
I've yet to upload doubles matches due to lack of interest in them, but since you've asked about it I'll aim to have them up this week too.

earla

Smash Lord
please upload the vid of deez single-handedly demoralizing tibz and attila in dubzz...

Bijou

Smash Cadet
No such video exists ; )

( Literally. Nothing at Monash was recorded. )

Bijou

Smash Cadet
Uploading 12 more matches today - 9 Doubles games and 3 singles that were randomly played on the setup I was using.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
yeah, commentary career on hold
While its ultimately up to whoever owns the set up, I encourage everyone to give commentary a (short) go if possible. It'll give you a greater appreciation for commentary, and who knows, you might be good. Don't feel disheartened if you're bad first time - everyone is and it is definitely not for most people. So kudos for trying - keep at it if you feel like you can improve.

//

Totally forgot about SmashBoards

This is the next event I was alluding to. 18+, Melee, Casuals + Crews only. Fun for some - we're working on other events for the other games. This space is just too limiting to hold anything more.

Last edited:

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
While its ultimately up to whoever owns the set up, I encourage everyone to give commentary a (short) go if possible. It'll give you a greater appreciation for commentary, and who knows, you might be good. Don't feel disheartened if you're bad first time - everyone is and it is definitely not for most people. So kudos for trying - keep at it if you feel like you can improve.
Thanks man, im actually kind of keen to give it another crack, this time i might actually talk about the game at hand

Splice

Smash Hero
rofl my first commentary too

GG the pre-puberty tapes have been found it's over

Last edited:
Top Bottom