• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Last tourney for me, maybe.
Having 2 kids might prove to be too much we'll see.

I was planning on leaving anyway but knowing me, I'll end up....not...quitting...or something.

:phone:

Robsta

Smash Ace
Last tourney for me, maybe.
Having 2 kids might prove to be too much we'll see.

I was planning on leaving anyway but knowing me, I'll end up....not...quitting...or something.

:c

need a teammated for the 1st if anyone is keen (melee(

Nido

ily Sebby
I might bring my Wii for SSB64 on Virtual Console if anyone is interested

Plus I want super serious friendlies with Earl and Tibs in Brawl

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hey Chris, is there gonna be another all stars tournament this weekend? Or even a friendly setup? I didn't realise the tournaments were last weekend :/derp.

SL.Chris

Smash Cadet
RE: Smash Event this weekend, Saturday 1st of December.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to do one last confirmation for the event on the weekend, so this will definitely be happening, we'll be open from 12pm till late. =)

In terms of games, we'll be running both Smash and PS All-Stars 1v1 Tournaments. We'll also have our regular 3D Fighters tournament as well, so if any of you are interested you're more than welcome to participate in those.

In regards to equipment, I've managed to pick up a about 6-7 Wii Consoles (with 1 still in transit, so I'm not sure if it will make it by the weekend).

Unfortunately, what I don't have is the copies of the games and the save files, so if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out with those that would be awesome.

We've got plenty of CRT's, so people are more than welcome to bring their own setups along as well if you want to have more stations to play on. There will be a guaranteed 6 and I've got about another 6 or so CRT's that we can use for anyone who wants to bring their console along.

Maybe if you guys want to post who will be bringing what so we can keep track of everything. That way we can make sure we have enough of everything or that we don't end up bringing too much.

For this event on the weekend, if possible I wouldn't mind having a try at running a a few matches in the bracket. The reason for this is:

1. So that I can have a chance to meet all of you and match names to faces.
2. And secondly so I can gain a better understanding of the scene and take a bigger part in organising events in the future.

So yea, things still aren't as ideal as I would like where we already have all the equipment needed but we're definitely making progress there.
If you guys have any questions feel free to let me know, but otherwise I look forward to seeing you all on the weekend. =)

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I don't think you can copy Brawl save files... without Homebrew. idk what app lets you do that tho.

Otherwise I can bring Brawl + Melee CDs pretty easily as well as GC memory card. Laptop as well if we need it...

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Wait... Do doors open at noon, or do tourneys start at noon? I want to know the earliest time I can get there, as I want to have a lot of friendlies.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
I can also bring a copy of Melee and Brawl.

The lack of save files is a problem. I wouldn't mind showing up an hour early to manually unlock everything (unless someone else can do it through homebrew).

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I thought it was save-locked or something because I've tried before.
Assuming ad card is a typo for SD and not some sort of new super-hardware or something.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
IIRC, any wii game with online features cannot be transferred via SD card.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Nido.

Why don't you guys just use hacks to unlock everything? It's much easier than save files. The only thing hacks can't unlock is the "Stages that appear in random" option.

Edit:
Never mind, I forgot that not everyone has their Wii homebrewed.

Edit2:
But then again, you also need homebrew to install a brawl save file.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Anyone keen to do some mad unlocking? Else... Install homebrew on the wiis. Would mean we could use infinite replay and stuff.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
I just remembered what I had said a while back.

Wii's don't have to be modded (homebrew) for them to be able to apply codes (hacks) to games.
-True story ;)

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
got work off 100%, me and sam finally at the same tourney.

havn't touched the game since last time, gonna slap everyone

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Sigh... Footscray line has trackwork tomorrow -.-

Probably gonna be late for the tournament then, lol. Is singles or doubles first? Hopefully singles because I'd rather doubles anyway.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
afaik same as usual, brawl singles/melee teams, then later on brawl teams/melee singles

Splice

Smash Hero
I mostly likely won't come, but if I still do it will be after 5pm.

Around what time can we expect Brawl Doubles to begin?

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
So like, when was this in Moonee Ponds coz thats like 1 min from my house.
Edit: Also, track works on the Sydenham line are always after Footscray station, so you can pretty much get there by train. If you can't though, just catch the Cragieburn to Kensington station and walk like 10-15min down Kensington road.

SL.Chris

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the support guys, it's really awesome to see that you're all so passionate about Smash.

In terms equipment, I retract what I said before, it will probably be easier for everyone to just bring whatever you're comfortable with so we're in a position where we have more than what we need rather than less.

So games, consoles, controllers, laptops, I'll make sure to have the extra CRT's set up as well.

For those that want to come in early, I'll make sure that we're open by 11am tomorrow, so if anyone is happy to comedown and unlock the characters on the Wii Consoles they're more than welcome to.

Thanks guys. =)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
did we confirm whether or not we could use homebrew to unlock everything? homebrew only takes a few minutes to install, so this would be preferred...

SL.Chris

Smash Cadet
In regards, to homebrew, unfortunately I am not too familiar with the program so I'm not sure what is involved.

But, from what I just googled it seems to fall under the soft-mod/hack category (please correct me if I'm wrong).

If this is the case, I would prefer not to use it. If it is completely necessary due to the last minute nature of unlocking characters, I'm happy to use it on a once off occasion for tomorrow.

But, in the future because we plan to approach Nintendo about our events and potentially inquire about sponsorship, we would like to avoid using any kind of software or hardware that is not approved by them.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'll see what I can unlock on the day if the save file transfers dont work via SD card.

And thanks Surgi :) I shouldnt be worried now, just metlink was making it sound like I'd have my trip interrupted guaranteed

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
450 matches to unlock all characters (quickest using flowers + stamina mode 1HP but will take a long time), 200 KOs in normal Brawl to unlock extra rules and 10 matches on Pokémon Stadium 2 to unlock the original is the bare minimum to run a tournament.

I'll try to come early too but in the event we don't get enough done on time I'm bringing my consoles too.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how unlocking characters on the day is going to collaborate with time.
And to make matters worse, some characters are only unlockable via SSE.

Remember that Wiis DON'T have to be homebrewed in order for them to apply hacks to games. All that is need is Smash Stack which is booted up via Brawl itself.

Top Bottom