• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Hey everyone, here are the results. Only the singles brackets are able to be claimed since we don't do the doubles brackets properly because I have the brain of a 7 year old, so doubles results will be in plain text. Huge thanks to everyone for coming. We had over 100 Smash players come through the door, with 70 entrants for Smash 4 WiiU... You guys are ridiculous!
Hey man, you might need to fix the Project M singles results; there's two Toshis. I believe one is Jei, not sure which one.

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Thanks to all for an awesome, awesome day :) I had super fun and played so many awesome players! I cant wait for next month :)

also guys, My user is wrong in the Smash Wii U Singles ranking. You guys got me down as NinStarBros :D

but its actually NinStarRose (or Nin*Rose)

You guys got my name correct in Smash Wii U doubles though :D

Izzago

Hey man, you might need to fix the Project M singles results; there's two Toshis. I believe one is Jei, not sure which one.
-_- I was told to change Jei to Toshi, so I did that. Now I'm confused. Honestly not sure there's much I can do about it now that its up... So I apologize for any errors in the bracket. I'll make sure to do a better job next time so make sure there aren't any errors.
Thanks to all for an awesome, awesome day :) I had super fun and played so many awesome players! I cant wait for next month :)

also guys, My user is wrong in the Smash Wii U Singles ranking. You guys got me down as NinStarBros :D

but its actually NinStarRose (or Nin*Rose)

You guys got my name correct in Smash Wii U doubles though :D
Again, I apologize for that. Most likely its my fault, I have trouble hearing sometimes and get some things wrong. I'd fix it if I could but the bracket is locked right now so I can't modify names. I hope its not too much of an issue...

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
-_- I was told to change Jei to Toshi, so I did that. Now I'm confused. Honestly not sure there's much I can do about it now that its up... So I apologize for any errors in the bracket. I'll make sure to do a better job next time so make sure there aren't any errors.
No sweat dude, I know all the people running the brackets today tried to make everything run as smoothly as possible and I'm happy that was the case. :)

S.D

Smash Master
Hey friends, GJ to everyone today managing the big numbers.

I believe I left behind a flatbrim redsox cap (navy blue red b on it). Did anyone happen to pick it up?

ShadowRhyno

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowRhyno
Thanks for the good day guys, looking forward to next monthly!

Good job on the win ViVa and bad luck V, it was a great game to watch and was really close.

Last edited:

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Thanks for a good day everyone, awesome turnout, and most people wore deodorant. THANKS.
Also feels good to win something. Thanks Toshi for carrying my bird.
Dude above me has been on smashboards for nearly five years and that's his first post :O - actually found that amazing.
<3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
So no bracket doesn't show it but I 3-0 ' s.d in winners finals and then he reset me to win 2-3 1-3. s.d 2g

I didn't even have to play skeletom this time, he got lol bracketed then s.d'd in losers finals.

tourney was mad fun, we will be using challenge from now on to make things easier (brackets on phones, no crashes) so the delays we had today should be non existent in the future

shoutouts to joey and izz ago for being super cool TO'S as well as everyone else who helped make things happen (I think I saw Mozart helping at one point?)

billy what a loser not entering melee what a poop hed

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts (Sorry if I forgot to mention you. There was so many people aaaaaaa)

Jei: Sorry we didn't win teams. We got close though! GGs in singles. Have fun on your holiday.
Earl and Nicks: Was fun playing against you guys GG. Good job getting first.
V and AzuraSarah: I hope your team name was Bullet Hell or something. You guys had so many shootbangs but it was still a fun match GG.
Rhyno and Leisha: Sorry I kept teching the falcon up-b. GG.
Other teams that Jei and I played against that I don't remember because I'm dumb: GG I love you.
Deez: Sorry about all the waiting. GGs in singles.
JAX(?): GGs in singles. Sorry if my advice isn't very good.
Lizam: GGs nice sonic.
Ignis: Was looking forward to seeing your mario play. GGs was not expecting the shulk.
Attila: Quit getting into my head so much. I'm gonna get a tumor or something. GGs Game 5 was so lucky. Hopefully next time I can play the whole set like I played the first two games.
V: I'm so lucky to have gotten those three games from winners side of grand finals. I'm wasn't very good at fighting the mayor but I managed to learn enough to get the win by the end. I hope the power being accidentally turned off didn't make you lose focus too much. The taunt party was fun too (although our audience didn't seem to enjoy it). I never thought I'd be playing last game of grand finals while making jokes with my opponent. I don't know if that was distracting either so sorry if it was. GGs.
Bryce and Leish: Thanks for the lift home. Sucked it was too late to get some nice foods but oh well.
Boozer: Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Dean: Hi.
All the people who worked at the TO desk: Thanks for all your hard work. Sorry there was so many doods to organise.

