• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

JKTS

Smash Cadet
I'd like to file an official request with Melbourne Melee Pty Ltd to get better seeding. Last three brackets I've been in, winners round 1 has been Forte, Skeletom & Matt G.

Pls stop making me lose in round one. It makes me feel bad.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'd like to file an official complaint to Melbourne Melee Pty Ltd to get better scheduling. Last three PM brackets I haven't been in, as rounds begin too early (read: before 6pm).

Pls dont stop me from playing PM. It makes me poor.

Last edited:

CheezyTV

Smash Rookie
I'd like to give props to the TOs this tournament. Last months ranbat was swamped with participants making the tournament quite difficult to run, running late into the day. This time, they stepped up big time, and it made for a noticeably smoother tournament progression. Cheers.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Yesterday was pretty fun. Shoutouts to follow, though for now, I wish more of the Smash 4 setups would be provided with sound. I'm a little tired of every month not being allowed to bring my own setup that has sound in favor of a setup that doesn't have sound.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Shoutouts to the bracket for bracket ****** me. =_=;; Can I please next time not have to lose to the same people again? :/ Salt but whateverz.

Anyway thanks for the tournament, it was good it ran on time :).

LeeQicity

Smash Rookie
I still don't know how I ended up in the melee bracket, without signing up. Thanks to the people who sorted that out for me.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Seeding is tough for 70+ entrants, people are missed and we are working on it. Help us out by entering as your gamertag, not your IRL name, and do it consistently every tournament.

FYI Jesse, you were seeded 18th. Also, it was round 2 when you versed "Matty". Moreover, Moxie upset Skeletom at SS, which explains why you versed him instead.

//

Re: Pizza. Everyone, please don't all go to the same pizza place. There are a wealth of options on Sydney road. I recommend the Pit Stop for kebabs on the corner of Moreland and Sydney Road.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
There is 1000000x options for kebabs/pizza in near proximity.
Shame there's nothing healthier though.
Oh well there's always bags of apples.

JKTS

Smash Cadet
Seeding is tough for 70+ entrants, people are missed and we are working on it. Help us out by entering as your gamertag, not your IRL name, and do it consistently every tournament.

FYI Jesse, you were seeded 18th. Also, it was round 2 when you versed "Matty". Moreover, Moxie upset Skeletom at SS, which explains why you versed him instead.

Yeah, I get it's hard to make everything super ideal, it's just annoying having it happen three times in a row. I think now that we're getting so many entrants, it might be an idea to cut off registration an hour or so before the bracket starts so these kinds of things can be identified and fixed before people start playing matches. Maybe even have a pre-reg system?

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Really nice tournament, TO's did amazing job and shout outs to everyone that helped out with TO'ing. You guys are amazing!

Shout outs:

PM

TOMMY: GANON DITTOS! Had a lot of fun in this set, can really tell your a Ganon Melee main, and not a Ganon PM main. If you ever want tips, I'm happy to help out and I hope you can do the same with me for melee. :)

SD: So we meet again in round 2, even though I was upset to vs you again and get put into losers so early. I thought my first game was amazing. I was being patient, getting reads and getting solid punishes and came close to taking it. I tried to repeat in game 2 but you baited me in beautiful and got destroyed. Your an amazing player and hopefully 1 day I be more constant against you. :) I also hope my ganondorf float info helped. :)

Hyes: Amazing ZSS! Your going to get really far with her if you keep it up. You were solid all round and pretty much gave me a heart attack after taking game 1. I am sorry for the 2 - 4 min break between game 1 and 2, I needed to really focus as I really wanted to do amazing this tourney to prove to myself and others that you don't sleep on Ganondorf. Again, keep at your ZSS, she is already better then your Ike. :)

Blue: Loved your Wolf, great to see him being played as I secondary him and feel like he doesn't get enough love some times. Your falco also did amazing against me but I felt since it was on Yoshi's Story, that was too much of a favour towards Ganondorf. Keep it up and hope to vs again in PM or Melee. :)

Hughie: Crazy tech heavy Hughie, your going to get so far in the smash scene in a few years time. Crazy to think how much skill you have at such a young age. :) On to the matches now, Game 1 was brutal, I use to really suck against Marth til Dekar gave me some pointers and ever since, I haven't lost to a Marth since, so thank Dekar for the win. :p Game 2 was brutal for me cos Fox vs Ganondorf on FD..... silly me for not banning it, next time I will. :p Game 3.... not much to say about this one but just how close and intense the mind games and combos were. Sadly, it ended with a SD, so if your ever up for a money match, I'm in!

