• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough. Just don't go making the pool that shall not be named again
What pool are you speaking of? The Death pool that existed in your brain because you didn't make it out? This is also partly the reason why you won't get better as a player, instead of asking for easier pools ask for the skills to beat the pool.

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Fair enough. Just don't go making the pool that shall not be named again
Why are you firing shots at TOs dude.
Find out stuff about what top melee players do, the metagame is way more developed but they're still looking for edges. They don't need top lucario mains to help them improve.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Dreadtech, you know what, I can't fight that comment. The harsh reality is now hurting me.
thanks for keeping us updated with your feelings deez

in other news, my teapot from last night is still a little bit full. but its had half a lemon and 3 teabags in it overnight
do you think its safe to drink or would it be too bitter? im really thirsty and i dont know what else to do mum just had the last bit of coke zero

respond quickly there's not much time help

EDIT: i put some honey into the tea and it was great.

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
What pool are you speaking of? The Death pool that existed in your brain because you didn't make it out? This is also partly the reason why you won't get better as a player, instead of asking for easier pools ask for the skills to beat the pool.

Splice

Smash Hero
The reason we haven't finished this is because you are still making dumb posts.

You say you have felt the harsh reality of realising what you are doing is bad, but then why haven't you learnt anything from it yet?
You're still doing things like saying "I can beat them with my playstyle"
I just told you your playstyle was terrible and you agreed, and then you say that?

No-one wants to hear your bragging or advice because ALL OF US KNOW you are still learning and are doing a lot of things wrong.
No-one wants to hear about you making jokes and shots at the tournament organisers expense, so don't do it.

You're asking us to move on and the proper way for us to do that would be to set you to ignore on Smashboards, do you realise that? But we aren't, and would appreciate it if you could think more before you make a post so that discussion could be productive.

You say "I don't care if it's Diddy, I can beat them with my playstyle"
First of all you've made an excuse for losing in implying SD won because of Diddy in some way
And then you say you can beat them with your playstyle, despite asking for help only a moment ago.
Because of this attitude, no-one is helping you and you aren't improving. This is simply an arrogant comment like many of the ones you post, and an ignorant one like all of them.

Everyone would appreciate it if you could keep such statements and opinions to yourself, and simply post here if you are looking for information about tournaments or asking questions to help yourself. I tell you this for the benefit of this forum not having to deal with such posts but also for your own benefit. More people would want to help you if you did not seem so obnoxious.

Hopefully you can take this criticism to benefit your approach to the game and this community

Last edited:

Izzago

having too many people is a great problem to have. 70+ entrants both games.. maybe we can expand on this and gradually reach the 100 mark with solid to'ing, social media exposure.
I'd love solid 100+ turnouts, even though I'd end up pulling my hair out from the stress.

Request for PM doubles denied for now.

Request for lunch break accepted but like last tournament, might be used up if running behind.
Good, hell no for PM doubles, even though it can be hype. If I need to add another event to the list I'd probably sleep for two solid days after every event.
As for the Lunch breaks... I'll actually be around next time, so there'll be more opportunities for you guys to take a break. I am usually (always) eliminated from tournaments early so I am more than able to cover either of the games TO duties for extended periods of time. My cousin also does food trips for me usually.

I thought we were finished with this? SD played Diddy Kong but honestly, I don't care if its Diddy, I can beat them with my play style. Can we move on now?
Palutena though? LMAO.

S.D

Smash Master
I'm sorry. But, I honestly don't know who to speak to as to improve my game. There are hardly any Lucario's in the world and I thought maybe you guys could give me some tips. Attila, I heard you where the top player in Brawl, maybe you would have some advice for me?
My advice would be to expand your gameplay and explore more options, utilising more of your moveset.
When I played you literally all you did was stand in the corner and charge aura sphere, then either roll when approached or fire it off.
One mix up. This was your ENTIRE gameplan.
The way I beat you had nothing to do with Diddy Kong, it was because your gameplan was so transparent.
All I did was stand at roll distance and shield if you shot at me, or hit you if you rolled.
Because I'm a S4 super scrub I missed like 20 times anyway but I had another 20 chances ready to go.
tl;dr you rely too much on rolling and aura sphere, learn the fundamentals of the game first.

As for the other stuff blah blah blah bad pool w/ev, think it's been covered but it was in no way harder than any other pool.
You're a beginner at smash, don't expect to be a top player anytime soon.
It takes trial and error, experience and self awareness of your game to improve.

If you think diddy kong is the reason I beat you I'd happily money match with with some other random character.

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Don't give free money :p tournaments are already donation events for the S.D. charity, at least till dekar gets back lol

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry. But, I honestly don't know who to speak to as to improve my game. There are hardly any Lucario's in the world and I thought maybe you guys could give me some tips. Attila, I heard you where the top player in Brawl, maybe you would have some advice for me?
I'll add my 2 cents to this discussion. :p Now this is actually a quote from Wife, he said this on stream once and this helped me a lot with my neutral game.

"When watching players and taking notes, instead of looking for what they are doing and what your not, it's much better to look at what your doing and what their not". If that makes sense. :) This will reduce bad habits and advance your understanding of what your doing and once you understand that, you can throw in mind games and control the flow of the game. Of course this will take ages to learn, but looking out for your bad habits will improve everything and makes you a more solid player all round.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

earla

Smash Lord
does bijou have smashboards? if so what's his account name.

or could someone private msg me his mobz number. cheers

E

Splice

Smash Hero
Attila and Tibs beat you in Winners Final and then they left
You came 1st technically but if you wanna brag about it it's a bit safer to say 2nd lol

congrats on 2nd ;)

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Good tournament, had lots of close sets with many players, including some interesting/weird wins & losses against a few people.
Would like to see the results & brackets eventually (I know they were hand-written but would be interesting to see again).

earla

Smash Lord
2nd is a good effort. how many teams

who won singles?

Last edited:

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Most of you probably thought I sucked as a doubles partner but the principal of giving someone a proper chance to do something should always be there.

P.s I'm talking to you, you know who I'm talking about.
I'm gonna make this clear and public as all hell, mostly because I'm tired of keeping up this game of charades. I'm going to speak from myself personally, though I would not be surprised if others felt the same way. The biggest qualm I have with you is not how good or bad you are at this game, it's how obnoxious you are as a person, how you lack humility and your inability to keep a lot of your Johns to yourself.

You are like a corporation. You are so quick to take credit and brag to the world about how you did awesome thing X and Y, even if these things were not one-hundred percent your doing, though as soon as something does not go your way, or you get called out on something, you try to save face as much as possible without taking anything really to heart, or pass off the blame to something / someone else, such as the recently mentioned Death Pool, or that your actions are justified because you are 16.

None of these issues at all are directly related to what you do in Smash. We could literally be playing any other game and if you still acted the same way, I would still have these same problems with you.

Top Bottom