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Dean: Hi.
Hey.

Shoutouts to those guys that bopped me in bracket, shoutouts to Boozer for Flare Blitzing the wrong way, shoutouts to those poor fools known as the TOs and shoutouts to Mario Party 2 crew.

Last edited:

thomashillish

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts

Joey: great job on TO'ing. Its always fun taking registration with you
Attila: Pit or Rosalina. Your choice. Thanks as always for the lift. We should practice soon
Jei: Congrats on your placement!. Would love to have more friendlies with you in the future.
Billy: Awesome stuff on your results. From the sounds of it you're gonna take this game seriously and that fills me with joy
Dean: :( I owe you one dollar
Viva: You are a force to reckoned with. Please come to more events!
Earl: One day we'll get to have friendlies without being interrupted.
Dreadtech: Always good to see you man. Bad luck on your results but I hope it doesn't discourage you cos you are a solid player.
Rhyno: I enjoyed our set except for that sd in game 3. Good job on the win though
Snoc: Good friendlies dude. Hope to see you at the next event
To anyone else, it was good to see you and thank you for your presence

Overall a successful event with great numbers. Perhaps next time melee and smash 4 singles should be further apart to help avoid massive lines. But judging from Dread's post in the fb group most of the problems encountered shouldn't happen in future. Not sure if I'm going to Shadowloo but definitely see y'all at the next monthly.

Mozart out

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I reckon for me I felt it was a good learning experience for the start of 2015. I certain was not mad at that match with Dogivet for I felt that I learnt the matchup with Meta knight very well for my first time. So overall Happy with what I got/10 :awesome:

Izzago

Shoutout to everyone who entered. That turnout was unexpected, and awesome. Between TOing and playing my matches, I was so worn out that I slept all day today. Woke up an hour ago haha.

Anyway, I'll only do a few shoutouts this time:

Redact: Sorry for how bad I was in teams. If I played well we could have won, for sure. If I ever get the chance to team with you again I'll make sure I play better. Thanks though, I had a great time. Feels good to have a top 3 finish to my name, I owe you one!

SnoProcod: Pity I'm not good at Smash 4. Both were winnable sets for us don't you think? Either way, was awesome fun teaming with you. I loved teaming with someone in Smash 4 who knew what they were doing. A nice change!

DD: Go to hell DD... I'll beat you one day... But seriously, dude, how close was that? I dread facing you because you always manage to expose my impatience. Good game though, really good game. Next time, I'm gonna win!

Dreadtech and Joey: Mostly, its thanks to you guys things went as well as they did. I don't even want to imagine having to handle that situation on my own, but you guys were more than on top of things. Also, hey Joey, I have a win against you now (in doubles)... Yeeeeeah!

Max: Sorry for the Donkey Kong debauchery... that was a little embarrassing. Your disgusting laser game destroyed my Marth though. Good game!

__

Anyway, see you all at Shadowloo Showdown! Make sure you register soon, its going to be great fun!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I can't believe how many people were at the venue today. Such a massive crowd o.o

Thanks for all the games and friendlies :) I might do a few shoutouts soon, but I always end up forgetting lols.

Thank god it was only 2 stock for Smash 4 or else it would've never finished on time. 70+ entrants is crazy ;o

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Hey guys here are my shoutouts :)

Dean - I'm glad I got to play you dude... Your Link is super hardcore! That Rage though...
Mozart - By far your the best Greninja player I've VSed to date... I was at the edge of my seat. Those matches was tense and I can't wait to play again.
Attila - It's about time we played off man. It was bound to happen. I did learn heaps from out match up on Halberd. I cant wait to play you again man.
Leisha - Thank for your awesome support and heaps of training and friendlies... You know it we will play again lols :D and thanks for beating me.
Brandon - My childhood mate. Glad I got to see you buddy and hope to hang out again soon. Your Marth's tips though. Nicely done.
Earl - Our Doubles Matches were awesome as. Your Little Mac and your team mates Diddy are a sweet team up. That KO punch combo you guys did to me... WOOOH!!!
Splice - Your Sonic is sweet man. I wanna do a 1 vs 1 ditto as Sonic one day soon.
Bijou - Thanks for your support and awesome feed back man. Many thanks for heaps of training and friendlies.
Baron - Thanks for helping me finish my pizza :D and all the training, support and friendlies.