Dreadtech: Congrats on destroying my Ganondorf. :) It wasn't close at all but I think you could tell with the SD's and just how I was playing that I was happy with my result and lost all energy on giving it my all. Next time, I promise I will, so get ready to get Ganon Stomped! :p

Mezer: Congrats on 9th place! We're moving up in the world. :p Hope to see you at the next tourney. :)

Smash 4

Mar: First I want to thank you for being so patient with me and letting me get through PM first. Means the world to me to be allowed to focus on my main game, so again, I really appreciate it. :) On to the matches, your falcon is very impressive and glad to vs you again. :) I got close to taking both games but you were just too good. Keep it up and if you ever want to learn Melee or PM, I'm here to help. :)

Baron: Very nice Yoshi, you really put in some work on my ganondorf. Great win and hope to vs again soon. :)

Shout outs to everyone that spoke to me.

Special shout out to V for the free coke and chocolate, your awesome! Sorry to not say bye, you were in doubles and didn't want to distract you. Well done on 5th place, keep up the great ... Kid power? ...as you play all the kids. :p

ViVa

Smash Ace
Time for ze shouting yes?

Bijou: Sorry I ****ed up signing us up for doubles. Oh well you got to team with V so that was probably fun anyway. Thanks for bringing that recording equipment for Wii U everyone appreciates it.

All of the T.O-Bros I worked with: Was fun yelling at people with you guys. Always happy to help out if I am needed.

Joey: Sorry I almost sank the ship Cap'n. I'll just stay out here on the poopdeck.

People that had the same name as 2-3 other players: You guys are the worst I love you.

SD: I love jumpers, they're comfortable and easy to wear. Nice apples.

Mark: GGs man.

Bryce: GG bryce. Was fun fighting in the castle.

Nin*Rose/NivStavRuse/Ninstarbros: GGs man. Shame about the S.Ds in our set.

Dreadtech: GGs Dread. Thanks for all the T.O work you da reel mvp.

V: GGs sorry mario exists. Thanks for the chocolate egg though that was nice.

Attila: GGs that mk combo on halberd was delicious.

Rhyno: GGs in LF. Stop spiking me you meanie.

Earl: Was odd that we met in bracket that early but it didn't seem to matter in the end though. GGs for all of our sets.

Edit: Ooh just remembered. Shoutouts to Tak for trying to enter an amiibo into smash 4 singles that was hilarious.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Restream?
10 restreams

Also @ MGK MGK we actually played in round 3 winners, so not so bad!
You played great game 1, but got a little predictable by the end.
Your ganon is amazing though and I love all your tidbits of knowledge (i don't know anything about PM Ganon but I do love him) so every bit of advice helps!
You may be proud to know I won both winners finals and grand finals 3-0 with the dorf!

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Shoutouts to:

Tyler for Melee doubles and friendlies and conversation, your snake is pretty damn good and I'm just selectively blind for stickies and Dsmashes. Get to work on your Falco approaches, otherwise someone is just gonna shield your Dair > Shines and punish you. Learn to Double Shine and Shine > Grab

Marz for actually showing up. Smash 4 doubles was fun, even though I suck ****, trying to JC grab and ending up just airdodging by accident. Practice your Melee tech, I look forward to bodying you more when you get better

SD for the wrecking me the instant I actually won a PM match, though I suicided waaaay too much

MGK or SD, whichever of you jumped the gun, gj I enjoyed the extra practice time kappa

Dread, Redact, Joey, V, everyone else who manned the TO desk. smoothly handled

Haydze/Edit, can't remember your tag, thanks for the crap ton of friendlies, glad I helped you body that marth, mix up your approaches a bit instead of just grabbing, would love to spam Marth/Falcon again with you

Everyone else who I forgot, I forgot

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Just wondering if points will be given out soon for this months ranking for Smash 4?