I'm glad I finally got to join a ranking tournament this time guys. I've been playing Smash for years and I always wanted to join a ranking tournament for a long time but due to no transport and work at the time was always stopping me and preventing me from attending. Now that I can drive and also have a flexible job, you'll see me at more ranking tournaments from now on.

Thank you all for being super and supportive and I cant wait for the next monthly.

Cheers :)

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Usually I'll make a tournament review post but Dreadtech has already covered that super well. See it as the pinned post of the official Victorian Smash Facebook Group. If you haven't joined it already, please do.

Special shout outs to the non-TOs who helped out heaps - Mozart, Redact, Attila, Jesse, Jei, Leisha, Splice and any others I forgot to mention.

As usual, other TO's Dreadtech and Izzago were amazing. Thanks to Dom for his test run of recording - look forward to some production value next tournament.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
I have the memory of a goldfish.

Firstly...Doubles!
V - For carrying my ass through Doubles. always real fun to play alongside you and apologizes for the terrible stages we counter picked to.
ViVa and Jei - Close enough, we're Team Projectile. Even though you were the only team we couldn't put a dent in, it was definitely the match we could learn the most from.
Dean and Boozer - I only shudder to think what would happen if you took doubles more seriously, Dean.
Splice and Dreadtech - A very intense set. The two of you counter me pretty hard, giving V a workout on bailing me out. The one on one moment with Splice is a victory I'm incredibly proud of, in full honesty I expected to lose the set there.

I don't remember the names of the other people I came up against in Doubles and there isn't a picture of the bracket to remind me. )= Sorry!

Patty G - I was not expecting to have the first game taken off of me and I learned a couple of things from the set overall, so thanks.
Attila - Arg! That is one mean pit. A very enjoyable set, I did much better than I was expecting to. Hope to catch you in bracket next time, to see what you have in store.
Yosh - Admittedly, the fight itself was hazed over by my irritation at the bracket hiccup.
Salad - All Shulks must die.
Forte - I remember that I fought you but I don't remember the fight. )= Sorry!
Leisha - The David vs Goliath set of my day. None of the fights I had on Saturday really showed that I had improved since last time quite like our match. Taking a game off of you was quite exhilarating and while I am disappointed I couldn't follow through to take the set, overall I'm darn happy I wasn't falling for the same traps I was last time we fought. Thanks.

earla

Smash Lord
ya to's are awesome now. really appreciate your efforts to run things smoothly and to schedule. i dig those lame photos you take of top placing players.. excellent. keep doin good things.

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
Huge thanks to mozart for all our friendlies on the day, i'm already learning so much from our games.
also thanks to izzago for last minute doubles team up, was great fun playing with you dude.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Bit late but hey, I blame site maintenance.

First off, was another great tourney had lots of fun, awesome to start seeing some familiar faces when I go (as well as some new). Big thanks to those who were around at the desk, seemed much better organized (I think) from last time and even more impressive the with the massive number of people this time around.

Congrats to those who won, looked like a tough couple of fights from the ones I was able to watch, but sadly didn't see the finals, must have been great matches.

Some shout outs to both Baron and Splice for some amazing sets, some of the best matches I've had.
And another to Mark...... Sorry about the set.

See you guys in the future.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Shoutouts to Leisha, Mr. Game & Watch and Pokefloats. That's pretty much it.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
DD: Go to hell DD... I'll beat you one day... But seriously, dude, how close was that? I dread facing you because you always manage to expose my impatience. Good game though, really good game. Next time, I'm gonna win!
Was a fun set man, I'm starting to get a good feel for the match up just need to play against you some more!

Other Shoutouts:

Dread: I'm Sorry
Sadi & Tyler: I duno how we did so well in doubles but that **** was mad fun.
Lizam: Yo we need to get a set in next time you're starting to slap people and I want the experience :)
Matt G: Need to watch more of your games and have more jiggs whispering. Good **** homie
Star: Good too see you before I head off!
Dean: Swordfighter next tournament I promise
JKTS: Good **** man I wasn't ready for your peach at all and you exposed me for it. Will be more prepared for the Miles assist shiki next time as well.
Tomo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

Was a great monthly! Also a good wake up call gotta start that grind for BAM!

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Just a few shoutouts

Bracket Games
Jlo: We had some good games, I went a bit derp on our second game SDing like I did haha. Gotta be more careful next time. Keep up the good work :)

Unit: GG's :) Sorry my rob is a bit mean. Im scared of luigi with his death combos

Jei: Yoshi salt is salty. Seems like everything wins or I suck balls at the matchup. Grats on 3rd place :)

Shane/Bijou: Sorry I knocked you out again, we seem to get unlucky and always matched up in tournaments. Maybe next time might be different though :)

Sarah: I learnt a fair bit after playing our set... Make sure to ban the **** out of FD lmao. You've defiantly improved since the last time we clashed in a tournament. I was afraid after the FD loss but managed to pull through. Keep it up though =)

NinStarRose: I'm so proud of how well you did for your first tournament. You caused so many upsets showing not to be underestimated. ****ing loved it xD. I was lucky against you since you were getting tired. You did great regardless ^_^

Billy/Splice: Damn, I thought I had the set after my first win but you're a bloody quick learner. I gotta be more careful next time to not get carried away with overconfidence. (tootiredtoplayjohns) :p Great games.

Ledge/Team mate (sorry not sure who you were >_<): Sorry for the doubles attack, Ryan was on fire those games... Falcon is brutal

Other Shiz

Meredyse: Thanks for teaming up with me for melee. Sorry Im not very good, but double game and watch was fun. We should do it again soon :)

V: Thanks for the friendlies, although I have alot to learn about Villager. ><;; So derp at the matchup atm. Great work getting second place, sorry you didnt win though. Just really close... Destroy QLD for us :)

V's female friend (didnt catch her name): Was nice to meet you, :) I hope you keep coming to more tournaments. You're a really nice girl and fun to talk with. Please keep coming because I want more awesome girls in the community. Used to be alone ;-;

Deez: Nice getting 9th, Keep it up! :) Im scared of lucario haha

Dean: Pls stop bullying me with spikes, I cry evrytime. You're really awesome though, never change :) -hugs- OK.

Viva: Bonus points for me double shout out :p. Anyway Congrats on winning singles and destroying us in doubles. Please keep coming to events because youre awesome :)

Ryan: Sorry our doubles didnt go as awesome as last time, but I still had lots of fun :) Maybe another time we'll cause some destruction >=)

Bryce: Sorry you struggled a bit at this tournament, just keep trying and you'll become alot better. Practise makes perfect :D

Joey/Izzago: Thanks for running an awesome tournament, you did great considering the unexpected numbers. I hope I helped out in some way.

Baron: Just keep trying your best, I wanna see you destroy in singles :O. We'll keep training!

Matt-Ignis: Thanks for the friendlies, although you keep kicking my butt... haha.

Boozer: Charizard butt spikes are mean :< Its nice to talk to you again though, youre pretty cool :)

Justin: Was nice to talk to you again :) Maybe we should play some smash at somepoint ;O

Matt and Tom: Was glad to see you guys at the tournament and you both did great. Please keep coming and wreck some players. :O

Hopefully I got most people, sorry If I missed anyone ;_; I'm still learning alot of peoples names since I haven't come to tournaments for a long time.... I hope the community stays strong :3

Splice

Smash Hero
Good tournament!
Viva la Viva!!

sh00t00ts;
PM:
Moxie - You got good so fast. Teach me how to take a single game off SD please
SD - hope you felt a huge sense of achievement when you beat me in PM, adrenaline must have been coursing through you.
Redact - Fox vs GnW is ****ed. It feels like a 3 stock lead is not an advantage. get rekt th0
Dreadtech - holy ****
Mezer - GG's
Cheezy - GG's

Melee;
Redact - Huge props to taking a set off SD. This is big and the kinda thing that really puts you above myself and Skeletom. You've beat Dekar a few times and if you start to really take it to SD it could be the year of the Redact. Seeing you improve is the best
Skeletom - grats on beating toshi
SD - Grats on winning Melee, glad phil could give you a run for your money though

Brawl Smash4;
Jandlebars: :4sonic:
Dogivet: :4sonic:
Ledge: :4sonic:
Moxie: :4sonic:
Ignis: :4sonic:
Leisha: :4sonic:
Earl: :4littlemac::c:c:c
Guy I timed out in doubles: :4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:

Great to hang out with all the old Brawl crew, I missed all of you.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Good tournament!
SD - hope you felt a huge sense of achievement when you beat me in PM, adrenaline must have been coursing through you.
I was feeling myself pretty hard when you triple ledgedash SD'd mang.
Then when you reverse upb and missed the ledge 6 times I was ready to pop off.

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
With timed out and the winner is determined by percentage difference, its a weird rule if you ask me :S wouldn't it be better to repeat the remaining stocks instead?

Last edited:
Top Bottom