Shoutouts coming soon

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Shoutouts to:

Tyler for Melee doubles and friendlies and conversation, your snake is pretty damn good and I'm just selectively blind for stickies and Dsmashes. Get to work on your Falco approaches, otherwise someone is just gonna shield your Dair > Shines and punish you. Learn to Double Shine and Shine > Grab

Marz for actually showing up. Smash 4 doubles was fun, even though I suck ****, trying to JC grab and ending up just airdodging by accident. Practice your Melee tech, I look forward to bodying you more when you get better

SD for the wrecking me the instant I actually won a PM match, though I suicided waaaay too much

MGK or SD, whichever of you jumped the gun, gj I enjoyed the extra practice time kappa

Dread, Redact, Joey, V, everyone else who manned the TO desk. smoothly handled

Haydze/Edit, can't remember your tag, thanks for the crap ton of friendlies, glad I helped you body that marth, mix up your approaches a bit instead of just grabbing, would love to spam Marth/Falcon again with you

Everyone else who I forgot, I forgot
MGK hijacked me and said we were playing, I guess assuming the previous round had been completed.
After I played him I found out there was a game beforehand that needed to be played, so if I won the result would stand if not you would have played MGK.
Either way GG, stop jumping off the level lol

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Ok, Thanks everyone for yet another awesome Tournament... here are my Shoutouts for Smash 4:

Team Leisha + Baron: For an throw off result :p We so had you guys in that first match until Leishy's controller started playing up... But never the less, we ranked equally in the end so I'm happy with that ;) Awesome 50/50 GGs :D

Team Boozer + Rhyno: A team sent from the Gods... We almost had you guys in the first match but Rhyno you beast! You alone went full force... well done!

Tempest: For being the best teammate EVER! :D That trick we did to Leisha and Baron... ;) It worked buddy, it worked :D

EvenStephen: Dude... I'm so proud of you man! Taking the set from Ignis so no easy task but you did it! You pulled it off man. I knew if anyone that shouldn't mess around with... its you! A good 10 or more people was watching that match knowing that Ignis is a fantastic player, you proved to everyone to NEVER... underestimate any opponent! Well done!

Boozer: Dude! by far my highlight of the day! Our match was soooo epic... We were BOTH were sooo Dead... When Charizard's Flare Blitz with Rage and Sonic's fully charge Forward Smash with Rage collide for an epic both soooo dead V launch... HOLY **** THAT WAS AMAZING!!! I was only lucky I had more launch room than you did or I would have lost... Well done man and I sooooooooooo cant wait to play again! Epic GG! EPIC GG! :D I hope who ever owns that console likes the reply we saved for him!

Viva: Dude... your soooo good... you destroyed me first match... but im sorry for my stupid SD on the second game... and I was playing better then too. I promise to give you a better game next time.

V: If anyone was to eliminate me, I'm glad it was to a worthy opponent! You destroyed me first match but I almost.... ALMOST........ had you that second match... that axe got me by surprise... I didn't see it coming... No kidding... the tree was in the way :p but I also didn't see it coming :D GGs V and I can't wait to play again!

Baron and Deez: For helping me finish my Pizza :D

Bijou: For recording and commentating Smash 4 Singles and Doubles! I can't wait to see the videos man!

Bryce: For that funny Car Jack / Pull jokes all night :D and almost everything about the day! :D Missed having this much fun with you buddy :)

TO's: For getting my name right again for Smash Doubles and wrong again in Smash Singles :p How on earth does that happen? :D

Last but not least.... Sonic: My Character, My Bro, My Teammate! Bros for life since 1991! Couldn't have gone this far without you! Love you heaps Sonic the Hedgehog!
:4sonic:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
TO's: For getting my name right again for Smash Doubles and wrong again in Smash Singles :p How on earth does that happen? :D
Data entry is separate for each bracket. Doing it for 70+ entrants while being asked "has Smash 4 started yet?" every 15 seconds, all while taking down results for other matches is pretty harrowing.

Just my 2 cents, I didn't enter the names and don't speak on behalf of the TO's.

In any case, it's just a name, NinjaRuse!

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
To be fair, TOs still spell my name wrong. It was spelt differently between S4 and melee even at this last tourney.

srs

Milun

Smash Ace
It may not seem like much comparing to the great and popular Snake, but I was quite fond of Ivysaurs playstyle in Project M. Even if she got a garbage redesign like Charizard did in Smash 4, it'd have been something...

Last edited:

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
Chucking it out there that it was an awesome day and that from my perspective everything ran like really sexy clockwork.
Shoutouts to Atticus for the billion [awesome] friendlies, Hyes for scaring the **** out of me with his solid-ass Zoot-Soot, MGK for being a boss in general [and scoring 7th!], Dom[?] for putting up with me jabbing him about his streaming setup, Splice for giving me colourful nightmares about skeletal lizard kings crawling through the fire to murder small children, and everyone who managed to put up with me throughout the day. Much love, all around.
I'm fired up and stuff, yeah!

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
got a garbage redesign like Charizard did in Smash 4
but smesh 4 charizard is gr8 ;_;

cool tournament is cool, v so early in loser's isnt, v pls no lose so early tyty :> challonge is op, much smooth tournament wow
shoutouts to all the cool people etc :006:

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
@ Splice Splice plz don't be so good at all the games so brackets move quicker

Thx
That was the plan! This will be my last Project M singles tournament, since I just need to imbue more energy into the games that I am trying to get good at it (smash4 and Melee) instead of spreading myself thin. I need more time to think in between games so that I can make more adjustments and not get worn out.
If you hear me getting excited about Project M remind me not to enter!
In an act of finality; PM mains and best result with each::mewtwopm:2nd:metaknight:1st:gw:2nd:bowser2:4th (Dunno if you knew this but your character has a **** recovery Travis)

Shoutouts:
Astra - Thanks for asking for friendlies! It's so hard to get them in at tournaments these days, people have to start hosting Smash4 meets more regularly!

Lee - for good games, it was a fun set.

V - Thankyou for the chocolate! Since you're switching team partner every tournament I'd like to ask if you want to team next time.

Dreadtech - :bowser2:

@Hobobloke - :bowser2: Thanks for the inspiration.

Moxie and Phil - GG's and WP in PM (but not really to Phil)

Atticus - Well we technically won teams at this event. Good work since we had to bring it back from 0-2 down so we mustered strength pretty hard. Congrats on beating Redact and Skeletom, you've done work with your positive and renewed energy towards practicing. It's inspiring

Forte - Thanks for honest words after the tournament. GG's

Tak - What's on the menu today? Bacon, Sausages and F-Zero vehicles (may or may not contain traces of F-Zero Pilot)

Daniel - This is how I felt after our set

@ Haydino Haydino - wowowowowowowowowowowow
I still feel like your appearance at this monthly was just some kind of dream
Like my subconscious trying to process memories of this amazing human being from 5 years ago
Guess we'll have to see if you rock up to my tourney this Friday to see if you're real or not
V See Below V

@Everyone - PLEASE GIVE THIS A SUS GUYS, THERE IS ANOTHER TOURNAMENT THIS COMING FRIDAY http://smashboards.com/threads/friday-27th-of-february-smash-monash-3-smash4-project-m-melee.369716/

Last edited:

Izzago

Sorry to all for not making it out, especially to the TO family who probably could have used my help with the super high numbers we had. Depression is a ***** isn't it?

Anyway, makes me happy to see Atticus place so well. Well and truly deserved. Quite a comeback, especially after how bummed out you seemed to be after Shadowloo Showdown. Its always good to see my favourite smashers do well, especially where I can't. Don't sleep on Skeletom though, he'll go full beast mode next tournament and give everyone a run for their money...

Also did I mention I took a game off Skeletom once?

Top Bottom